Philip Seymour Hoffman Death: He Revealed His Addiction to a Stranger and Told Friends 'I'm Going to Die'
By jaskiran kaur | February 5, 2014 6:05 PM EST
"Hunger Games" star Philip Seymour Hoffman has left his fans grieving over his untimely and sudden death. The late actor was found dead in his apartment and is said to have died due to overdose of the drug, heroin.
Recent update about Philip Seymour Hoffman's death has brought to light the fact that he knew he was addicted to the drug and was in danger. TMZ reported that the actor went on "heroin binge" for six weeks in a row before he succumbed to its fatal effects and died.
"Hunger Games" star's death created quite a stir in the media speculating the cause of his unexpected death. He was found dead on the bathroom floor of his apartment in Manhattan. Reportedly, he had a syringe stuck in his arm.
A recent report reveals that Philip Seymour Hoffman admitted being a drug addict to a complete stranger, just few weeks before he died. According to Telegraph UK report, John Arundel who is the co-publisher of Washington Life magazine bumped into Philip Seymour Hoffman at the Sundance Film Festival. The magazine publisher failed to recognize the actor who reportedly sported a disheveled look. At the gathering, John Arundel asked the actor what he did for living. In response, the actor said: "I'm a heroin addict." He also revealed that he just came out of the rehab after taking off his hat which let the stranger recognize him.
More reports suggest that he knew that his life was in danger. A friend when asked him about the seriousness of his drug abuse problem he revealed: "If I don't stop now, I know I'm going to die."
Few days later to his admission to drug addiction, the actor was found dead with 70 "baggies" of heroin and 20 used syringes, according to the Telegraph UK.
Reportedly, Philip Seymour Hoffman was attending AA meetings since four years. TMZ reports that he was considered as a "guru" in the group meetings for it was believed that he was sober for some time now and he inspired people with his motivational talks.
Meanwhile, a latest report by NY Daily News claims that the police have arrested four people suspecting their involvement in Philip Seymour Hoffman's death due to heroin overdose. Police took these four people in custody from Mott St. apartment as they believe that they provided him with the heroin.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast