Philip Seymour Hoffman Death: He Revealed His Addiction to a Stranger and Told Friends 'I'm Going to Die'
By jaskiran kaur | February 5, 2014 6:05 PM EST
"Hunger Games" star Philip Seymour Hoffman has left his fans grieving over his untimely and sudden death. The late actor was found dead in his apartment and is said to have died due to overdose of the drug, heroin.
Recent update about Philip Seymour Hoffman's death has brought to light the fact that he knew he was addicted to the drug and was in danger. TMZ reported that the actor went on "heroin binge" for six weeks in a row before he succumbed to its fatal effects and died.
"Hunger Games" star's death created quite a stir in the media speculating the cause of his unexpected death. He was found dead on the bathroom floor of his apartment in Manhattan. Reportedly, he had a syringe stuck in his arm.
A recent report reveals that Philip Seymour Hoffman admitted being a drug addict to a complete stranger, just few weeks before he died. According to Telegraph UK report, John Arundel who is the co-publisher of Washington Life magazine bumped into Philip Seymour Hoffman at the Sundance Film Festival. The magazine publisher failed to recognize the actor who reportedly sported a disheveled look. At the gathering, John Arundel asked the actor what he did for living. In response, the actor said: "I'm a heroin addict." He also revealed that he just came out of the rehab after taking off his hat which let the stranger recognize him.
More reports suggest that he knew that his life was in danger. A friend when asked him about the seriousness of his drug abuse problem he revealed: "If I don't stop now, I know I'm going to die."
Few days later to his admission to drug addiction, the actor was found dead with 70 "baggies" of heroin and 20 used syringes, according to the Telegraph UK.
Reportedly, Philip Seymour Hoffman was attending AA meetings since four years. TMZ reports that he was considered as a "guru" in the group meetings for it was believed that he was sober for some time now and he inspired people with his motivational talks.
Meanwhile, a latest report by NY Daily News claims that the police have arrested four people suspecting their involvement in Philip Seymour Hoffman's death due to heroin overdose. Police took these four people in custody from Mott St. apartment as they believe that they provided him with the heroin.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Indonesia Uses Russian-Built Fighter Jets In Chasing For Australian Plane
- Move Over, Jeremy Meeks; Brazil Has A Handsome Crook With 39 Murders On Record
- Producers Allowed to Sue ‘Femme Fatales’ Actress Anne Greene For Refusing Nude Scenes
- Islamic State: Aussie Terrorism Suspect Was In Same Video When Runaway Teenager Threatened PM Abbott
- Islamic State: From Beheading Men, IS Moves To Stoning Adulteress To Death
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop