Philip Seymour Hoffman Death: He Revealed His Addiction to a Stranger and Told Friends 'I'm Going to Die'
By jaskiran kaur | February 5, 2014 6:05 PM EST
"Hunger Games" star Philip Seymour Hoffman has left his fans grieving over his untimely and sudden death. The late actor was found dead in his apartment and is said to have died due to overdose of the drug, heroin.
Recent update about Philip Seymour Hoffman's death has brought to light the fact that he knew he was addicted to the drug and was in danger. TMZ reported that the actor went on "heroin binge" for six weeks in a row before he succumbed to its fatal effects and died.
"Hunger Games" star's death created quite a stir in the media speculating the cause of his unexpected death. He was found dead on the bathroom floor of his apartment in Manhattan. Reportedly, he had a syringe stuck in his arm.
A recent report reveals that Philip Seymour Hoffman admitted being a drug addict to a complete stranger, just few weeks before he died. According to Telegraph UK report, John Arundel who is the co-publisher of Washington Life magazine bumped into Philip Seymour Hoffman at the Sundance Film Festival. The magazine publisher failed to recognize the actor who reportedly sported a disheveled look. At the gathering, John Arundel asked the actor what he did for living. In response, the actor said: "I'm a heroin addict." He also revealed that he just came out of the rehab after taking off his hat which let the stranger recognize him.
More reports suggest that he knew that his life was in danger. A friend when asked him about the seriousness of his drug abuse problem he revealed: "If I don't stop now, I know I'm going to die."
Few days later to his admission to drug addiction, the actor was found dead with 70 "baggies" of heroin and 20 used syringes, according to the Telegraph UK.
Reportedly, Philip Seymour Hoffman was attending AA meetings since four years. TMZ reports that he was considered as a "guru" in the group meetings for it was believed that he was sober for some time now and he inspired people with his motivational talks.
Meanwhile, a latest report by NY Daily News claims that the police have arrested four people suspecting their involvement in Philip Seymour Hoffman's death due to heroin overdose. Police took these four people in custody from Mott St. apartment as they believe that they provided him with the heroin.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Egyptian Feminist Sends a Bold Message to ISIS as she Poses Nude & Bleeds On Islamic State Flag
- Canadian Serial Killer Suspect Confesses And Gives Murder Details
- No Charges Against 9-Year-Old Uzi Girl Who Accidentally Shoots to Death Arizona Gun Instructor (VIDEO)
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Judge Redfoo Hurt After Attacker Threw Glass At Him in Sydney Hotel
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements