Paul Walker’s Will: ‘Fast & Furious’ Actor Leaves Everything to Daughter; Will Girlfriend Contest the Will?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 5, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Paul Walker has secured the future of his daughter Meadow by leaving his $25 million worth estate to the 15-year-old, and made his father, Paul Sr., the executor.
Walker’s father filed the will in court and petitioned his wife Cheryl Walker to be made Meadow’s legal guardian and also the guardian of the $25 million estate, TMZ reported, citing a copy of the will. Paul Sr. filed the petition as per his son’s instructions in the will, the website noted.
Meadow, who was living with Walker prior to his death, is currently with her mother Rebecca Soteros, in Hawaii.
Soon after Meadow started living with him, Walker said in an interview that she is the best thing that happened to him. Various reports also suggested that Walker was planning to quit movies to spend more time with his daughter.
However, it is unclear as of now if Soteros will agree to let Cheryl be Meadow’s legal guardian, and tension in the family is almost guaranteed, multiple reports indicate.
“There’s no way Paul’s family will let Rebecca get her hands on all the money,” a source close to the family told Star magazine, according to HollywoodLife.com. “Paul’s family think they should be the financial caretakers. Paul’s parents want to have control of his assets. They think they know best.”
A court hearing is set to take place later this month.
Meanwhile, it is not yet clear if Walker’s girlfriend of seven years, Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell, will contest the will, as she feels she deserves a piece of his estate, according to reports.
But odds are against Jasmine as her relationship with Walker was not legally bound.
“While he probably hadn’t updated the will before his death (thus unable to write his girlfriend into the will), it still doesn’t seem entirely reasonable that he would’ve left anything to Jasmine,” Celeb Dirty Laundry noted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation