Paul Walker’s Will: ‘Fast & Furious’ Actor Leaves Everything to Daughter; Will Girlfriend Contest the Will?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 5, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Paul Walker has secured the future of his daughter Meadow by leaving his $25 million worth estate to the 15-year-old, and made his father, Paul Sr., the executor.
Walker’s father filed the will in court and petitioned his wife Cheryl Walker to be made Meadow’s legal guardian and also the guardian of the $25 million estate, TMZ reported, citing a copy of the will. Paul Sr. filed the petition as per his son’s instructions in the will, the website noted.
Meadow, who was living with Walker prior to his death, is currently with her mother Rebecca Soteros, in Hawaii.
Soon after Meadow started living with him, Walker said in an interview that she is the best thing that happened to him. Various reports also suggested that Walker was planning to quit movies to spend more time with his daughter.
However, it is unclear as of now if Soteros will agree to let Cheryl be Meadow’s legal guardian, and tension in the family is almost guaranteed, multiple reports indicate.
“There’s no way Paul’s family will let Rebecca get her hands on all the money,” a source close to the family told Star magazine, according to HollywoodLife.com. “Paul’s family think they should be the financial caretakers. Paul’s parents want to have control of his assets. They think they know best.”
A court hearing is set to take place later this month.
Meanwhile, it is not yet clear if Walker’s girlfriend of seven years, Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell, will contest the will, as she feels she deserves a piece of his estate, according to reports.
But odds are against Jasmine as her relationship with Walker was not legally bound.
“While he probably hadn’t updated the will before his death (thus unable to write his girlfriend into the will), it still doesn’t seem entirely reasonable that he would’ve left anything to Jasmine,” Celeb Dirty Laundry noted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide