Paul Walker’s Will: ‘Fast & Furious’ Actor Leaves Everything to Daughter; Will Girlfriend Contest the Will?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 5, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Paul Walker has secured the future of his daughter Meadow by leaving his $25 million worth estate to the 15-year-old, and made his father, Paul Sr., the executor.
Walker’s father filed the will in court and petitioned his wife Cheryl Walker to be made Meadow’s legal guardian and also the guardian of the $25 million estate, TMZ reported, citing a copy of the will. Paul Sr. filed the petition as per his son’s instructions in the will, the website noted.
Meadow, who was living with Walker prior to his death, is currently with her mother Rebecca Soteros, in Hawaii.
Soon after Meadow started living with him, Walker said in an interview that she is the best thing that happened to him. Various reports also suggested that Walker was planning to quit movies to spend more time with his daughter.
However, it is unclear as of now if Soteros will agree to let Cheryl be Meadow’s legal guardian, and tension in the family is almost guaranteed, multiple reports indicate.
“There’s no way Paul’s family will let Rebecca get her hands on all the money,” a source close to the family told Star magazine, according to HollywoodLife.com. “Paul’s family think they should be the financial caretakers. Paul’s parents want to have control of his assets. They think they know best.”
A court hearing is set to take place later this month.
Meanwhile, it is not yet clear if Walker’s girlfriend of seven years, Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell, will contest the will, as she feels she deserves a piece of his estate, according to reports.
But odds are against Jasmine as her relationship with Walker was not legally bound.
“While he probably hadn’t updated the will before his death (thus unable to write his girlfriend into the will), it still doesn’t seem entirely reasonable that he would’ve left anything to Jasmine,” Celeb Dirty Laundry noted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2