Paul Walker’s Will: ‘Fast & Furious’ Actor Leaves Everything to Daughter; Will Girlfriend Contest the Will?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 5, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Paul Walker has secured the future of his daughter Meadow by leaving his $25 million worth estate to the 15-year-old, and made his father, Paul Sr., the executor.
Walker’s father filed the will in court and petitioned his wife Cheryl Walker to be made Meadow’s legal guardian and also the guardian of the $25 million estate, TMZ reported, citing a copy of the will. Paul Sr. filed the petition as per his son’s instructions in the will, the website noted.
Meadow, who was living with Walker prior to his death, is currently with her mother Rebecca Soteros, in Hawaii.
Soon after Meadow started living with him, Walker said in an interview that she is the best thing that happened to him. Various reports also suggested that Walker was planning to quit movies to spend more time with his daughter.
However, it is unclear as of now if Soteros will agree to let Cheryl be Meadow’s legal guardian, and tension in the family is almost guaranteed, multiple reports indicate.
“There’s no way Paul’s family will let Rebecca get her hands on all the money,” a source close to the family told Star magazine, according to HollywoodLife.com. “Paul’s family think they should be the financial caretakers. Paul’s parents want to have control of his assets. They think they know best.”
A court hearing is set to take place later this month.
Meanwhile, it is not yet clear if Walker’s girlfriend of seven years, Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell, will contest the will, as she feels she deserves a piece of his estate, according to reports.
But odds are against Jasmine as her relationship with Walker was not legally bound.
“While he probably hadn’t updated the will before his death (thus unable to write his girlfriend into the will), it still doesn’t seem entirely reasonable that he would’ve left anything to Jasmine,” Celeb Dirty Laundry noted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports