Paul Walker’s Will: ‘Fast & Furious’ Actor Leaves Everything to Daughter; Will Girlfriend Contest the Will?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 5, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Paul Walker has secured the future of his daughter Meadow by leaving his $25 million worth estate to the 15-year-old, and made his father, Paul Sr., the executor.
Walker’s father filed the will in court and petitioned his wife Cheryl Walker to be made Meadow’s legal guardian and also the guardian of the $25 million estate, TMZ reported, citing a copy of the will. Paul Sr. filed the petition as per his son’s instructions in the will, the website noted.
Meadow, who was living with Walker prior to his death, is currently with her mother Rebecca Soteros, in Hawaii.
Soon after Meadow started living with him, Walker said in an interview that she is the best thing that happened to him. Various reports also suggested that Walker was planning to quit movies to spend more time with his daughter.
However, it is unclear as of now if Soteros will agree to let Cheryl be Meadow’s legal guardian, and tension in the family is almost guaranteed, multiple reports indicate.
“There’s no way Paul’s family will let Rebecca get her hands on all the money,” a source close to the family told Star magazine, according to HollywoodLife.com. “Paul’s family think they should be the financial caretakers. Paul’s parents want to have control of his assets. They think they know best.”
A court hearing is set to take place later this month.
Meanwhile, it is not yet clear if Walker’s girlfriend of seven years, Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell, will contest the will, as she feels she deserves a piece of his estate, according to reports.
But odds are against Jasmine as her relationship with Walker was not legally bound.
“While he probably hadn’t updated the will before his death (thus unable to write his girlfriend into the will), it still doesn’t seem entirely reasonable that he would’ve left anything to Jasmine,” Celeb Dirty Laundry noted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best