New Leaked Samsung UI Could Be Samsung Galaxy S5: Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Update
By Precious Silva | February 5, 2014 5:20 PM EST
Samsung makes the headlines every week with a new offering or a leaked tip. As the company prepares for a new set of phablets, tablets and smartphones this year, the market remains curious what the Korean tech giant has in store for people. Recently, a leaked UI of a Samsung device surfaced. Could this be the interface for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S? Will Samsung be incorporating the same UI to all of its upcoming devices?
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
Several reports came up last January about the new UI of Samsung. Notorious tipster @evleaks, posted on Twitter last January 7 saying that Samsung has been "exploring a new smartphone UI." The screenshots at the time did not give away much. It is apparent that the appearance is different. Some sources go as far as to say that the UI appears somewhat cartoony.
The fonts also appear narrower similar to those found on low resolution devices. The lock screen appears excellent. The central screen sports information similar to BlinkFeed. Apps under Samsung show up together with Android in older format on the home screen. While there are no confirmations from Samsung from the time the tipster posted the UI, a new leak supports the flatter UI.
SamMobile reported a new UI leaked last February 3. According to the report, the leak shows Samsung's new Health application with new user interface. The interface appears to be flatter compared to the existing UI of the S Health. Although both applications sport a similar green color, the color is their only similarity.
The leaked S Health app does not have the drop shadows unlike the icons of the existing app. Likewise, the leaked UI also uses a lighter font. It seems Samsung is switching more towards the design guidelines Google issued for Android devices. The new S Health app works with a single screen showing the location of the user, audio and speed controls including distance travelled.
While people's reactions are mixed over the UI and what the Samsung Galaxy S5 could look like, still, many analysts believe the leaked UI is a good improvement on the company's part. People will have to wait for more details and confirmation from Samsung.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance