New Leaked Samsung UI Could Be Samsung Galaxy S5: Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Update
By Precious Silva | February 5, 2014 5:20 PM EST
Samsung makes the headlines every week with a new offering or a leaked tip. As the company prepares for a new set of phablets, tablets and smartphones this year, the market remains curious what the Korean tech giant has in store for people. Recently, a leaked UI of a Samsung device surfaced. Could this be the interface for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S? Will Samsung be incorporating the same UI to all of its upcoming devices?
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
Several reports came up last January about the new UI of Samsung. Notorious tipster @evleaks, posted on Twitter last January 7 saying that Samsung has been "exploring a new smartphone UI." The screenshots at the time did not give away much. It is apparent that the appearance is different. Some sources go as far as to say that the UI appears somewhat cartoony.
The fonts also appear narrower similar to those found on low resolution devices. The lock screen appears excellent. The central screen sports information similar to BlinkFeed. Apps under Samsung show up together with Android in older format on the home screen. While there are no confirmations from Samsung from the time the tipster posted the UI, a new leak supports the flatter UI.
SamMobile reported a new UI leaked last February 3. According to the report, the leak shows Samsung's new Health application with new user interface. The interface appears to be flatter compared to the existing UI of the S Health. Although both applications sport a similar green color, the color is their only similarity.
The leaked S Health app does not have the drop shadows unlike the icons of the existing app. Likewise, the leaked UI also uses a lighter font. It seems Samsung is switching more towards the design guidelines Google issued for Android devices. The new S Health app works with a single screen showing the location of the user, audio and speed controls including distance travelled.
While people's reactions are mixed over the UI and what the Samsung Galaxy S5 could look like, still, many analysts believe the leaked UI is a good improvement on the company's part. People will have to wait for more details and confirmation from Samsung.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family