5 Movies that Make Singles Sad on Valentine’s Day
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 5, 2014 5:14 PM EST
A recent study reveals that watching as well as discussing romantic movies can repair the broken relation between a couple. There will be a couple of romantic movies to be released on the occasion of the Valentines's Day. Teenage love-story "Endless Love" and sensuous lesbian love-story "Blue is the Warmest Colour" are hitting the screens in Australia on Feb. 13. This has always been a favourite time for watching romantic movies.
While couples make plans on how they are going celebrate the day, singles look for a cave where they can hide. There are certain movies which couple will love to watch on this day. Singles, on the other hand, are expected to feel sad after watching these movies simply because they get more aware that they do not have someone to share their life with. Here are some of those movies:
Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
This Audrey Hepburn classic is probably the most celebrate movie of the actress that made her a romantic icon. Hepburn is at her charming best both as a sexy sophisticated lady in public and a neurotic person in private. She romanced George Peppard in the streets on New York in a manner that had never been captured before.
When Harry Met Sally (1989)
The story of eternal love or you may call it an inexplicable attraction that brings two people together over and over again. Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal gave the performance of their life to make this movie a true romantic classic for all ages.
The Notebook (2004)
This movie is definitely going to make you feel pathetic if you are single and desperate. This is a story of incredible love, dedication and sacrifice. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, who had nothing in common, make the foundation, while Gena Rowlands and James Garner take it the final act. If there is ever a story of eternal love, here it is.
This independent Australian movie swept critics off their feet. This movie is love, romance and sensuality rolled into one. it shows the confusion of a teenager in separating attraction from love and vice versa. The teenage romance shown in the movie is directed by Cate Shortland. Abbie Cornish, as a 16-year-old runaway, gives a sexually charged performance.
Before Sunset (2004)
There was something about 2004. There were so many incredible love stories were born. Before Sunset was definitely one of the greatest love stories ever told. It all started nine years before that when Amrican Jesse (Ethan Hawke) met French Celine (Julie Delpy) for the first time in a train. The sequel to Before Sunrise is practically awesome.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools