5 Movies that Make Singles Sad on Valentine’s Day
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 5, 2014 5:14 PM EST
A recent study reveals that watching as well as discussing romantic movies can repair the broken relation between a couple. There will be a couple of romantic movies to be released on the occasion of the Valentines's Day. Teenage love-story "Endless Love" and sensuous lesbian love-story "Blue is the Warmest Colour" are hitting the screens in Australia on Feb. 13. This has always been a favourite time for watching romantic movies.
While couples make plans on how they are going celebrate the day, singles look for a cave where they can hide. There are certain movies which couple will love to watch on this day. Singles, on the other hand, are expected to feel sad after watching these movies simply because they get more aware that they do not have someone to share their life with. Here are some of those movies:
Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
This Audrey Hepburn classic is probably the most celebrate movie of the actress that made her a romantic icon. Hepburn is at her charming best both as a sexy sophisticated lady in public and a neurotic person in private. She romanced George Peppard in the streets on New York in a manner that had never been captured before.
When Harry Met Sally (1989)
The story of eternal love or you may call it an inexplicable attraction that brings two people together over and over again. Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal gave the performance of their life to make this movie a true romantic classic for all ages.
The Notebook (2004)
This movie is definitely going to make you feel pathetic if you are single and desperate. This is a story of incredible love, dedication and sacrifice. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, who had nothing in common, make the foundation, while Gena Rowlands and James Garner take it the final act. If there is ever a story of eternal love, here it is.
This independent Australian movie swept critics off their feet. This movie is love, romance and sensuality rolled into one. it shows the confusion of a teenager in separating attraction from love and vice versa. The teenage romance shown in the movie is directed by Cate Shortland. Abbie Cornish, as a 16-year-old runaway, gives a sexually charged performance.
Before Sunset (2004)
There was something about 2004. There were so many incredible love stories were born. Before Sunset was definitely one of the greatest love stories ever told. It all started nine years before that when Amrican Jesse (Ethan Hawke) met French Celine (Julie Delpy) for the first time in a train. The sequel to Before Sunrise is practically awesome.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales