5 Movies that Make Singles Sad on Valentine’s Day
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 5, 2014 5:14 PM EST
A recent study reveals that watching as well as discussing romantic movies can repair the broken relation between a couple. There will be a couple of romantic movies to be released on the occasion of the Valentines's Day. Teenage love-story "Endless Love" and sensuous lesbian love-story "Blue is the Warmest Colour" are hitting the screens in Australia on Feb. 13. This has always been a favourite time for watching romantic movies.
While couples make plans on how they are going celebrate the day, singles look for a cave where they can hide. There are certain movies which couple will love to watch on this day. Singles, on the other hand, are expected to feel sad after watching these movies simply because they get more aware that they do not have someone to share their life with. Here are some of those movies:
Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
This Audrey Hepburn classic is probably the most celebrate movie of the actress that made her a romantic icon. Hepburn is at her charming best both as a sexy sophisticated lady in public and a neurotic person in private. She romanced George Peppard in the streets on New York in a manner that had never been captured before.
When Harry Met Sally (1989)
The story of eternal love or you may call it an inexplicable attraction that brings two people together over and over again. Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal gave the performance of their life to make this movie a true romantic classic for all ages.
The Notebook (2004)
This movie is definitely going to make you feel pathetic if you are single and desperate. This is a story of incredible love, dedication and sacrifice. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, who had nothing in common, make the foundation, while Gena Rowlands and James Garner take it the final act. If there is ever a story of eternal love, here it is.
This independent Australian movie swept critics off their feet. This movie is love, romance and sensuality rolled into one. it shows the confusion of a teenager in separating attraction from love and vice versa. The teenage romance shown in the movie is directed by Cate Shortland. Abbie Cornish, as a 16-year-old runaway, gives a sexually charged performance.
Before Sunset (2004)
There was something about 2004. There were so many incredible love stories were born. Before Sunset was definitely one of the greatest love stories ever told. It all started nine years before that when Amrican Jesse (Ethan Hawke) met French Celine (Julie Delpy) for the first time in a train. The sequel to Before Sunrise is practically awesome.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged