5 Movies that Make Singles Sad on Valentine’s Day
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 5, 2014 5:14 PM EST
A recent study reveals that watching as well as discussing romantic movies can repair the broken relation between a couple. There will be a couple of romantic movies to be released on the occasion of the Valentines's Day. Teenage love-story "Endless Love" and sensuous lesbian love-story "Blue is the Warmest Colour" are hitting the screens in Australia on Feb. 13. This has always been a favourite time for watching romantic movies.
While couples make plans on how they are going celebrate the day, singles look for a cave where they can hide. There are certain movies which couple will love to watch on this day. Singles, on the other hand, are expected to feel sad after watching these movies simply because they get more aware that they do not have someone to share their life with. Here are some of those movies:
Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
This Audrey Hepburn classic is probably the most celebrate movie of the actress that made her a romantic icon. Hepburn is at her charming best both as a sexy sophisticated lady in public and a neurotic person in private. She romanced George Peppard in the streets on New York in a manner that had never been captured before.
When Harry Met Sally (1989)
The story of eternal love or you may call it an inexplicable attraction that brings two people together over and over again. Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal gave the performance of their life to make this movie a true romantic classic for all ages.
The Notebook (2004)
This movie is definitely going to make you feel pathetic if you are single and desperate. This is a story of incredible love, dedication and sacrifice. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, who had nothing in common, make the foundation, while Gena Rowlands and James Garner take it the final act. If there is ever a story of eternal love, here it is.
This independent Australian movie swept critics off their feet. This movie is love, romance and sensuality rolled into one. it shows the confusion of a teenager in separating attraction from love and vice versa. The teenage romance shown in the movie is directed by Cate Shortland. Abbie Cornish, as a 16-year-old runaway, gives a sexually charged performance.
Before Sunset (2004)
There was something about 2004. There were so many incredible love stories were born. Before Sunset was definitely one of the greatest love stories ever told. It all started nine years before that when Amrican Jesse (Ethan Hawke) met French Celine (Julie Delpy) for the first time in a train. The sequel to Before Sunrise is practically awesome.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet