2014 Winter Olympics: Everything You Need to Know About Opening Ceremony of Sochi or XXII Olympic Winter Games: What, When, Where
By jaskiran kaur | February 5, 2014 4:53 PM EST
2014 Winter Olympics are scheduled to start on Feb.6 2014. It is time when sports lovers will hook to the TV sets more than ever. But the one event that can be enjoyed by everyone is Opening Ceremony of the XXII Olympic Winter Game. Here is everything you need to know about the same.
2014 Winter Olympics are being held in Sochi, Russia and will begin in just two days on Feb 6. 2014. But the Opening Ceremony of the XXII Olympic Winter Games will take place on Friday, Feb 7. 2014.
The big event which will welcome athletes from at least 88 countries will have star studded launch with numerous performances by great artists of Russia and events to remember.
The event will begin on the evening of Feb.7, 2014.
For the viewers in the U.S.A the games will be televised by NBC. Viewers can view the events on its Olympic Web site NBCOlympics.com as well as on its channels like NBC Sports Network, MSNBC and CNBC.
For the viewers in UK, the epic event and all the action from 2014 Winter Olympics will be broadcasted by BBC Sports. As per the report by Christian Today, they are dedicated to stream 650 hours of live coverage of the games being held in Sochi, Russia. Along with that BBC Two will render live coverage of the games every day. They will be aired from 7 a.m. GMT.
However, according to the reports, NBC will be streaming everything from the grounds in Sochi on NBCOlympics.com except the Opening Ceremony which can be watched later. It will be shown at 7.30 p.m. EST on NBC, but the event will begin at 11 a.m. EST.
2014 Winter Olympics will take place in a specially designed Fisht Olympic Stadium in Sochi, Russia. The indoor events will take place in venues constructed close to the stadium and the snow events of the XXII Olympic Winter games will be held in Krasnaya Polyana. The building cost of the stadium is estimated to $603.5 million. It can accommodate 40,000 spectators at a time and provides seaside setting with Black Sea close to it.
As per the Telegraph report, all the participants are "sworn to secrecy about their involvement" in the Feb.7, 2014 event. But it is said that the Opening Ceremony of the 2014 Winter Olympics will have over 1000 participants, as reported by Christian Today. The event will also include a chorus by more than 1,000 Russian Children. It is said that it will feature a musical event by violinist Yuri Bashmet and conductor Valery Gergiev.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide