2014 Winter Olympics: Everything You Need to Know About Opening Ceremony of Sochi or XXII Olympic Winter Games: What, When, Where
By jaskiran kaur | February 5, 2014 4:53 PM EST
2014 Winter Olympics are scheduled to start on Feb.6 2014. It is time when sports lovers will hook to the TV sets more than ever. But the one event that can be enjoyed by everyone is Opening Ceremony of the XXII Olympic Winter Game. Here is everything you need to know about the same.
2014 Winter Olympics are being held in Sochi, Russia and will begin in just two days on Feb 6. 2014. But the Opening Ceremony of the XXII Olympic Winter Games will take place on Friday, Feb 7. 2014.
The big event which will welcome athletes from at least 88 countries will have star studded launch with numerous performances by great artists of Russia and events to remember.
The event will begin on the evening of Feb.7, 2014.
For the viewers in the U.S.A the games will be televised by NBC. Viewers can view the events on its Olympic Web site NBCOlympics.com as well as on its channels like NBC Sports Network, MSNBC and CNBC.
For the viewers in UK, the epic event and all the action from 2014 Winter Olympics will be broadcasted by BBC Sports. As per the report by Christian Today, they are dedicated to stream 650 hours of live coverage of the games being held in Sochi, Russia. Along with that BBC Two will render live coverage of the games every day. They will be aired from 7 a.m. GMT.
However, according to the reports, NBC will be streaming everything from the grounds in Sochi on NBCOlympics.com except the Opening Ceremony which can be watched later. It will be shown at 7.30 p.m. EST on NBC, but the event will begin at 11 a.m. EST.
2014 Winter Olympics will take place in a specially designed Fisht Olympic Stadium in Sochi, Russia. The indoor events will take place in venues constructed close to the stadium and the snow events of the XXII Olympic Winter games will be held in Krasnaya Polyana. The building cost of the stadium is estimated to $603.5 million. It can accommodate 40,000 spectators at a time and provides seaside setting with Black Sea close to it.
As per the Telegraph report, all the participants are "sworn to secrecy about their involvement" in the Feb.7, 2014 event. But it is said that the Opening Ceremony of the 2014 Winter Olympics will have over 1000 participants, as reported by Christian Today. The event will also include a chorus by more than 1,000 Russian Children. It is said that it will feature a musical event by violinist Yuri Bashmet and conductor Valery Gergiev.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand