Is Jamie Dornan Leaving 'Fifty Shades of Grey?' [First Look]
By Vanessa Francisco | February 5, 2014 4:29 PM EST
Jamie Dornan is reportedly taking a break from the filming of "Fifty Shades of Grey" to work on a different project, BBC hit "The Fall." Dornan is currently in Vancouver, Canada to shoot for the movie adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel. However, reports say that the Northern Irish actor will be back in Belfast, Northern Ireland to shoot the second series of "The Fall" in February.
"The Fall" is scheduled to run for four months with six episodes in its second series. Originally, January was the target month of filming but Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan's commitments held the shoot off until February 2014. "Start shooting The Fall season 2 next February. By the sound of it, it's gonna be f**king awesome. Can't wait..." posted actor Emmett Scanlan, who plays Glen Martin in "The Fall," on Twitter earlier in January.
Anderson plays the steely DSI Stella Gibson in BBC's "The Fall" while the former Calvin Klein endorser Dornan plays the killer, Paul Spector. "We have been speaking to Jamie Dornan about his role for nine months now and our schedule is not in any way affected," says Gub Neal, executive producer of "The Fall" to RadioTimes.co.uk. "We will start shooting at the last part of January and the start of February. It is a 16-week project and nothing's changed."
The filming of "The Fall" is said to have been delayed due to Gillian Anderson's commitments with the U.S. show, "Hannibal." It is expected that most of the primary cast from "The Fall" Season One will return to the second installment alongside Dornan and Anderson, including Emmett Scanlan, Bronagh Waugh, Niamh McGrady, Gerard McCarthy and Archie Panjabi.
The 31-year-old Hollywood actor, who became a father for the first time in November 2013, replaced Charlie Hunnam as the billionaire Christian Grey while his love interest, Anastasia Steele is being played by Dakota Johnson. The first poster of "50 Shades of Grey" has recently been out. It shows the business magnet Grey looking out of his office overlooking Seattle. The movie is set to be released on Valentine's Day 2015. The E.L. James novel has set the record as the fastest-selling paperback of all time, having sold over 90 million copies worldwide.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Endangered Characters On ‘The Winds of Winter’: Tyrion Lannister, Theon Greyjoy & Jon Snow
- Justin Bieber Was Not A Very Good Host For 'Saturday Night Live,' Cast Members Tell All In A Book
- 'True Love,' Jennifer Lopez Book - Everything To Know About The First Ever Book By The Latin Artist
- A Bookless Digital Library Hums With Knowledge
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza