Is Jamie Dornan Leaving 'Fifty Shades of Grey?' [First Look]
By Vanessa Francisco | February 5, 2014 4:29 PM EST
Jamie Dornan is reportedly taking a break from the filming of "Fifty Shades of Grey" to work on a different project, BBC hit "The Fall." Dornan is currently in Vancouver, Canada to shoot for the movie adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel. However, reports say that the Northern Irish actor will be back in Belfast, Northern Ireland to shoot the second series of "The Fall" in February.
"The Fall" is scheduled to run for four months with six episodes in its second series. Originally, January was the target month of filming but Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan's commitments held the shoot off until February 2014. "Start shooting The Fall season 2 next February. By the sound of it, it's gonna be f**king awesome. Can't wait..." posted actor Emmett Scanlan, who plays Glen Martin in "The Fall," on Twitter earlier in January.
Anderson plays the steely DSI Stella Gibson in BBC's "The Fall" while the former Calvin Klein endorser Dornan plays the killer, Paul Spector. "We have been speaking to Jamie Dornan about his role for nine months now and our schedule is not in any way affected," says Gub Neal, executive producer of "The Fall" to RadioTimes.co.uk. "We will start shooting at the last part of January and the start of February. It is a 16-week project and nothing's changed."
The filming of "The Fall" is said to have been delayed due to Gillian Anderson's commitments with the U.S. show, "Hannibal." It is expected that most of the primary cast from "The Fall" Season One will return to the second installment alongside Dornan and Anderson, including Emmett Scanlan, Bronagh Waugh, Niamh McGrady, Gerard McCarthy and Archie Panjabi.
The 31-year-old Hollywood actor, who became a father for the first time in November 2013, replaced Charlie Hunnam as the billionaire Christian Grey while his love interest, Anastasia Steele is being played by Dakota Johnson. The first poster of "50 Shades of Grey" has recently been out. It shows the business magnet Grey looking out of his office overlooking Seattle. The movie is set to be released on Valentine's Day 2015. The E.L. James novel has set the record as the fastest-selling paperback of all time, having sold over 90 million copies worldwide.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- US Cancer Victim Inspires with The Journey After Death
- Game of Thrones Updates: Tyrion Lannister’s End in George R.R. Martin’s Winds of Winter
- Julia Gillard Admits to a Controversial Deed
- Game of Thrones 2014 Comic Con: George R.R. Martin & His Inspiration, GOT Showrunners & The Challenge to Tell the Story on Screen
- Fifty Shades of Grey Jamie Dornan Making Waves in Hollywood, Irish Actor Lands a Role Alongside Bradley Cooper
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff