Is Jamie Dornan Leaving 'Fifty Shades of Grey?' [First Look]
By Vanessa Francisco | February 5, 2014 4:29 PM EST
Jamie Dornan is reportedly taking a break from the filming of "Fifty Shades of Grey" to work on a different project, BBC hit "The Fall." Dornan is currently in Vancouver, Canada to shoot for the movie adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel. However, reports say that the Northern Irish actor will be back in Belfast, Northern Ireland to shoot the second series of "The Fall" in February.
"The Fall" is scheduled to run for four months with six episodes in its second series. Originally, January was the target month of filming but Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan's commitments held the shoot off until February 2014. "Start shooting The Fall season 2 next February. By the sound of it, it's gonna be f**king awesome. Can't wait..." posted actor Emmett Scanlan, who plays Glen Martin in "The Fall," on Twitter earlier in January.
Anderson plays the steely DSI Stella Gibson in BBC's "The Fall" while the former Calvin Klein endorser Dornan plays the killer, Paul Spector. "We have been speaking to Jamie Dornan about his role for nine months now and our schedule is not in any way affected," says Gub Neal, executive producer of "The Fall" to RadioTimes.co.uk. "We will start shooting at the last part of January and the start of February. It is a 16-week project and nothing's changed."
The filming of "The Fall" is said to have been delayed due to Gillian Anderson's commitments with the U.S. show, "Hannibal." It is expected that most of the primary cast from "The Fall" Season One will return to the second installment alongside Dornan and Anderson, including Emmett Scanlan, Bronagh Waugh, Niamh McGrady, Gerard McCarthy and Archie Panjabi.
The 31-year-old Hollywood actor, who became a father for the first time in November 2013, replaced Charlie Hunnam as the billionaire Christian Grey while his love interest, Anastasia Steele is being played by Dakota Johnson. The first poster of "50 Shades of Grey" has recently been out. It shows the business magnet Grey looking out of his office overlooking Seattle. The movie is set to be released on Valentine's Day 2015. The E.L. James novel has set the record as the fastest-selling paperback of all time, having sold over 90 million copies worldwide.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1