Kim Kardashian on the Cover of Vogue a HOAX!
By Riza Ornos | February 5, 2014 4:27 PM EST
Kim Kardashian landing a Vogue cover is a dream come true for husband Kanye West after years of lobbying it to Anna Wintour, the fashion magazine's editor-in-chief. But it seems that the news about Kim's Vogue cover is not true as reported by Jezebel on Sunday that the star is shooting her first US Vogue cover.
A source close to the 33-year-old reality star revealed that the "too good to be true" report is "not true" since a cover or a spread would require an official approval. The rumored cover can only be approved by two magazine executives, Vogue's editor-in-chief Anna Wintour and Creative Director Conde Nast.
"Of course Kim would love to be on the cover of Vogue someday,'' says a second insider in an interview posted in Us Magazine.
Kanye recently made some comments about the magazine's upcoming issue as it features Lena Dunham for February cover. He said that the Kardashians had bigger fan base and there is no way that her baby mama shouldn't be on the cover of the fashion bible.
He said that Kim is "just as talented as Lena, if not more so," and was allegedly insulted because Wintour is his friend. "He thinks Anna is listening to a bunch of 'know-nothing' corporate haters," says a source in an interview with Radar.
"There is no way Kim Kardashian shouldn't be on the cover of Vogue. She is the most intriguing woman right now. She has got Barbara Walters calling her like everyday," says West in an interview with Ryan Seacreast back in October posted in Entertainment Wise.
The future is still uncertain but in the world of showbiz anything is possible. Kim is slowly working her way to high fashion as she and fiancé bonded with Wintour on more than one occasion. While pregnant with North, Kim and Kanye was invited for an intimate dinner at Wintour's NYC apartment the night before the Met Gala.
After the biggest fashion night, the reality show bombshell was spotted sitting near Wintour and other pals at West's Yeezus tour concert on Nov. 19 inside the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery