Liverpool Transfer News: Winger Will '1000 Percent' Sign in the Summer; Experienced Midfielder Claims He Snubbed Anfield Move
By Deepak Vikraman | February 5, 2014 4:27 PM EST
Dnipro Dinipropetrovsk are convinced Liverpool will sign their player Yevhen Konoplyanka in the summer.
The Reds came quite close to completing the move for the Ukrainian international winger in the January transfer window, but fell just short with time running out on deadline day.
Yevhen Konoplyanka could make a move to Liverpool in the summer
Brendan Rodgers admitted he was disappointed at losing out on the signing of Konoplyanka, but Dnipro executive director Andriy Rusol is "1000 percent" sure Liverpool will make a move for the 24-year-old come the end of the season.
"I am a thousand percent sure that Liverpool will try again in the summer and then we'll let him go," he is quoted as telling Ukrainian media outlets.
"Money was not the problem, the problem was that Liverpool came too late.
"But in the summer everything will be fine. If Liverpool, in the summer, report to us, Yevhen will still go to this club."
Rusol also rejected suggestions it had been the owner Igor Kolomoisky who had vetoed the move to sell Konoplyanka to Liverpool.
"Igor Kolomoisky gave the go-ahead immediately," Rusol added. "It is not our fault, Liverpool representatives could have arrived a day or two earlier.
"Up to the deadline we were waiting for the transfer of money from Liverpool. But this did not happen."
Liverpool could well have had two January signing, instead of nil, if former Barcelona and Sevilla midfielder Seydou Keita is to be believed.
According to the Mali international, Liverpool missed out on garnering his signature, after he decided to break off negotiations with the English Premier League side in favour of a move to Valencia.
"When we received the call from Valencia, talks with Liverpool were at a very advanced stage," Keita said. "But then I told my agent we were going to Valencia. I did not doubt for a second.
"When I came to play at the Mestalla with Sevilla or Barcelona I suffered a lot to win, because this is a really big club with fantastic fans. That is why I opted to come here."
Keita, who has plied his trade in China with Dalian Aerbin in the last year and a half, signed a six-month contract with Valencia, with the option of extending the deal by a further year.
"It is important that this is clear. I am coming here from China. To sign for a year-and-a-half is a difficult thing for the club," Keita added.
"I told them to relax, that I would sign for six months and if I have the right level we will all have time to continue. That is better for the club and for everyone."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers