NFL Trade News: Eric Decker to Patriots, Knowshon Moreno Chased by NY Giants, Raiders; Broncos Could Lose Two Key Cogs This Offseason
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 5, 2014 4:06 PM EST
The Denver Broncos could lose some of its key cogs, following their devastating loss to Seattle Seahawks at Super Bowl XLVIII. According to latest buzz on the NFL free agency front, wide receiver Eric Decker and running back Knowshon Moreno could bolt out of Denver when they become free-agents this offseason.
Broncos quarterback Manning walks off the field after a set of downs against the Seattle Seahawks in the during the NFL Super Bowl XLVIII football game in East Rutherford
Latino Post reported the possible departure of both Decker and Moreno even before the Broncos 43-8 defeat at the hands of the Seahawks on Sunday.
Both Decker and Moreno are expected to test the free-agency market, and several teams have already expressed interest in signing the two highly-productive offensive players.
Wideout on Deck
Decker is coming off another career season after catching for 11,288 yards on 87 receptions and 11 touchdowns as one of the primarily targets of Peyton Manning this season.
"In his last two NFL seasons, both with quarterback Peyton Manning at the helm, Decker has totaled 172 receptions for 2,352 yards and 24 scores. That's quite a turnaround for the former third-round selection. The talented wideout caught only 50 passes in his first two years in the league," via Bleacher Report.
Yahoo Sports NFL writer Andrew Martin believed one possible destination for Decker, if he decides not to resign with the Broncos, is the New England Patriots, where he could benefit from the passing brilliance of another future Hall of Fame quarterback, Tom Brady.
"NESN.com's Doug Kyed wrote about how the 26-year-old Decker has the size and versatility that would be a great fit for Brady and New England," via Yahoo Sports.
"Having played with quarterback Peyton Manning over the past couple of seasons, Decker has flourished with a top-flight passer. Despite being part of an offense with an array of weapons, he still came away with 87 catches for 1,288 yards and 11 touchdowns this season."
Moreno on the Loose
The Broncos could also let Moreno walk away via free agency if they don't present a solid contract for the speedy running back. Though they have Monte Ball waiting to fill in his role, it's going to be hard to replace his production last season as he run for 1,038 yards on 241 carries with 10 scores.
The Atlanta Falcons, New York Giants, Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins and Oakland Raiders are the ball clubs that could sign the running back this offseason.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- DeMarcus Cousins, Omar Casspi Lift Undermanned Sacramento Kings Over New Orleans Pelicans, 99-89
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast