Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date Update: Did Company Dropped the Tablet?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 5, 2014 3:24 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release date may no longer occur as rumors spread the company already dropped the tablet line.
The search giant is probably not delaying the release date of the much awaited 10-inch tablet; it is possible that it already dissolved the tablet line.
Photo of the Nexus 10, taken from http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html, which is released under CC 2.5 Attribution. Portions of this page are reproduced from work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License.
There are various reasons Google discontinued developing Nexus 10 2. The original Nexus 10 had low sales when it was released in November 2012. The first generation of Google's full-fledged tablet failed to make an impression among consumers because of poor specs and features. Despite the cheaper price tag, there are many alternative tablets in the market.
Also, since Samsung made the first generation of Google's infamous tablet, it was speculated that the South Korean manufacturer will take the helm in making the second generation of the device. But it seemed Samsung has its hands full with its own devices and probably turned down Google's offer.
If Google really intends to release the tablet, it probably went back to the drawing board as Samsung recently introduced a new powerful tablet line - PRO tablets. For example, the PRO tablets offer two 12-inch tablets. This probably puts pressure on Google to be at par with its rivals.
Tech Industry Observer Edgar Murtazin stirred the market by saying Google has plans to drop the whole Nexus line in lieu of Google Play Editions of various Android devices. This is further fueled by the sudden decision of Google to sell off Motorola Mobility to Lenovo. This proves that Google gives up in making its own hardware.
According to rumors, Nexus 10 2 will run with the latest Android OS. There are also speculations that the next tablet will be released with a new version of Android mobile software. That is probably why the tablet has been delayed indefinitely.
Google Nexus 10 2 is also rumored to come with 10-inch screen with 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution; NVIDIA Tegra 4 chipset or latest Snapdragon CPU or Samsung's Exynos chip; 5-megapixel rear camera and a 3-megapixel front-facing camera. Other rumors claimed Nexus 10 2 will come with 12-inch screen display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports