'Titanfall' on Xbox One Faces Off with PC; Possible PS4 to Come in a Year; Beta Sign Ups Still Teased by Respawn
By Gel Galang | February 5, 2014 3:23 PM EST
[UPDATE: Learn the story behind what you'll be hearing once Titanfall gets released: Read about the original score and composer for Titanfall here.]
With "Titanfall" only coming out for Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC, it's not surprising that comparisons will be made between console and PC versions.
This very comparison has already been documented, spotted by DualShockers. The face-off shows that the resolution used for the Xbox One alpha testing was really low, though Respawn has reportedly confirmed that this was just normal practice for pre-testing.
What Xbox One players should take note of is that they should not expect the same reduced download size, as Respawn has already confirmed that what was witnessed in the alpha testing for the Xbox One version will not be the final one for the game.
*Another release date has been teased by online retailer for "Watch Dogs": Read the details here.
DualShockers have gotten hold of the comparison screenshots, and as can be seen in the link above, the textures between the Xbox One alpha and the PC version present very different qualities. Texture quality can be seen in a number of aspects, including chain gun, computers and even some body parts of the titans in "Titanfall."
Given the height and gravity of response of players to "Titanfall," it is highly possible that Respawn will really provide a better version for the full game on the Xbox One, particularly to take advantage of the features of Microsoft's console.
Beta Still Waiting for Confirmation, Respawn Teases More
With "Titanfall" scheduled to release to the public on March 11, there is already a huge clamor for when developer Respawn Entertainment will give more details for the beta access.
So far, a number of fans have been asking over at Respawn Entertainment's Twitter about the beta details, and the developer has been very coy with its responses.
— Respawn (@Respawn) February 4, 2014
Respawn founder Vince Zampella also informed fans of details via his Twitter account.
Need to put a build through certification and pass before we officially announce a date for beta. — Vince Zampella (@VinceZampella) February 4, 2014
And before that, a snapshot of what appears to be a warehouse with the word "Titanfall" emblazoned on the top area was teased by Respawn, with the following caption:
Here doing some event set-up for Titanfall. That can only mean some new stuff is on the way.... http://t.co/W1kiEucmxR
— Respawn (@Respawn) February 2, 2014
Whether or not this has anything to do with the beta or perhaps additional content has not yet been specified. But those who have been following the official Respawn Twitter page would see the "Titanfall" PC specs that have been tweeted by Zampella:
Min: 64-bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1 AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 4GB RAM 512MB VRAM, Radeon HD 4770 or GeForce 8800GT — Vince Zampella (@VinceZampella) February 4, 2014
Are you ready to play Titanfall?
'Titanfall' on PS4 in a Year?
*The PS4 firmware 1.60 is finally out and detailed: Read here for more PS4 news.
One such hint supposedly came from Alex Moyet, SCEE brand manager, who has reportedly tweeted that she feels the franchise will come to the PS4 in a year.
Gamepur reports that the tweet, which has now been deleted, contradicts what has already been announced by publisher EA. Previously, it was announced that the Xbox One exclusivity has been made because of predicted sales of the consoles.
"We had some forecast at that time from where we thought both Xbox and PlayStation would be and that's what we based our decision on. I think we're still feeling very comfortable with that," said Blake Jorgensen, EA's CFO in a statement quoted by The Sixth Axis.
Still, Moyet may have been referring to the possible succeeding "Titanfall" projects, which are not yet covered by any Xbox One exclusivity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election