Nokia Normandy/Nokia X: Budget Android Phone to be Launched in March as Member of the Nokia Asha Series?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 5, 2014 3:20 PM EST
The latest reports surrounding the Nokia Normandy budget Android smartphone or also known as Nokia X claim the device will be launched in March as it joins the Nokia Asha series. According to the Droid Guy report, an unnamed senior executive from Nokia made the revelation on the alleged midrange Android smartphone.
The Nokia Normandy launch date in the Ubergizmo report is scheduled on March 25. Other reports suggest that the Finnish smartphone manufacturer may officially unveil the rumoured handset in the upcoming 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC) even to take place from February 24 to 27 in Barcelona, Spain.
In Vietnam, the Nokia Normandy smartphone has appeared in a retailer Web site with some of the device's features and specs listed comparable to the Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone handset. The Nokia Normandy or Nokia X smartphone reported features and specs include a 4-inch WVGA screen display with 800x480p resolution, a dual-core 1.2 GHz chipset, 5MP rear-facing camera, 512 MB RAM and 4GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded via the microSD card slot.
Additional features and specs include the dual-SIM capability and a 1500mAh battery to keep the device going. However, the Nokia Normandy processor is reportedly enhanced to 1.7GHz which will certainly bring the smartphone to a different level courtesy of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and users will benefit from the boost.
The Nokia Normandy battery is also reported to be enhanced from 1500mAh to 2000mAh to guarantee the device can last the entire day for the average smartphone user. Pricing scheme for the upcoming device is estimated to be not more than $100 to $120.
As for the colour options, consumers can choose from the various colours available. Leaked images of the Nokia Normandy show the device sporting the bright green, white, yellow, red, blue and black colour choices.
The Nokia Normandy or Nokia X became one of the most anticipated and talked about Android device due to the Finnish company's history with the Android OEMs as well as its association with Microsoft. However, Nokia has not yet released any official statement to offer details on the reported Nokia Normandy/Nokia X budget Android smartphone.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1020: AT&T Offers Low Price of $49.99 For Windows Phone Handset - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe