Brain-Dead Pregnant Woman In Canada To Give Birth And Die Soon After
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 5, 2014 3:18 PM EST
A Canadian woman has been put on life support after she suffered from brain hemorrhage all of a sudden. She was pregnant for 22 weeks when the incident occured. Currently, the husband of the woman is waiting for the day their child will be born. That will be the same day when he will lose his wife forever.
This was an incredible incident that happened to Robyn Benson from Victoria, B.C. She suffered hemorrhage on Dec. 28 and was left brain-dead. Dylan Benson, her husband, went out for getting some Tylenol for her after she had complained of a crushing headache. But when he returned home, he found his wife lying unconscious on the bathroom floor. She was still breathing but she was declared brain-dead. Doctors could not make her recover. They eventually announced that she would never wake up again.
Mr. Benson decided to write to the fundraising Web site YouCaring.com for support with the hope that he would be able to raise $36,000. Even though Mr. Benson asked nothing more than the annual income of his wife, the world turned out to be much more supportive than he might have expected it to be. By morning of Tuesday Feb. 4, Dylan was able to raise $75,000.
The support came not only from friends and family but from people worldwide. In his appeal, Mr. Benson wrote that it was devastating that his 22-month pregnant wife became brain-dead. In his updated remarks, he expressed his overwhelming emotions after he came to know about the support his wife was receiving.
Doctors were able to keep Mr. Benson's wife alive for the past 5 weeks so that the unborn child could be born through C-section surgery. The child who has already been named Iver Cohen Benson is expected to see the light of the world by the end February after spending 34 weeks in his mother's womb.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- HIV Cure: Modified Gene Therapy Causing Resistance And Mysterious Enzyme Could Unlock Effective Treatment
- Using Hand Dryers in Public Restrooms Could Spread Germs
- Text Neck Causes More Harm Than You Think
- Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Pregnancy Nausea Should Not Be Called 'Morning Sickness' Because It Lasts All Day
- Beating Postnatal Depression Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports