Brain-Dead Pregnant Woman In Canada To Give Birth And Die Soon After
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 5, 2014 3:18 PM EST
A Canadian woman has been put on life support after she suffered from brain hemorrhage all of a sudden. She was pregnant for 22 weeks when the incident occured. Currently, the husband of the woman is waiting for the day their child will be born. That will be the same day when he will lose his wife forever.
This was an incredible incident that happened to Robyn Benson from Victoria, B.C. She suffered hemorrhage on Dec. 28 and was left brain-dead. Dylan Benson, her husband, went out for getting some Tylenol for her after she had complained of a crushing headache. But when he returned home, he found his wife lying unconscious on the bathroom floor. She was still breathing but she was declared brain-dead. Doctors could not make her recover. They eventually announced that she would never wake up again.
Mr. Benson decided to write to the fundraising Web site YouCaring.com for support with the hope that he would be able to raise $36,000. Even though Mr. Benson asked nothing more than the annual income of his wife, the world turned out to be much more supportive than he might have expected it to be. By morning of Tuesday Feb. 4, Dylan was able to raise $75,000.
The support came not only from friends and family but from people worldwide. In his appeal, Mr. Benson wrote that it was devastating that his 22-month pregnant wife became brain-dead. In his updated remarks, he expressed his overwhelming emotions after he came to know about the support his wife was receiving.
Doctors were able to keep Mr. Benson's wife alive for the past 5 weeks so that the unborn child could be born through C-section surgery. The child who has already been named Iver Cohen Benson is expected to see the light of the world by the end February after spending 34 weeks in his mother's womb.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Vaccine Not Coming Soon Enough; Australia and New Zealand Prepare for Possible Outbreak
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Most Parents See 'Nothing Wrong' with Overweight or Obese Children
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Ebola Virus Spreading in Africa Could Reach US
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools