Philip Seymour Hoffman Death Update: 70 Glassine Bags of Heroin Found in NYC Apartment with Charred Spoon Beside Dead Body
By Janice Somosot | February 5, 2014 2:44 PM EST
Academy Award winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman's death from an apparent heroin overdose last Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014 has shocked a lot of people because it was so sudden. New reports have surfaced revealing even more shocking details about "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" and "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay" actor's death in New York City (NYC).
According to the New York Daily News, sources say that 70 glassine bags of heroin were found in the 46-year-old actor's NYC apartment on Bethune St., with at least 50 still unopened bags. Aside from the massive stash of heroin, other prescription drugs and drug paraphernalia were discovered in Hoffman's home including a charred spoon beside his dead body and 20 hypodermic needles inside the fourth-floor apartment.
Hoffman was found dead at around 11:30 am on Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014 in his NYC apartment by his friends screenwriter David Katz and personal assistant Isabella Wing-Davey.
Hoffman's body was submitted for an autopsy report on Monday, Feb. 3, 2014 to find out the actual cause of his death. Plus, the police are also analysing the heroin they found in his NYC apartment to help identify the source of the heroin stash.
According to The Australian, there have been suggestions that Hoffman's drug dealer could be prosecuted for murder. The NYC police are also examining CCTV footage and telephone records and investigating the brand that is stamped on the glassine envelopes that were found in the NYC apartment.
The Daily Beast also reports that the NYC police have Hoffman's personal diaries in their possession and are currently reviewing it to find some answers and to shed more light into their investigation about his death. They also confirmed that Hoffman withdrew a total of $1,200 (6 separate withdrawals) from an ATM machine on Saturday, Feb. 1, 2014. The ATM machine he withdrew money from was near his Greenwich Village home. Plus, they said that the heroin found in the Hollywood actor's apartment was not laced with fentanyl (pain reliever),
Hoffman's mother former New York State Family Court Judge Marilyn O'Connor of Rochester, visited her son's home on Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014, along with other mourners.
As police continue with the investigation of Philip Seymour Hoffman's death, expect more sordid details to be revealed in this continuing saga of another Hollywood actor who succumbed to drugs despite his success in his chosen field.
Philip Seymour Hoffman Death: Heroin Found in Home Including 50 'Ace of Spades' Envelopes and Several Empty 'Ace of Hearts' Bags [PHOTOS] (Click HERE)
Philip Seymour Hoffman Attended Detox For Drug Abuse, 'Hunger Games' Star Was Snorting Heroin: Report (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display