Samsung's Biggest Tablet Galaxy Note Pro Cost $849: Specs And Features
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 5, 2014 2:23 PM EST
Galaxy Note Pro, Samsung's biggest tablet, is set to hit the shelves very soon. But the Korean tech giant has not announced the pricing and availability of this tablet yet.
Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (L) and Apple's iPhone 5 are seen in this file picture illustration taken in Seoul on May 13, 2013. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is bracing for its weakest smartphone profit growth in 2014 since 2007 as arch rival Apple Inc challenges its domination in China's $80 billion market. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/Files
Samsung is likely to introduce the productivity powerhouse Galaxy Note Pro WiFi tablet this Valentine's Day. Office Depot had a product page indicating the Galaxy Note Pro 64GB will be available for $849, which was spotted by Engadget.
The price of the Galaxy Note Pro is pretty hefty compared to other Android tablets. But this new tablet from Samsung aims to take productivity to tablets a notch higher. This slate is 12.2-inches and it can run up to four applications on screen simultaneously. This tablet can be a laptop replacement for a wider market.
According to a preorder page on Office Depot, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 64GB is set to be $849. This is a bit cheaper than the UK version, which is only in 32 GB but costs over $1,000.
Currently, Galaxy Note Pro 64GB is expected to ship on Feb. 13. Samsung has not made any official reports regarding the release date of the tablet. It is not known when the 32 GB variant will be available or if there will be the LTE version coming soon.
Galaxy Note Pro sports 12.2-inches WQXGA for a Snapdragon 800 for the LTE variant or Samsung Exynos 5, 8MP sensor rear camera, 2MP front camera, 3GB of RAM, S Pen support, new Magazine UX and 64GB of storage. The new Magazine UX allows users to have up to four Windows at the same time featuring customizable tiles for chosen apps rearranged and resized to your preference.
It is still early to tell whether Samsung achieved the productivity powerhouse with Galaxy Note Pro. Samsung has yet to face tough competition with the capable touchscreen laptops and Chromebooks. But S Pen support is definitely an advantage for Samsung.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports