UFO Sightings: Two Witnesses Filed Report to MUFON About Hovering Black Discs in West Greenwich, Rhode Island
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 5, 2014 2:23 PM EST
An unnamed couple from West Greenwich, Rhode Island filed a report to the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) about their UFO sighting experience in the area. The MUFON Case Management System listed the UFO sighting as Case No. 53853 where the two witnesses recounted seeing and capturing images for evidence of the two black discs that they spotted above the sky.
According to the Huff Post Weird News, the UFO sighting took place on Friday, January 31, at about 5:33 p.m. where the couple noticed the objects while traveling down the highway. The couple was able to capture a few pictures of the black discs but when they tried to get a closer look at the mysterious objects, they disappeared.
The couple's UFO sighting experience in the Open Minds UFO News and Investigations report reads: "So me and my Boyfriend were driving down the Highway when I saw two hovering black disks out the passenger window. I told my boyfriend to look and he grabbed a series of pictures showing the objects standing still in the sky (hovering). They were circular and had no lights. We took the next exit and headed towards where we saw them. We had lost them in the trees after taking the exit and by the time we reached the area they were previously above, they were gone. We also saw a helicopter heading in the same direction as we drove closer. This occurred at roughly 5:30pm in Rhode Island."
Included in the report are the five images that the couple took. To view the witnesses' report and see the full sized images, check the MUFON Case Management System.
The first image was captured with the vehicle's windows rolled up that accounts for the massive glare. The second to fifth images shared were captured with the windows down and the last image has been zoomed in.
Currently, Rhode Island has the rating of UFO ALERT 5 where a low number of national UFO sightings. For January 2014, Oklahoma, which is the 47th highest reporting state, only had one report while the highest reporting state California had 102 reports.
More Articles to Read:
Asteroid Ceres: Astronomers Spotted Steam Coming From Largest Asteroid and Dwarf Planet in the Solar System - [READ]
Rosetta: European Comet-Chasing Probe Now Operational After 31 Months Hibernation - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop