Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Date On Feb. 24: 3 Reasons Why Samsung Made the Right Decision
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 5, 2014 2:16 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 release date is expected on Feb. 24, according to the company's invitation.
The South Korean tech company already sent out invitations for its launching event in Barcelona, Spain. This is the same date that the Mobile World Congress kicks off. Samsung's separate event is entitled Unpacked 5 that sparked rumors it will finally unveil the heavily reported Samsung Galaxy S5.
If the handset will be launched on Feb. 24, the device will be most probably be available for purchase sometime in March or April.
Samsung's Executive Vice President Lee Young-Hee gave a good teaser the previous month.
"When we went from S3 to S4, it's kinda true that consumers did not notice much difference between the devices physically, then the market reaction was not very big. For S5, back to basics. In most cases, it is about the display and touch sensation on the cover," Lee Young-Hee said.
In an email sent by KDB Daewoo Securities Research firm to its customers, it revealed Samsung Galaxy S5 will sport a 5.2-inch to 5.25-inch and AMOLED screen display with 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution and 560 ppi. The handset will also pack a quad-core 2.5GHz Snapdragon 805 or an octa-core 2.0GHz Exynos 6 with 64-bit architecture.
Other rumored features of Samsung Galaxy S5 are 3 GB RAM, 3200 mAh battery, up to 64 GB internal storage, WiFi, 3G and LTE for connectivity and 3.2 megapixel on the front and 16 megapixel rear camera.
Releasing Samsung Galaxy S5 on Feb. 25 is probably the best decision made by Samsung. The launch of the new Samsung flagship smartphone will give Samsung the advantage in terms of sales and popularity. Samsung Galaxy S5 has the whole year to work on sales.
Also, Samsung Galaxy S5 launch on the first day of MWC 2014 event will overshadow other smartphones that will be launched in the event. Samsung's smartphone may steal the limelight over other handsets since it is highly popular and anticipated.
Samsung Galaxy S5 will also be the first smartphone to pack the latest Android Kitkat OS. Frustrated Samsung users have been waiting for the OS update for other Samsung smartphones. Specs and features that will not make it in the Samsung Galaxy S5 will still be included in Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that will be released later this year. Thus, Samsung can still rake in the profits.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones