Justin Bieber on Homeland Security’s Watch List, U.S. Customs Will Indefinitely Search and Question the Pop Star
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 5, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Happy flying days are over for Justin Bieber after U.S. Customs vow to search him indefinitely every time he tries to come back to the United States. Now, he won't be able to just go in and out of the country as if he owns it. TMZ reported that the pop star will continue to have a hard time at the States' airports.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California December 18, 2013. The documentary opens in the U.S. on December 25.
Last Friday when Justin flew into a New Jersey airport from Canada, he was searched and grilled for 5 hours by the U.S. Customs. Law enforcement officials inform TMZ that Justin Bieber has 2 pending criminal cases. The Customs guys also searched his plane as they reportedly smelled marijuana, but the search revealed nothing. According to the Patriot Act, Customs have the power to flag people coming in the States from other countries, if they have an ongoing criminal case or conviction.
A source told the website that once someone is on the flagged passenger list, it is a difficult process to get in the country. Also, Justin Bieber will have to undergo searches and hours of questioning every time he leaves or re-enters.
If someone is on the Homeland Security's watch list, it is quite difficult to get off because the agency has broad discretion. However, if Bieber is found guilty on of the cases or pleads no contest then it is going to be very difficult for him.
Justin Bieber being Bieber, sources say that he just doesn't care about all this now.
Justin Bieber DUI Trial Date - March 3, 2014
Justin Bieber can mark March 3 as "The Date." According to Billboard, Justin's trial date is set March 3 on charges of driving under the influence, without a license and resisting arrest. Bieber will be officially arraigned on Feb. 14.
The "Baby" star and Khalil Amir Sharieff were arrested on Jan. 23 on Miami Beach after police stopped them for speeding. Later, Justin resisted the arrest and police officials found Xanax and Marijuana in his system.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- The Bachelor Australia: Tim, Anna Relationship Update
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools