Justin Bieber on Homeland Security’s Watch List, U.S. Customs Will Indefinitely Search and Question the Pop Star
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 5, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Happy flying days are over for Justin Bieber after U.S. Customs vow to search him indefinitely every time he tries to come back to the United States. Now, he won't be able to just go in and out of the country as if he owns it. TMZ reported that the pop star will continue to have a hard time at the States' airports.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California December 18, 2013. The documentary opens in the U.S. on December 25.
Last Friday when Justin flew into a New Jersey airport from Canada, he was searched and grilled for 5 hours by the U.S. Customs. Law enforcement officials inform TMZ that Justin Bieber has 2 pending criminal cases. The Customs guys also searched his plane as they reportedly smelled marijuana, but the search revealed nothing. According to the Patriot Act, Customs have the power to flag people coming in the States from other countries, if they have an ongoing criminal case or conviction.
A source told the website that once someone is on the flagged passenger list, it is a difficult process to get in the country. Also, Justin Bieber will have to undergo searches and hours of questioning every time he leaves or re-enters.
If someone is on the Homeland Security's watch list, it is quite difficult to get off because the agency has broad discretion. However, if Bieber is found guilty on of the cases or pleads no contest then it is going to be very difficult for him.
Justin Bieber being Bieber, sources say that he just doesn't care about all this now.
Justin Bieber DUI Trial Date - March 3, 2014
Justin Bieber can mark March 3 as "The Date." According to Billboard, Justin's trial date is set March 3 on charges of driving under the influence, without a license and resisting arrest. Bieber will be officially arraigned on Feb. 14.
The "Baby" star and Khalil Amir Sharieff were arrested on Jan. 23 on Miami Beach after police stopped them for speeding. Later, Justin resisted the arrest and police officials found Xanax and Marijuana in his system.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People