Justin Bieber on Homeland Security’s Watch List, U.S. Customs Will Indefinitely Search and Question the Pop Star
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 5, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Happy flying days are over for Justin Bieber after U.S. Customs vow to search him indefinitely every time he tries to come back to the United States. Now, he won't be able to just go in and out of the country as if he owns it. TMZ reported that the pop star will continue to have a hard time at the States' airports.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California December 18, 2013. The documentary opens in the U.S. on December 25.
Last Friday when Justin flew into a New Jersey airport from Canada, he was searched and grilled for 5 hours by the U.S. Customs. Law enforcement officials inform TMZ that Justin Bieber has 2 pending criminal cases. The Customs guys also searched his plane as they reportedly smelled marijuana, but the search revealed nothing. According to the Patriot Act, Customs have the power to flag people coming in the States from other countries, if they have an ongoing criminal case or conviction.
A source told the website that once someone is on the flagged passenger list, it is a difficult process to get in the country. Also, Justin Bieber will have to undergo searches and hours of questioning every time he leaves or re-enters.
If someone is on the Homeland Security's watch list, it is quite difficult to get off because the agency has broad discretion. However, if Bieber is found guilty on of the cases or pleads no contest then it is going to be very difficult for him.
Justin Bieber being Bieber, sources say that he just doesn't care about all this now.
Justin Bieber DUI Trial Date - March 3, 2014
Justin Bieber can mark March 3 as "The Date." According to Billboard, Justin's trial date is set March 3 on charges of driving under the influence, without a license and resisting arrest. Bieber will be officially arraigned on Feb. 14.
The "Baby" star and Khalil Amir Sharieff were arrested on Jan. 23 on Miami Beach after police stopped them for speeding. Later, Justin resisted the arrest and police officials found Xanax and Marijuana in his system.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories