Justin Bieber on Homeland Security’s Watch List, U.S. Customs Will Indefinitely Search and Question the Pop Star
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 5, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Happy flying days are over for Justin Bieber after U.S. Customs vow to search him indefinitely every time he tries to come back to the United States. Now, he won't be able to just go in and out of the country as if he owns it. TMZ reported that the pop star will continue to have a hard time at the States' airports.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California December 18, 2013. The documentary opens in the U.S. on December 25.
Last Friday when Justin flew into a New Jersey airport from Canada, he was searched and grilled for 5 hours by the U.S. Customs. Law enforcement officials inform TMZ that Justin Bieber has 2 pending criminal cases. The Customs guys also searched his plane as they reportedly smelled marijuana, but the search revealed nothing. According to the Patriot Act, Customs have the power to flag people coming in the States from other countries, if they have an ongoing criminal case or conviction.
A source told the website that once someone is on the flagged passenger list, it is a difficult process to get in the country. Also, Justin Bieber will have to undergo searches and hours of questioning every time he leaves or re-enters.
If someone is on the Homeland Security's watch list, it is quite difficult to get off because the agency has broad discretion. However, if Bieber is found guilty on of the cases or pleads no contest then it is going to be very difficult for him.
Justin Bieber being Bieber, sources say that he just doesn't care about all this now.
Justin Bieber DUI Trial Date - March 3, 2014
Justin Bieber can mark March 3 as "The Date." According to Billboard, Justin's trial date is set March 3 on charges of driving under the influence, without a license and resisting arrest. Bieber will be officially arraigned on Feb. 14.
The "Baby" star and Khalil Amir Sharieff were arrested on Jan. 23 on Miami Beach after police stopped them for speeding. Later, Justin resisted the arrest and police officials found Xanax and Marijuana in his system.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier