False Alarm: Miami Police Respond to Possible Domestic Violence Report Only to Find Overjoyed Pig in Heat
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 5, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Maine police were expecting scenes of domestic violence when they responded to a call from a neighbour in the town of China last week. The neighbour reported hearing screaming, prompting her to seek police assistance. Their houses were separated by woods.
Five piglets, named Millie, Christa, Alexis, Carrel and Dotcom were cloned earlier this month at a Virginia Tech University research facility by the PPL Therapeutics, the British biopharmaceutical company that helped to clone [Dolly the sheep]. The first ever litter of pigs follows similar cloning [of cattle, mice and sheep.]
However, instead of seeing a battered wife or child, what the four state troopers who checked the report saw was an overjoyed male pig in heat.
The homeowner explained that she raises pigs. The squeals were from the male pig which was placed in a pen with five sows waiting to be mated.
For readers who are not familiar with the sound, here it is.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899