False Alarm: Miami Police Respond to Possible Domestic Violence Report Only to Find Overjoyed Pig in Heat
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 5, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Maine police were expecting scenes of domestic violence when they responded to a call from a neighbour in the town of China last week. The neighbour reported hearing screaming, prompting her to seek police assistance. Their houses were separated by woods.
Five piglets, named Millie, Christa, Alexis, Carrel and Dotcom were cloned earlier this month at a Virginia Tech University research facility by the PPL Therapeutics, the British biopharmaceutical company that helped to clone [Dolly the sheep]. The first ever litter of pigs follows similar cloning [of cattle, mice and sheep.]
However, instead of seeing a battered wife or child, what the four state troopers who checked the report saw was an overjoyed male pig in heat.
The homeowner explained that she raises pigs. The squeals were from the male pig which was placed in a pen with five sows waiting to be mated.
For readers who are not familiar with the sound, here it is.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air