False Alarm: Miami Police Respond to Possible Domestic Violence Report Only to Find Overjoyed Pig in Heat
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 5, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Maine police were expecting scenes of domestic violence when they responded to a call from a neighbour in the town of China last week. The neighbour reported hearing screaming, prompting her to seek police assistance. Their houses were separated by woods.
Five piglets, named Millie, Christa, Alexis, Carrel and Dotcom were cloned earlier this month at a Virginia Tech University research facility by the PPL Therapeutics, the British biopharmaceutical company that helped to clone [Dolly the sheep]. The first ever litter of pigs follows similar cloning [of cattle, mice and sheep.]
However, instead of seeing a battered wife or child, what the four state troopers who checked the report saw was an overjoyed male pig in heat.
The homeowner explained that she raises pigs. The squeals were from the male pig which was placed in a pen with five sows waiting to be mated.
For readers who are not familiar with the sound, here it is.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money