False Alarm: Miami Police Respond to Possible Domestic Violence Report Only to Find Overjoyed Pig in Heat
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 5, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Maine police were expecting scenes of domestic violence when they responded to a call from a neighbour in the town of China last week. The neighbour reported hearing screaming, prompting her to seek police assistance. Their houses were separated by woods.
Five piglets, named Millie, Christa, Alexis, Carrel and Dotcom were cloned earlier this month at a Virginia Tech University research facility by the PPL Therapeutics, the British biopharmaceutical company that helped to clone [Dolly the sheep]. The first ever litter of pigs follows similar cloning [of cattle, mice and sheep.]
However, instead of seeing a battered wife or child, what the four state troopers who checked the report saw was an overjoyed male pig in heat.
The homeowner explained that she raises pigs. The squeals were from the male pig which was placed in a pen with five sows waiting to be mated.
For readers who are not familiar with the sound, here it is.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage