Latest HTC One 2 (M8) Concept Image Looks Like Predecessor
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 5, 2014 12:52 PM EST
The new HTC One 2 concept image looks a lot like its predecessor.
The latest render of the HTC One 2, also known as HTC M8, is created by designer Nikola Sokol. He designed other concept images of other devices, too. His latest work is "more of a sketch" rather than a concept image, according to concept-phones.com. Mr Sokol posted photos of his "sketch" in his Google+ account.
Based on the photos, the HTC One 2 resembles the original HTC One. However, the concept image did not have specs. But based on previous rumours, the device is expected to show off a 5-inch screen display with either a Full HD or 2K pixel resolution. Due to the larger screen display, the wider width of the device can accommodate the speaker grill on top and bottom. The handset is also expected to pack the latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS with HTC Sense 6.0 UI, an 8 ultrapixel rear camera, slimmer screen bezels and the controversial fingerprint sensor located below the camera.
Other features speculated to be in the HTC One 2 include a 2.3 quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor paired with 2 GB of RAM, 16 and 32 GB of internal storage with microSD slot for expandable storage and 2,900 mAh battery.
As to the HTC One 2 release date, conflicting reports have surfaced. Previous reports said that HTC will introduce the device at the Mobile World Congress event set later this month. However, other reports claim that the HTC One 2 will be released in March, skipping the MWC 2014.
After the success of the original HTC One, rumour has it that HTC will finally hold its own event to introduce the successor of the HTC One. According to a tweet from @evleaks, HTC will have a separate launch event that is likely to take place in New York.
Another report on the release window of the device seems to back up these rumours. During the patent trial of Nokia and HTC, a Nokia lawyer claimed that HTC will launch "HTC One Two" in Q1 of 2014. HTC's lawyer neither denied nor confirmed the statement of the other party.
Take these rumours with a grain of salt though, as HTC has not confirmed the official launch date of the much awaited HTC smartphone yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan