Latest HTC One 2 (M8) Concept Image Looks Like Predecessor
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 5, 2014 12:52 PM EST
The new HTC One 2 concept image looks a lot like its predecessor.
The latest render of the HTC One 2, also known as HTC M8, is created by designer Nikola Sokol. He designed other concept images of other devices, too. His latest work is "more of a sketch" rather than a concept image, according to concept-phones.com. Mr Sokol posted photos of his "sketch" in his Google+ account.
Based on the photos, the HTC One 2 resembles the original HTC One. However, the concept image did not have specs. But based on previous rumours, the device is expected to show off a 5-inch screen display with either a Full HD or 2K pixel resolution. Due to the larger screen display, the wider width of the device can accommodate the speaker grill on top and bottom. The handset is also expected to pack the latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS with HTC Sense 6.0 UI, an 8 ultrapixel rear camera, slimmer screen bezels and the controversial fingerprint sensor located below the camera.
Other features speculated to be in the HTC One 2 include a 2.3 quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor paired with 2 GB of RAM, 16 and 32 GB of internal storage with microSD slot for expandable storage and 2,900 mAh battery.
As to the HTC One 2 release date, conflicting reports have surfaced. Previous reports said that HTC will introduce the device at the Mobile World Congress event set later this month. However, other reports claim that the HTC One 2 will be released in March, skipping the MWC 2014.
After the success of the original HTC One, rumour has it that HTC will finally hold its own event to introduce the successor of the HTC One. According to a tweet from @evleaks, HTC will have a separate launch event that is likely to take place in New York.
Another report on the release window of the device seems to back up these rumours. During the patent trial of Nokia and HTC, a Nokia lawyer claimed that HTC will launch "HTC One Two" in Q1 of 2014. HTC's lawyer neither denied nor confirmed the statement of the other party.
Take these rumours with a grain of salt though, as HTC has not confirmed the official launch date of the much awaited HTC smartphone yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast