Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao is Definitely a DONE DEAL, All the Media Hype and Trash Talk Part of the Promotion
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 5, 2014 10:47 AM EST
The mega-fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao could finally happen on Sept 13 in Las Vegas.
There is no doubt that most of you will have read boxing news articles stating Mayweather's lack of desire to fight Pacquiao. After all the years of talking about the mega-fight, people aren't probably excited as they were before. So, is the fight that boxing fans all over the world have been screaming for since 2009 finally going to take place?
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto [Reuters/SIPHIWE SIBEKO]
According to the Daily Mail, the most reliable source has hinted that the undefeated American boxer will finally square off with the eight-division Filipino world champion. The rumour started circulating as soon as Pacquiao left his country and headed to Los Angeles. Pacquiao will be in the U.S. for the media tour of his rematch with Timothy Bradley which will happen on April 12.
The source revealed that the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight will be held at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas on Sept 13, 2014. The Daily Mail reported that the said source, who is a close ally of Mayweather's Money Team, is the very same YouTube source who revealed that Mayweather will face Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez long before the official announcements were made.
In December 2013, 78SportsTV said on its YouTube channel that Mayweather and Pacquiao would face each other in the most anticipated fight in the world of boxing.
"Great news for the world of boxing," said the YouTube source. The guy talking in the video didn't reveal his name. Based on his Twitter profile, he said that he is a fight analyst and a businessman. He said that he received a text message from a very trustworthy source close to Mayweather's camp saying that Mayweather-Pacquiao is already a done deal. Done deal? Mayweather and Pacquiao fight was already a done deal as far back as 2009.
"A good source, who's always giving me good information even when I didn't believe him, the information turned out to be true," he said. "Once upon a time, he told me that Floyd was fighting Robert Guerrero next, I didn't believe him," he continued. "He said Floyd was fighting Canelo next, it's already done, I didn't believe him," he added. "Now, he's telling me that Floyd and Manny Pacquiao will be fighting in 2014, guaranteed, it's already done," said 78SportsTV. He went on and said that everything that people will hear and see on the news are part of the promotion.
"Everything else that you see will be theatrics from here on now, but the fight's already done," he said.
Then Pacquiao even dared Mayweather for a charity fight.
We all know that Mayweather love all the publicity, good or bad, just like what he said in his recent Instagram post. Mayweather refuted the rumours of him betting $10 million for the Denver Broncos to win the Super Bowl 2014. "I can't control what rumours that are put out there," he wrote. "Good or bad publicity keeps me relevant," he said.
Mayweather has denied the claims of a Pacquiao fight many times. However, if the rumour is indeed true and that all the boxing news surrounding Mayweather and Pacquiao are just all staged, the boxing fans should start rejoicing because the biggest fight in modern boxing is finally going to happen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy