What to Watch on NCAA Basketball on Tuesday: Kansas vs. Baylor, Duke vs. Wake Forest
By James Patrick Quizon | February 5, 2014 10:44 AM EST
Betting Lines: Kansas (-3.5) vs. Baylor
Game time: 10:00 am AEDT
The Kansas Jayhawks had their season-high seven game winning streak snapped by Texas on Saturday after taking an 81-69 beating on the road. They'll be facing a Baylor Bears squad which snapped their season-high five-game losing streak with a win at Oklahoma State, 76-70.
Kansas already beat Baylor earlier this season, 78-68. Perry Ellis topscored for the winners with 18 points and added 2 steals and 2 blocked shots and also had major contributions from Joel Embiid (12 points) and Andrew Wiggins (17 points and 7 rebounds).
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
- The Jayhawks are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Jayhawks are 15-5-1 ATS in their last 21 games vs. Big 12 teams
- The Jayhawks are 16-7-1 ATS in their last 24 games after a loss
- The Bears are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- The Bears are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. Big 12 teams
- The Bears are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games
Betting Lines: Wake Forest (+18) vs. Duke
Game time: 12:00 noon AEDT
The No. 11 Duke Blue Devils are aiming for their 15th straight home win over the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, which has lost back-to-back games and three of their last five. Duke scores 81.9 points per game-- 19th in the nation behind a consistent shooting from the field at 47.0 per cent.
The Blue Devils gave hell to now No. 1 ranked Syracuse in an OT thriller, losing 91-89 on Saturday behind NBA top prospect Jabari Parker, who finished with 15 points and 9 rebounds before fouling out with under two minutes to go in regulation. Meanwhile, Wake Forest also lost to Syracuse, 67-57 on Wednesday and to Georgia Tech, 79-70 on Saturday.
Betting Agains the Spread (ATS)
Wake Forest Trends
- The Demon Deacons are 4-9 ATS in their last 13 games on the road
- The Demon Deacons are 21-10-1 ATS in their last 32 games after an ATS loss
- The Demon Deacons are 2-11 ATS in their last 13 games at Duke
- The Blue Devils are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Blue Devils are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. ACC teams
- The Blue Devils are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James