One Direction's Harry Styles and Kendall Jenner NOT Engaged: 'Directioner' Started Fake Rumour?
By Diadem Pambid | February 5, 2014 10:31 AM EST
The hash tag #CongratsHendall was a worldwide trending topic on Twitter a few days past. Fans were in a flurry of excitement and dread over the news of the One Direction singer, Harry Styles, being "engaged" to Kendall Jenner. Yet, fans should calm down because the "Hendall" couple is not engaged and the rumour of their engagement was a fake tweet initiated by a "Directioner."
Singer Harry Styles from the band One Direction attends the world premiere of the film "The Class of 92" in London December 1, 2013.
Harry Styles and Kendall Jenner have been dating for almost a month now. Since their date at the Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort to their PDA-filled Eagles concert, the "Hendall" couple has appeared closer than ever. Yet, both stars continue to deny the truth of their relationship status.
In an interview with Chelsea Handler of "Chelsea Lately," the "Keeping up with the Kardashian" star claims she's very much single. As for Harry Styles, the One Direction singer has been quite mum about the details of his love life. However, his cousin Ben was quite open up the details and he was in fact one of the persons claiming the "Hendall" couple wouldn't last.
"Harry's had so many girlfriends. I wouldn't say he's definitely with Kendall. I'm not whether she's a friend or a love interest, it's hard to say with Harry!" explains the curly-haired singer's' cousin in a report by Ocean Up.
So what about the engagement rumours going rounds on Twitter? Well, the hash tag #CongratsHendall was a fake rumour started out by one "Directioner." It was proven fake given the photo used in the tweet was a photo shopped image of Harry with Kendall. The original photo was of the former with a 1D fan.
This isn't the first time "Directioners" have been subject to fake rumours and photographs. Late last week, fans had thought Harry and Kendall had finally shared PDA-filled photos. Yet, these were proven to be Stella Hudgens and her beau, Alec Holden.
Fans of the British boy band singer can rest easy knowing full well that Harry Styles isn't engaged. Though with Kendall Jenner still attached to his hip, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson are still "threatened" by her and what she could do to the future of One Direction.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal