Taylor Swift: 'Writing songs about my exes is riskier than getting naked'
By Jesselle Maminta | February 5, 2014 10:02 AM EST
You won't see Taylor Swift taking her clothes off. Like, ever.
The "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer graces the cover of Glamour magazine's March issue, and she talks to the magazine staff mostly about her songs that reveals a part of her, and how it's pretty much like stripping herself off in public.
And that, for her, is the reason why she thinks there's no need for her to go naked.
"I find it relatively easy to keep my clothes on because I don't really feel like taking them off," says Taylor. "For me "risky" is revealing what really happened in my life through music. Risky is writing confessional songs and telling the true story about a person with enough details so everyone knows who that person is. That's putting myself out there, maybe even more than taking my shirt off."
True enough, the song she has written has exposed a lot about her ex-boyfriends even without explicitly mentioning their names, with the likes of "Back to December," "I Knew You Were Trouble" and "Better Than Revenge." But more than getting naked, these songs teach a few lessons about love, particularly on those kinds of men you should never, ever date.
And Taylor has had enough boyfriends to dish out a few nuggets of love advice. Like when the other party treats it like a game.
"If it's a game, you need to win. The best thing to do is just walk away from the table."
Speaking of songwriting earlier, Taylor says being one also means exposing oneself to every emotion possible. That is why she is careful about reading every article written about her, especially when it's criticizing her.
"I know when not to read an article. Is it going to help my day? Is it important for my life? If the answer is no, then I just don't click... I'm careful about getting sucked into the rabbit hole that is the Internet because, as a songwriter, I don't have the option of having thick skin," says Taylor further.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS