Taylor Swift: 'Writing songs about my exes is riskier than getting naked'
By Jesselle Maminta | February 5, 2014 10:02 AM EST
You won't see Taylor Swift taking her clothes off. Like, ever.
The "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer graces the cover of Glamour magazine's March issue, and she talks to the magazine staff mostly about her songs that reveals a part of her, and how it's pretty much like stripping herself off in public.
And that, for her, is the reason why she thinks there's no need for her to go naked.
"I find it relatively easy to keep my clothes on because I don't really feel like taking them off," says Taylor. "For me "risky" is revealing what really happened in my life through music. Risky is writing confessional songs and telling the true story about a person with enough details so everyone knows who that person is. That's putting myself out there, maybe even more than taking my shirt off."
True enough, the song she has written has exposed a lot about her ex-boyfriends even without explicitly mentioning their names, with the likes of "Back to December," "I Knew You Were Trouble" and "Better Than Revenge." But more than getting naked, these songs teach a few lessons about love, particularly on those kinds of men you should never, ever date.
And Taylor has had enough boyfriends to dish out a few nuggets of love advice. Like when the other party treats it like a game.
"If it's a game, you need to win. The best thing to do is just walk away from the table."
Speaking of songwriting earlier, Taylor says being one also means exposing oneself to every emotion possible. That is why she is careful about reading every article written about her, especially when it's criticizing her.
"I know when not to read an article. Is it going to help my day? Is it important for my life? If the answer is no, then I just don't click... I'm careful about getting sucked into the rabbit hole that is the Internet because, as a songwriter, I don't have the option of having thick skin," says Taylor further.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery