Taylor Swift: 'Writing songs about my exes is riskier than getting naked'
By Jesselle Maminta | February 5, 2014 10:02 AM EST
You won't see Taylor Swift taking her clothes off. Like, ever.
The "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer graces the cover of Glamour magazine's March issue, and she talks to the magazine staff mostly about her songs that reveals a part of her, and how it's pretty much like stripping herself off in public.
And that, for her, is the reason why she thinks there's no need for her to go naked.
"I find it relatively easy to keep my clothes on because I don't really feel like taking them off," says Taylor. "For me "risky" is revealing what really happened in my life through music. Risky is writing confessional songs and telling the true story about a person with enough details so everyone knows who that person is. That's putting myself out there, maybe even more than taking my shirt off."
True enough, the song she has written has exposed a lot about her ex-boyfriends even without explicitly mentioning their names, with the likes of "Back to December," "I Knew You Were Trouble" and "Better Than Revenge." But more than getting naked, these songs teach a few lessons about love, particularly on those kinds of men you should never, ever date.
And Taylor has had enough boyfriends to dish out a few nuggets of love advice. Like when the other party treats it like a game.
"If it's a game, you need to win. The best thing to do is just walk away from the table."
Speaking of songwriting earlier, Taylor says being one also means exposing oneself to every emotion possible. That is why she is careful about reading every article written about her, especially when it's criticizing her.
"I know when not to read an article. Is it going to help my day? Is it important for my life? If the answer is no, then I just don't click... I'm careful about getting sucked into the rabbit hole that is the Internet because, as a songwriter, I don't have the option of having thick skin," says Taylor further.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues