Taylor Swift: 'Writing songs about my exes is riskier than getting naked'
By Jesselle Maminta | February 5, 2014 10:02 AM EST
You won't see Taylor Swift taking her clothes off. Like, ever.
The "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer graces the cover of Glamour magazine's March issue, and she talks to the magazine staff mostly about her songs that reveals a part of her, and how it's pretty much like stripping herself off in public.
And that, for her, is the reason why she thinks there's no need for her to go naked.
"I find it relatively easy to keep my clothes on because I don't really feel like taking them off," says Taylor. "For me "risky" is revealing what really happened in my life through music. Risky is writing confessional songs and telling the true story about a person with enough details so everyone knows who that person is. That's putting myself out there, maybe even more than taking my shirt off."
True enough, the song she has written has exposed a lot about her ex-boyfriends even without explicitly mentioning their names, with the likes of "Back to December," "I Knew You Were Trouble" and "Better Than Revenge." But more than getting naked, these songs teach a few lessons about love, particularly on those kinds of men you should never, ever date.
And Taylor has had enough boyfriends to dish out a few nuggets of love advice. Like when the other party treats it like a game.
"If it's a game, you need to win. The best thing to do is just walk away from the table."
Speaking of songwriting earlier, Taylor says being one also means exposing oneself to every emotion possible. That is why she is careful about reading every article written about her, especially when it's criticizing her.
"I know when not to read an article. Is it going to help my day? Is it important for my life? If the answer is no, then I just don't click... I'm careful about getting sucked into the rabbit hole that is the Internet because, as a songwriter, I don't have the option of having thick skin," says Taylor further.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal