Taylor Swift: 'Writing songs about my exes is riskier than getting naked'
By Jesselle Maminta | February 5, 2014 10:02 AM EST
You won't see Taylor Swift taking her clothes off. Like, ever.
The "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer graces the cover of Glamour magazine's March issue, and she talks to the magazine staff mostly about her songs that reveals a part of her, and how it's pretty much like stripping herself off in public.
And that, for her, is the reason why she thinks there's no need for her to go naked.
"I find it relatively easy to keep my clothes on because I don't really feel like taking them off," says Taylor. "For me "risky" is revealing what really happened in my life through music. Risky is writing confessional songs and telling the true story about a person with enough details so everyone knows who that person is. That's putting myself out there, maybe even more than taking my shirt off."
True enough, the song she has written has exposed a lot about her ex-boyfriends even without explicitly mentioning their names, with the likes of "Back to December," "I Knew You Were Trouble" and "Better Than Revenge." But more than getting naked, these songs teach a few lessons about love, particularly on those kinds of men you should never, ever date.
And Taylor has had enough boyfriends to dish out a few nuggets of love advice. Like when the other party treats it like a game.
"If it's a game, you need to win. The best thing to do is just walk away from the table."
Speaking of songwriting earlier, Taylor says being one also means exposing oneself to every emotion possible. That is why she is careful about reading every article written about her, especially when it's criticizing her.
"I know when not to read an article. Is it going to help my day? Is it important for my life? If the answer is no, then I just don't click... I'm careful about getting sucked into the rabbit hole that is the Internet because, as a songwriter, I don't have the option of having thick skin," says Taylor further.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones