‘The Amazing Spider Man 2’ Unveils New Villain
By charmaine corne clutton | February 5, 2014 9:50 AM EST
The revamp of the Spiderman franchise by Sony seems more exciting than ever-the reboot is said to feature more villains for the web-spewing hero. According to reports, the movie is said to feature arch nemeses such as Rhino (to be played by Paul Giamatti), Electro (Jamie Foxx), Harry (played by Dane DeHaan), Norman Osborn (played by Chris Cooper). One of the cast shall don the Green Goblin outfit, as reports said.
People viewing floats, pass by a balloon in the shape of Spider Man ahead of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade in New York
In an interview, Marc Webb spilled the details of a possible addition to the bad guys-with B.J. Novak to portray the villainous role. The director confirmed over his Twitter account that Novak shall be playing the role of Alistair Smythe (also known as the Ultimate Spider Slayer) in the second installment of the newly franchised film.
The director tweeted "Almost shot ASM2 in B+W til bjnovak 's (A. Smythe) promo for his excellent book ONE MORE THING beat me to it" Along with a link showing the book trailer of Novak. However, it is yet to be known the exact role of Alistair Smythe when situated in the general story plot. However, a post from "The Daily Bugle" has ambiguously referred to Alistair's father, Spencer Smythe, as the head of the Oscorp R&D.
"The Amazing Spider Man 2" is said to be the second installment of a planned four-film series that will include spin-offs for "The Sinister Six" and "Venom" - just perfect for all diehard Spider Man fans. The final release dates of the movie is said to be May 2 for the US and April 18 for UK.
The movie shall feature familiar faces such as Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) and Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone).
The plot basically revolves around the personal struggle of Peter Parker - how the hero is to balance his superhero duties with that of his personal life. Only Spider Man can protect New York city from the onslaught of the villains. Parker must face the formidable Electro (Jamie Foxx) - he later realizes that all of his nemeses have one commonality, that is, OSCORP.
Watch the exciting trailer of the film here: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - OFFICIAL Trailer - In Theaters May 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- Jennifer Lopez And Iggy Azalea Show Off Their Incredible Bodies In Risqué Artwork Of 'Booty' Remix
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge