‘The Amazing Spider Man 2’ Unveils New Villain
By charmaine corne clutton | February 5, 2014 9:50 AM EST
The revamp of the Spiderman franchise by Sony seems more exciting than ever-the reboot is said to feature more villains for the web-spewing hero. According to reports, the movie is said to feature arch nemeses such as Rhino (to be played by Paul Giamatti), Electro (Jamie Foxx), Harry (played by Dane DeHaan), Norman Osborn (played by Chris Cooper). One of the cast shall don the Green Goblin outfit, as reports said.
People viewing floats, pass by a balloon in the shape of Spider Man ahead of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade in New York
In an interview, Marc Webb spilled the details of a possible addition to the bad guys-with B.J. Novak to portray the villainous role. The director confirmed over his Twitter account that Novak shall be playing the role of Alistair Smythe (also known as the Ultimate Spider Slayer) in the second installment of the newly franchised film.
The director tweeted "Almost shot ASM2 in B+W til bjnovak 's (A. Smythe) promo for his excellent book ONE MORE THING beat me to it" Along with a link showing the book trailer of Novak. However, it is yet to be known the exact role of Alistair Smythe when situated in the general story plot. However, a post from "The Daily Bugle" has ambiguously referred to Alistair's father, Spencer Smythe, as the head of the Oscorp R&D.
"The Amazing Spider Man 2" is said to be the second installment of a planned four-film series that will include spin-offs for "The Sinister Six" and "Venom" - just perfect for all diehard Spider Man fans. The final release dates of the movie is said to be May 2 for the US and April 18 for UK.
The movie shall feature familiar faces such as Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) and Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone).
The plot basically revolves around the personal struggle of Peter Parker - how the hero is to balance his superhero duties with that of his personal life. Only Spider Man can protect New York city from the onslaught of the villains. Parker must face the formidable Electro (Jamie Foxx) - he later realizes that all of his nemeses have one commonality, that is, OSCORP.
Watch the exciting trailer of the film here: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - OFFICIAL Trailer - In Theaters May 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation