‘The Amazing Spider Man 2’ Unveils New Villain
By charmaine corne clutton | February 5, 2014 9:50 AM EST
The revamp of the Spiderman franchise by Sony seems more exciting than ever-the reboot is said to feature more villains for the web-spewing hero. According to reports, the movie is said to feature arch nemeses such as Rhino (to be played by Paul Giamatti), Electro (Jamie Foxx), Harry (played by Dane DeHaan), Norman Osborn (played by Chris Cooper). One of the cast shall don the Green Goblin outfit, as reports said.
People viewing floats, pass by a balloon in the shape of Spider Man ahead of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade in New York
In an interview, Marc Webb spilled the details of a possible addition to the bad guys-with B.J. Novak to portray the villainous role. The director confirmed over his Twitter account that Novak shall be playing the role of Alistair Smythe (also known as the Ultimate Spider Slayer) in the second installment of the newly franchised film.
The director tweeted "Almost shot ASM2 in B+W til bjnovak 's (A. Smythe) promo for his excellent book ONE MORE THING beat me to it" Along with a link showing the book trailer of Novak. However, it is yet to be known the exact role of Alistair Smythe when situated in the general story plot. However, a post from "The Daily Bugle" has ambiguously referred to Alistair's father, Spencer Smythe, as the head of the Oscorp R&D.
"The Amazing Spider Man 2" is said to be the second installment of a planned four-film series that will include spin-offs for "The Sinister Six" and "Venom" - just perfect for all diehard Spider Man fans. The final release dates of the movie is said to be May 2 for the US and April 18 for UK.
The movie shall feature familiar faces such as Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) and Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone).
The plot basically revolves around the personal struggle of Peter Parker - how the hero is to balance his superhero duties with that of his personal life. Only Spider Man can protect New York city from the onslaught of the villains. Parker must face the formidable Electro (Jamie Foxx) - he later realizes that all of his nemeses have one commonality, that is, OSCORP.
Watch the exciting trailer of the film here: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - OFFICIAL Trailer - In Theaters May 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery