Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues, Gunners Race for Italian Striker’s Signature
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 5, 2014 7:53 AM EST
AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli is being linked with Arsenal for a move this coming summer, while Chelsea are considered as favourites to secure the Italian's services.
AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli is rumoured to be headed back to the Premier League, with Chelsea and Arsenal as reported frontrunners to land his signature
Italian newspaper, Tuttosport, suggests that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is keeping an eye on Balotelli's status at the Rossoneri following a falling-out with Milan's club hierarchy.
The Arsenal mentor was not successful in landing any of his desired attackers that would serve as a possible long-term solution to his squad's goalscoring problem.
The 23-year-old's agent, Mino Raiola, has reportedly indicated that switching clubs after the 2013/14 season is under consideration.
Chelsea, on the other hand, are one of the possible destinations for Balotelli, who recently revealed that he would love to reunite with his former manager at Inter Milan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar