Big Brother Australia: Drully Split; Tully Claims Break-Up With Drew But Tim Thinks It’s All For Money
By Anne Lu | February 5, 2014 7:07 AM EST
“Big Brother Australia” ex-housemates Drew and Tully have split, but Tim isn’t convinced. The season 10 winner thinks that the controversial duo are only pretending that they’re not together anymore for the money.
Anthony Drew and Tully Smyth attracted social media hullaballoo when they became an item in the house even though Tully still had a girlfriend outside. Unbeknown to her, Tahlia Farrant publicly declared that she broke up with her after watching Drully’s – Drew and Tully – smoochfest on television.
Both garnered negative attention as viewers expressed their disgust over their relationship. They kept denying that they were romantically involved in the house, but they were openly affectionate with each other.
Drully continued their relationship outside the house, taking advantage of their negative publicity by basking in the attention that they got from peeved viewers.
But many fans didn’t think they were going to last long. After all, Drew only transferred his attention to Tully when Italian-Australian beauty Jade Pietrantonio made it clear that she only saw Drew as a friend. And considering the circumstances of how Drully came to be, it’s not surprising if they part ways soon.
And they did, or at least that’s what Tully said in an interview with OK! Magazine Australia.
“We’re not together,” the 26-year-old Tully admitted to the magazine. “It was a lot of pressure living in different states, and the regular couples’ issues seemed to be magnified being out of the house.”
She said that it was a mutual decision that they both instigated, partly blaming their break-up with catching up with reality after their time in the famous house.
“Getting back into your own reality and catching up with friends who don’t really understand what’s just happened; you feel a bit lost figuring out where you’re going career-wise, and everyone thinks we’re rolling in cash but we’re actually all broke. Drew and I were both trying to deal with those issues at the same time and we were taking it out on each other.”
Despite their break-up, Tully said they’re still the “best of friends.”
But was their split just a ploy to make people care about them again? As the blog Social Observant noted, Druly have been using every second of their “15 minutes” to sell themselves to people, even selling $350 photos of them “slobbering all over each other.”
It’s a common celebrity tactic, to accept freebies in exchange for publicity, but if all Drew and Tully do is pose, be pretty, and sell story for the camera, then their relationship wouldn’t have much to go on.
That’s why the news of their break-up didn’t really surprise anyone.
But have they really split for good?
Tim Dormer, the winner of the 2013 season of the house, thinks that they are just faking their break-up to get people talking about them again. When someone asked him about Drew’s current relationship status with Tully, Tim was surprised.
@amazinglockin I SERIOUSLY ONLY FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS TONIGHT. Fuming. 100% agree with your theory.
— tim dormer (@timdormer) February 2, 2014
If Tim, Drew’s best friend in the house, was surprised the two have split, there’s a good chance that the break-up was a sham. That’s not a far-fetched thought as well. After all, Tully needs to talk about something in the interview, and people are only interested in her and Drew’s relationship or lack of it.
Speaking of Tim, the 29-year-old radio DJ was slammed for posting the number of a Facebook “troll” who called his fans rejects. He told his followers to “get him,” which most probably meant to bully his critic. He defended his action by saying that his critic’s number was already posted on his Facebook profile and that he was just standing up for himself.
Let’s just get this straight: Tim, who has over 52,000 followers, ordered his fans to go after his critic, who probably only have a few hundred of friends on Facebook. The critic’s number may be publicly displayed on his profile, but Tim’s thousands of fans wouldn’t have used that to attack him if Tim didn’t order them to.
Sounds fair? Well, Nathan Little, the intruder-turned-housemate, thought not, and he wasn’t afraid to tell Tim what he thought.
Great to see @timdormer being a champion against bullies online. Shame he did the complete opposite in the Big Brother house. Gimme a break. — Nathan Little BBAU (@nathanjlittle) February 2, 2014
@timdormer you fostered a culture of exclusion, belittled womens bodies, jeered & eyerolled when ppl talkd & now post mobile nos. pot kettle
— Nathan Little BBAU (@nathanjlittle) February 3, 2014
Though their time in the house has ended, their bickering didn’t. And as some people say, it’s like watching another episode of the show all over again. And it’s quite entertaining.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica