Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Defender Could Head Home this February to Boost World Cup Chances
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 5, 2014 4:54 AM EST
Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates could be heading back to his hometown club, Nacional Montevideo, in Uruguay this February to boost his chances of securing a spot in the seniors' squad for the upcoming World Cup.
"The World Cup is another goal to help me with my recovery." - Sebastian Coates
The centre-back, who is marred with injuries this season, has until Tuesday - the day the transfer window closes in his country of origin - to make a decision.
The 23-year-old has yet to feature on a single game in all competitions for Liverpool, but revealed that there's no other way but to remain optimistic in trying times.
"You always think positively, I think that's the most important thing," said Coates.
Admitting impliedly that he may find it hard to climb up the pecking order at Anfield, he disclosed that wearing the national colors is his main source of motivation at this point.
"In my case, I keep myself going by focusing on getting back as quickly as I can, and with the national team, the World Cup is another goal to help me with my recovery," he intimated.
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage