Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Defender Could Head Home this February to Boost World Cup Chances
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 5, 2014 4:54 AM EST
Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates could be heading back to his hometown club, Nacional Montevideo, in Uruguay this February to boost his chances of securing a spot in the seniors' squad for the upcoming World Cup.
"The World Cup is another goal to help me with my recovery." - Sebastian Coates
The centre-back, who is marred with injuries this season, has until Tuesday - the day the transfer window closes in his country of origin - to make a decision.
The 23-year-old has yet to feature on a single game in all competitions for Liverpool, but revealed that there's no other way but to remain optimistic in trying times.
"You always think positively, I think that's the most important thing," said Coates.
Admitting impliedly that he may find it hard to climb up the pecking order at Anfield, he disclosed that wearing the national colors is his main source of motivation at this point.
"In my case, I keep myself going by focusing on getting back as quickly as I can, and with the national team, the World Cup is another goal to help me with my recovery," he intimated.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies