Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Defender Could Head Home this February to Boost World Cup Chances
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 5, 2014 4:54 AM EST
Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates could be heading back to his hometown club, Nacional Montevideo, in Uruguay this February to boost his chances of securing a spot in the seniors' squad for the upcoming World Cup.
"The World Cup is another goal to help me with my recovery." - Sebastian Coates
The centre-back, who is marred with injuries this season, has until Tuesday - the day the transfer window closes in his country of origin - to make a decision.
The 23-year-old has yet to feature on a single game in all competitions for Liverpool, but revealed that there's no other way but to remain optimistic in trying times.
"You always think positively, I think that's the most important thing," said Coates.
Admitting impliedly that he may find it hard to climb up the pecking order at Anfield, he disclosed that wearing the national colors is his main source of motivation at this point.
"In my case, I keep myself going by focusing on getting back as quickly as I can, and with the national team, the World Cup is another goal to help me with my recovery," he intimated.
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon