Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Defender Could Head Home this February to Boost World Cup Chances
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 5, 2014 4:54 AM EST
Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates could be heading back to his hometown club, Nacional Montevideo, in Uruguay this February to boost his chances of securing a spot in the seniors' squad for the upcoming World Cup.
"The World Cup is another goal to help me with my recovery." - Sebastian Coates
The centre-back, who is marred with injuries this season, has until Tuesday - the day the transfer window closes in his country of origin - to make a decision.
The 23-year-old has yet to feature on a single game in all competitions for Liverpool, but revealed that there's no other way but to remain optimistic in trying times.
"You always think positively, I think that's the most important thing," said Coates.
Admitting impliedly that he may find it hard to climb up the pecking order at Anfield, he disclosed that wearing the national colors is his main source of motivation at this point.
"In my case, I keep myself going by focusing on getting back as quickly as I can, and with the national team, the World Cup is another goal to help me with my recovery," he intimated.
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports