'The Following' Season 2, Episode 3 Recap: Shocking Twists, 'Trust Me' Highlights, and Lily Gray Spoilers [Watch 2x4 Promo Video]
By Arlene Paredes | February 5, 2014 4:03 AM EST
"The Following" Season 2, Episode 3 ("Trust Me") leaps the story forward for Lily Gray (Connie Nielsen). Emma Hill (Valorie Curry) survives an FBI assault. Agent Mike Weston (Shawn Ashmore) and Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) finally reconcile, sort of. Meanwhile, Sam Underwood's Luke and Mark are getting creepier by each new episode.
Actor Kevin Bacon arrives for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association Annual Installation Luncheon in Beverly Hills, California August 4, 2011.
Spoiler Alert: This feature recaps the highlights of The Following Season 2, Episode 3, Trust Me. Major spoilers included. This sets the stage for Episode 02x04, titled "Family Affair."
A lot of Hardy vs Carroll followers have suspected right away that Nielsen's Lily Gray may have not "survived" the subway massacre. They said she's been in on it all along. She's one of the new big bads of The Following Season 2. Just two episodes later, Ryan Hardy gets the same gut feel. It's a little too late and not so "shocking" for the TV viewers. But Hardy is definitely shocked.
That Lily may be connected to the twin creeps was a popular speculation. But how they're connected makes things a lot more twisted in Hardy's new crop of enemies. Lily is mommy to twins Luke and Mark (both played by the brilliant Sam Underwood). Mark is flirting with Emma, who now knows Joe Carroll (James Purefoy) is alive. They're all in the same camp now, as one twisted little family.
Carroll is back in killing and recruiting action. He has yet to be with Lily and Emma. Lily's liaisons with Carroll has yet to be exposed in detail. But his new recruit, Mandy Lang (Tiffany Boone) is "the new Emma," at least for a while. Mandy kills her mom (Carrie Preston) right before Carroll's proud, exhilarated eyes.
At last, FBI Agent Mike Weston (Shawn Ashmore) and Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) are friends again. "Trust" is being established again between the two, and this dials up the game in the next episode: The Following Season 2, Episode 4 ("Family Affair"). It's family versus family, as Hardy's detective niece Max (Jessica Stroup) will definitely be on the Mike-Ryan team.
WATCH: What's next in The Following? FOX Promo Video on YouTube
The Following Season 2 airs on FOX on Mondays. There will be more Lily Gray and Emma Hill evil moments in the next new episode.
More TV Guide and Spoiler Features
'NCIS' Season 11: New Episode Airs Feb. 4 on CBS; Bishop and Parsa Connection Revealed, McGee vs Self [Watch Promo Video]
'Castle' Season 6, Episode 14 Spoilers: Uh-Oh, Jitters Alert? See Stana Katic in Beckett's Wedding Dress [Watch Promo Videos]
'How I Met Your Mother' Season 9, Episode 17 Spoilers: Ted and Robin Ending, Finally? Ted's Top 5 Ex-GFs! [Watch Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports