'The Following' Season 2, Episode 3 Recap: Shocking Twists, 'Trust Me' Highlights, and Lily Gray Spoilers [Watch 2x4 Promo Video]
By Arlene Paredes | February 5, 2014 4:03 AM EST
"The Following" Season 2, Episode 3 ("Trust Me") leaps the story forward for Lily Gray (Connie Nielsen). Emma Hill (Valorie Curry) survives an FBI assault. Agent Mike Weston (Shawn Ashmore) and Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) finally reconcile, sort of. Meanwhile, Sam Underwood's Luke and Mark are getting creepier by each new episode.
Actor Kevin Bacon arrives for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association Annual Installation Luncheon in Beverly Hills, California August 4, 2011.
Spoiler Alert: This feature recaps the highlights of The Following Season 2, Episode 3, Trust Me. Major spoilers included. This sets the stage for Episode 02x04, titled "Family Affair."
A lot of Hardy vs Carroll followers have suspected right away that Nielsen's Lily Gray may have not "survived" the subway massacre. They said she's been in on it all along. She's one of the new big bads of The Following Season 2. Just two episodes later, Ryan Hardy gets the same gut feel. It's a little too late and not so "shocking" for the TV viewers. But Hardy is definitely shocked.
That Lily may be connected to the twin creeps was a popular speculation. But how they're connected makes things a lot more twisted in Hardy's new crop of enemies. Lily is mommy to twins Luke and Mark (both played by the brilliant Sam Underwood). Mark is flirting with Emma, who now knows Joe Carroll (James Purefoy) is alive. They're all in the same camp now, as one twisted little family.
Carroll is back in killing and recruiting action. He has yet to be with Lily and Emma. Lily's liaisons with Carroll has yet to be exposed in detail. But his new recruit, Mandy Lang (Tiffany Boone) is "the new Emma," at least for a while. Mandy kills her mom (Carrie Preston) right before Carroll's proud, exhilarated eyes.
At last, FBI Agent Mike Weston (Shawn Ashmore) and Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) are friends again. "Trust" is being established again between the two, and this dials up the game in the next episode: The Following Season 2, Episode 4 ("Family Affair"). It's family versus family, as Hardy's detective niece Max (Jessica Stroup) will definitely be on the Mike-Ryan team.
WATCH: What's next in The Following? FOX Promo Video on YouTube
The Following Season 2 airs on FOX on Mondays. There will be more Lily Gray and Emma Hill evil moments in the next new episode.
More TV Guide and Spoiler Features
'NCIS' Season 11: New Episode Airs Feb. 4 on CBS; Bishop and Parsa Connection Revealed, McGee vs Self [Watch Promo Video]
'Castle' Season 6, Episode 14 Spoilers: Uh-Oh, Jitters Alert? See Stana Katic in Beckett's Wedding Dress [Watch Promo Videos]
'How I Met Your Mother' Season 9, Episode 17 Spoilers: Ted and Robin Ending, Finally? Ted's Top 5 Ex-GFs! [Watch Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks