NBA Preview: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves [Live Streaming Info]
By James Patrick Quizon | February 5, 2014 2:41 AM EST
From the grapevine, Kevin Love apparently is going to the Los Angeles Lakers he becomes a free agent. On Tuesday night, he’d rather torment them first when as his Minnesota Timberwolves take on the team which will be targeting him in the near future.
NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves at Toronto Raptors
The Lakers are well on their to the lottery suffering three six-game losing streaks in December and January. The third one is currently on-going and they want to avoid the longest losing streak of the season against a Minnesota squad which has suffered back-to-back losses.
Except for a close 102-100 (OT) loss to Chicago on January 20, the five other losses have come via blowouts.
The last one was against the Charlotte Bobcats at home, losing 110-100 as Al Jefferson exploded for 40 points and 18 rebounds at Staples Center. The Lakers defense were nonexistent as they allowed the Bobcats to shoot 52.3 per cent (46-of-88 FGs) from the field
The Timberwolves lost to the Memphis Grizzlies, 94-90 last Friday and versus the Atlanta Hawks, 120-113 last Saturday. Love had 43 points and 19 rebounds but like the Lakers, the TWolves defense also struggled as five Hawks finished in double-figure scoring.
The Lakers will be missing the services of starting center Pau Gasol due to a strained groin but will probably have Steven Nash and Steve Blake back in action. Meanwhile, Minnesota will still be without their starting center Nikola Pekovic.
Watch the Lakers vs. Timberwolves via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Lakers (+10) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (O/U: 216.0)
Game time: 11:00 a.m. AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
Minnesota Timberwolves Trends
- The Timberwolves are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games vs. the Lakers
- The Timberwolves are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. losing teams
- The Timberwolves are 26-10-1 ATS in their last 37 games after a loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery