NBA Preview: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves [Live Streaming Info]
By James Patrick Quizon | February 5, 2014 2:41 AM EST
From the grapevine, Kevin Love apparently is going to the Los Angeles Lakers he becomes a free agent. On Tuesday night, he’d rather torment them first when as his Minnesota Timberwolves take on the team which will be targeting him in the near future.
NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves at Toronto Raptors
The Lakers are well on their to the lottery suffering three six-game losing streaks in December and January. The third one is currently on-going and they want to avoid the longest losing streak of the season against a Minnesota squad which has suffered back-to-back losses.
Except for a close 102-100 (OT) loss to Chicago on January 20, the five other losses have come via blowouts.
The last one was against the Charlotte Bobcats at home, losing 110-100 as Al Jefferson exploded for 40 points and 18 rebounds at Staples Center. The Lakers defense were nonexistent as they allowed the Bobcats to shoot 52.3 per cent (46-of-88 FGs) from the field
The Timberwolves lost to the Memphis Grizzlies, 94-90 last Friday and versus the Atlanta Hawks, 120-113 last Saturday. Love had 43 points and 19 rebounds but like the Lakers, the TWolves defense also struggled as five Hawks finished in double-figure scoring.
The Lakers will be missing the services of starting center Pau Gasol due to a strained groin but will probably have Steven Nash and Steve Blake back in action. Meanwhile, Minnesota will still be without their starting center Nikola Pekovic.
Watch the Lakers vs. Timberwolves via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Lakers (+10) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (O/U: 216.0)
Game time: 11:00 a.m. AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
Minnesota Timberwolves Trends
- The Timberwolves are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games vs. the Lakers
- The Timberwolves are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. losing teams
- The Timberwolves are 26-10-1 ATS in their last 37 games after a loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales