NBA Preview: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves [Live Streaming Info]
By James Patrick Quizon | February 5, 2014 2:41 AM EST
From the grapevine, Kevin Love apparently is going to the Los Angeles Lakers he becomes a free agent. On Tuesday night, he’d rather torment them first when as his Minnesota Timberwolves take on the team which will be targeting him in the near future.
NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves at Toronto Raptors
The Lakers are well on their to the lottery suffering three six-game losing streaks in December and January. The third one is currently on-going and they want to avoid the longest losing streak of the season against a Minnesota squad which has suffered back-to-back losses.
Except for a close 102-100 (OT) loss to Chicago on January 20, the five other losses have come via blowouts.
The last one was against the Charlotte Bobcats at home, losing 110-100 as Al Jefferson exploded for 40 points and 18 rebounds at Staples Center. The Lakers defense were nonexistent as they allowed the Bobcats to shoot 52.3 per cent (46-of-88 FGs) from the field
The Timberwolves lost to the Memphis Grizzlies, 94-90 last Friday and versus the Atlanta Hawks, 120-113 last Saturday. Love had 43 points and 19 rebounds but like the Lakers, the TWolves defense also struggled as five Hawks finished in double-figure scoring.
The Lakers will be missing the services of starting center Pau Gasol due to a strained groin but will probably have Steven Nash and Steve Blake back in action. Meanwhile, Minnesota will still be without their starting center Nikola Pekovic.
Watch the Lakers vs. Timberwolves via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Lakers (+10) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (O/U: 216.0)
Game time: 11:00 a.m. AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
Minnesota Timberwolves Trends
- The Timberwolves are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games vs. the Lakers
- The Timberwolves are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. losing teams
- The Timberwolves are 26-10-1 ATS in their last 37 games after a loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change