NBA Preview: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves [Live Streaming Info]
By James Patrick Quizon | February 5, 2014 2:41 AM EST
From the grapevine, Kevin Love apparently is going to the Los Angeles Lakers he becomes a free agent. On Tuesday night, he’d rather torment them first when as his Minnesota Timberwolves take on the team which will be targeting him in the near future.
NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves at Toronto Raptors
The Lakers are well on their to the lottery suffering three six-game losing streaks in December and January. The third one is currently on-going and they want to avoid the longest losing streak of the season against a Minnesota squad which has suffered back-to-back losses.
Except for a close 102-100 (OT) loss to Chicago on January 20, the five other losses have come via blowouts.
The last one was against the Charlotte Bobcats at home, losing 110-100 as Al Jefferson exploded for 40 points and 18 rebounds at Staples Center. The Lakers defense were nonexistent as they allowed the Bobcats to shoot 52.3 per cent (46-of-88 FGs) from the field
The Timberwolves lost to the Memphis Grizzlies, 94-90 last Friday and versus the Atlanta Hawks, 120-113 last Saturday. Love had 43 points and 19 rebounds but like the Lakers, the TWolves defense also struggled as five Hawks finished in double-figure scoring.
The Lakers will be missing the services of starting center Pau Gasol due to a strained groin but will probably have Steven Nash and Steve Blake back in action. Meanwhile, Minnesota will still be without their starting center Nikola Pekovic.
Watch the Lakers vs. Timberwolves via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Lakers (+10) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (O/U: 216.0)
Game time: 11:00 a.m. AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
Minnesota Timberwolves Trends
- The Timberwolves are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games vs. the Lakers
- The Timberwolves are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. losing teams
- The Timberwolves are 26-10-1 ATS in their last 37 games after a loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group Stage: Puerto Rico vs. Argentina Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: France vs. Serbia Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports