NBA Preview: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves [Live Streaming Info]
By James Patrick Quizon | February 5, 2014 2:41 AM EST
From the grapevine, Kevin Love apparently is going to the Los Angeles Lakers he becomes a free agent. On Tuesday night, he’d rather torment them first when as his Minnesota Timberwolves take on the team which will be targeting him in the near future.
NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves at Toronto Raptors
The Lakers are well on their to the lottery suffering three six-game losing streaks in December and January. The third one is currently on-going and they want to avoid the longest losing streak of the season against a Minnesota squad which has suffered back-to-back losses.
Except for a close 102-100 (OT) loss to Chicago on January 20, the five other losses have come via blowouts.
The last one was against the Charlotte Bobcats at home, losing 110-100 as Al Jefferson exploded for 40 points and 18 rebounds at Staples Center. The Lakers defense were nonexistent as they allowed the Bobcats to shoot 52.3 per cent (46-of-88 FGs) from the field
The Timberwolves lost to the Memphis Grizzlies, 94-90 last Friday and versus the Atlanta Hawks, 120-113 last Saturday. Love had 43 points and 19 rebounds but like the Lakers, the TWolves defense also struggled as five Hawks finished in double-figure scoring.
The Lakers will be missing the services of starting center Pau Gasol due to a strained groin but will probably have Steven Nash and Steve Blake back in action. Meanwhile, Minnesota will still be without their starting center Nikola Pekovic.
Watch the Lakers vs. Timberwolves via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Lakers (+10) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (O/U: 216.0)
Game time: 11:00 a.m. AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
Minnesota Timberwolves Trends
- The Timberwolves are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games vs. the Lakers
- The Timberwolves are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. losing teams
- The Timberwolves are 26-10-1 ATS in their last 37 games after a loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?