Minecraft PC Version Sells 14 Million Units
By Aditya Bhat | February 5, 2014 1:30 AM EST
Minecraft for PC has crossed 14 million units in sales, announced Markus 'Notch' Persson, creator and founder of Mojang, which developed the game.
"The computer version of Minecraft has now sold 14 million copies. Celebrating by having no idea how to play Lego marvel on ps4!" Persson tweeted.
4J Studios has released details of Title Update 15.
This brings the lifetime sales of the game across all platforms to 35 million. The game's PlayStation 3 version passed the one million mark in just five weeks. The Xbox 360 version sold 10 million units by December 2013. Also, the Pocket Edition for mobile platforms also reached 10 million unit sales in 2013.
The game has been announced for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in August 2013. Also, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are reportedly in development, according to the company.
Minecraft is one of the popular sandbox games, where people construct structures out of textured cubes in a 3D procedurally generated world. Players have to survive by maintaining their health and getting supplies for their hunger. Players can be creative by building huge palaces or forts.
The game consists of different terrains like plains, mountains, forests, caves and various water bodies. It also has biomes like deserts, jungles and snowfields. The game also has hostile and non-hostile entities like cows, pigs, chickens, spiders, skeletons and zombies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’