Minecraft PC Version Sells 14 Million Units
By Aditya Bhat | February 5, 2014 1:30 AM EST
Minecraft for PC has crossed 14 million units in sales, announced Markus 'Notch' Persson, creator and founder of Mojang, which developed the game.
"The computer version of Minecraft has now sold 14 million copies. Celebrating by having no idea how to play Lego marvel on ps4!" Persson tweeted.
4J Studios has released details of Title Update 15.
This brings the lifetime sales of the game across all platforms to 35 million. The game's PlayStation 3 version passed the one million mark in just five weeks. The Xbox 360 version sold 10 million units by December 2013. Also, the Pocket Edition for mobile platforms also reached 10 million unit sales in 2013.
The game has been announced for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in August 2013. Also, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are reportedly in development, according to the company.
Minecraft is one of the popular sandbox games, where people construct structures out of textured cubes in a 3D procedurally generated world. Players have to survive by maintaining their health and getting supplies for their hunger. Players can be creative by building huge palaces or forts.
The game consists of different terrains like plains, mountains, forests, caves and various water bodies. It also has biomes like deserts, jungles and snowfields. The game also has hostile and non-hostile entities like cows, pigs, chickens, spiders, skeletons and zombies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- SIMS 4 Missing Contents To Be Added Via DLC and New Details Unveiled From Livestream
- 5 Free Apps For Smartphones That Can Help Make You Look Beautiful
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October