Nissan Datsun GO Production Commences; Likely to Fall in Sub ₹4 Lakh
By greeshma m | February 5, 2014 12:06 AM EST
Japanese auto-maker Nissan rolled out its latest hatchback Datsun GO on Tuesday, from the Renault-Nissan alliance plant at Oragadam, Chennai.
The company, which has revived its Datsun model after almost three decades, also announced the start of production of Datsun GO hatchback for India. The entry level hatchback is expected to mark its market entry in March and will compete with the likes of Maruti Alto K10 and Hyundai i10.
State industries minister P Thangamani launched the car in Chennai in the presence of Nissan Motor Vice-Chairman Toshiyuki Shiga, Corporate Vice-President and Global Head-Datsun Vincent Cobee and Consul General of Japan Masanari Nakano.
"From day one, we knew that the key to success of the Datsun brand was that the cars must be developed, engineered and manufactured locally. By working this way, we have a unique insight into the consumer's needs which enables us to build a car that meets and even exceeds expectations," said Vincent Cobee, Global Head of Datsun at the launch.
Datsun GO is likely to fall in the sub ₹4 lakh price range in the domestic market and will be sold from exclusive Datsun dealerships. It is based on the Nissan Micra platform and will come with 1.2L petrol engine, which is mated to 5-speed manual transmission. The company will introduce three variants of Datsun GO in India.
"We will introduce three variants of Datsun GO. The top variant will be under ₹4 lakh (price bracket)...," said Cobee, according to PTI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS