Nissan Datsun GO Production Commences; Likely to Fall in Sub ₹4 Lakh
By greeshma m | February 5, 2014 12:06 AM EST
Japanese auto-maker Nissan rolled out its latest hatchback Datsun GO on Tuesday, from the Renault-Nissan alliance plant at Oragadam, Chennai.
The company, which has revived its Datsun model after almost three decades, also announced the start of production of Datsun GO hatchback for India. The entry level hatchback is expected to mark its market entry in March and will compete with the likes of Maruti Alto K10 and Hyundai i10.
State industries minister P Thangamani launched the car in Chennai in the presence of Nissan Motor Vice-Chairman Toshiyuki Shiga, Corporate Vice-President and Global Head-Datsun Vincent Cobee and Consul General of Japan Masanari Nakano.
"From day one, we knew that the key to success of the Datsun brand was that the cars must be developed, engineered and manufactured locally. By working this way, we have a unique insight into the consumer's needs which enables us to build a car that meets and even exceeds expectations," said Vincent Cobee, Global Head of Datsun at the launch.
Datsun GO is likely to fall in the sub ₹4 lakh price range in the domestic market and will be sold from exclusive Datsun dealerships. It is based on the Nissan Micra platform and will come with 1.2L petrol engine, which is mated to 5-speed manual transmission. The company will introduce three variants of Datsun GO in India.
"We will introduce three variants of Datsun GO. The top variant will be under ₹4 lakh (price bracket)...," said Cobee, according to PTI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best