GTA 5 on PC: Take-Two Comments; Assassination Missions in Single Player DLC, 32.5 Million Copies Shipped
By Aditya Bhat | February 4, 2014 11:51 PM EST
Despite strong rumors surrounding the PC release of one of the most popular game titles - GTA 5 (Grand Theft Auto 5) - doing the rounds, there has been no official confirmation on the same yet. Though the game's distributor Take-Two has finally commented on the PC version, they have not revealed anything substantial on it.
GTA 5 rumored to get a PC version. (Facebook)
"At this point there's really nothing for us to say about that," said Karl Slatoff, CEO Take-Two, when he was asked about the GTA 5 PC version by CVG, during a financials call on 3 February. "We haven't announced anything as it relates to any other platforms versus what's out there," he added.
The game is currently available only on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Rumors and leaks by several retailers have still not forced Rockstar Games to reveal any news about the development. The developer has maintained silence over all the rumors.
Meanwhile, a leak on GTA Forums has suggested that the upcoming single player DLC will be packed with assassination missions that will continue the main story and will also include weapons like shovels and wrenches, special abilities and new phone apps.
Rockstar has also announced that it has shipped around 32.5 million copies of GTA 5. This paves the way for GTA 5 to overtake Mario Kart Wii, which is the best-selling game of all time, selling around 34 million copies.
GTA 5 was released on 17 September and its sales will increase massively if it is released to PC and next-generation video game consoles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions