GTA 5 on PC: Take-Two Comments; Assassination Missions in Single Player DLC, 32.5 Million Copies Shipped
By Aditya Bhat | February 4, 2014 11:51 PM EST
Despite strong rumors surrounding the PC release of one of the most popular game titles - GTA 5 (Grand Theft Auto 5) - doing the rounds, there has been no official confirmation on the same yet. Though the game's distributor Take-Two has finally commented on the PC version, they have not revealed anything substantial on it.
GTA 5 rumored to get a PC version. (Facebook)
"At this point there's really nothing for us to say about that," said Karl Slatoff, CEO Take-Two, when he was asked about the GTA 5 PC version by CVG, during a financials call on 3 February. "We haven't announced anything as it relates to any other platforms versus what's out there," he added.
The game is currently available only on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Rumors and leaks by several retailers have still not forced Rockstar Games to reveal any news about the development. The developer has maintained silence over all the rumors.
Meanwhile, a leak on GTA Forums has suggested that the upcoming single player DLC will be packed with assassination missions that will continue the main story and will also include weapons like shovels and wrenches, special abilities and new phone apps.
Rockstar has also announced that it has shipped around 32.5 million copies of GTA 5. This paves the way for GTA 5 to overtake Mario Kart Wii, which is the best-selling game of all time, selling around 34 million copies.
GTA 5 was released on 17 September and its sales will increase massively if it is released to PC and next-generation video game consoles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy