GTA 5 on PC: Take-Two Comments; Assassination Missions in Single Player DLC, 32.5 Million Copies Shipped
By Aditya Bhat | February 4, 2014 11:51 PM EST
Despite strong rumors surrounding the PC release of one of the most popular game titles - GTA 5 (Grand Theft Auto 5) - doing the rounds, there has been no official confirmation on the same yet. Though the game's distributor Take-Two has finally commented on the PC version, they have not revealed anything substantial on it.
GTA 5 rumored to get a PC version. (Facebook)
"At this point there's really nothing for us to say about that," said Karl Slatoff, CEO Take-Two, when he was asked about the GTA 5 PC version by CVG, during a financials call on 3 February. "We haven't announced anything as it relates to any other platforms versus what's out there," he added.
The game is currently available only on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Rumors and leaks by several retailers have still not forced Rockstar Games to reveal any news about the development. The developer has maintained silence over all the rumors.
Meanwhile, a leak on GTA Forums has suggested that the upcoming single player DLC will be packed with assassination missions that will continue the main story and will also include weapons like shovels and wrenches, special abilities and new phone apps.
Rockstar has also announced that it has shipped around 32.5 million copies of GTA 5. This paves the way for GTA 5 to overtake Mario Kart Wii, which is the best-selling game of all time, selling around 34 million copies.
GTA 5 was released on 17 September and its sales will increase massively if it is released to PC and next-generation video game consoles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report