GTA 5 on PC: Take-Two Comments; Assassination Missions in Single Player DLC, 32.5 Million Copies Shipped
By Aditya Bhat | February 4, 2014 11:51 PM EST
Despite strong rumors surrounding the PC release of one of the most popular game titles - GTA 5 (Grand Theft Auto 5) - doing the rounds, there has been no official confirmation on the same yet. Though the game's distributor Take-Two has finally commented on the PC version, they have not revealed anything substantial on it.
GTA 5 rumored to get a PC version. (Facebook)
"At this point there's really nothing for us to say about that," said Karl Slatoff, CEO Take-Two, when he was asked about the GTA 5 PC version by CVG, during a financials call on 3 February. "We haven't announced anything as it relates to any other platforms versus what's out there," he added.
The game is currently available only on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Rumors and leaks by several retailers have still not forced Rockstar Games to reveal any news about the development. The developer has maintained silence over all the rumors.
Meanwhile, a leak on GTA Forums has suggested that the upcoming single player DLC will be packed with assassination missions that will continue the main story and will also include weapons like shovels and wrenches, special abilities and new phone apps.
Rockstar has also announced that it has shipped around 32.5 million copies of GTA 5. This paves the way for GTA 5 to overtake Mario Kart Wii, which is the best-selling game of all time, selling around 34 million copies.
GTA 5 was released on 17 September and its sales will increase massively if it is released to PC and next-generation video game consoles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best