GTA 5 on PC: Take-Two Comments; Assassination Missions in Single Player DLC, 32.5 Million Copies Shipped
By Aditya Bhat | February 4, 2014 11:51 PM EST
Despite strong rumors surrounding the PC release of one of the most popular game titles - GTA 5 (Grand Theft Auto 5) - doing the rounds, there has been no official confirmation on the same yet. Though the game's distributor Take-Two has finally commented on the PC version, they have not revealed anything substantial on it.
GTA 5 rumored to get a PC version. (Facebook)
"At this point there's really nothing for us to say about that," said Karl Slatoff, CEO Take-Two, when he was asked about the GTA 5 PC version by CVG, during a financials call on 3 February. "We haven't announced anything as it relates to any other platforms versus what's out there," he added.
The game is currently available only on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Rumors and leaks by several retailers have still not forced Rockstar Games to reveal any news about the development. The developer has maintained silence over all the rumors.
Meanwhile, a leak on GTA Forums has suggested that the upcoming single player DLC will be packed with assassination missions that will continue the main story and will also include weapons like shovels and wrenches, special abilities and new phone apps.
Rockstar has also announced that it has shipped around 32.5 million copies of GTA 5. This paves the way for GTA 5 to overtake Mario Kart Wii, which is the best-selling game of all time, selling around 34 million copies.
GTA 5 was released on 17 September and its sales will increase massively if it is released to PC and next-generation video game consoles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including The Satchel Of Savage Mysteries, Zidormi In Dustwallow Marsh And The Frostwall Mines
- High-End Tablets Face-Off: Google’s Nexus 9 Versus Apple’s iPad Air 2
- Nokia Lumia 635: Sprint, Boost Mobile And Virgin Mobile Set To Sell Windows Phone Handset
- ‘GTA V' Heists Release Date Update: Rockstar Confirms DLC Out In ‘Early 2015'
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries