'Transformers: Age of Extinction' Movie Clip Shown at the Super Bowl 2014, Fans React Positively on Twitter [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 4, 2014 10:35 PM EST
A 30-second "Transformers: Age of Extinction" movie clip was shown at the Super Bowl 2014 on Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014 and several fans reacted positively about it on Twitter. This was the first time a clip from the said movie was shown to the public because only photos were provided to the fans before.
Michael Bay's blockbuster film franchise stars Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz, Stanley Tucci, Sophia Myles, Kelsey Gramer and Jack Reynor.
Check out some of the fans' reactions on Twitter upon seeing the "Transformers: Age of Extinction" movie clip while watching the Super Bowl 2014. A lot of them were excited to see the Dinobots particularly Grimlock, a Dinobot that transforms into a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
I'm still in awe of the Transformers: Age of Extinction trailer. Like I'm not even thinking about the game anymore. pic.twitter.com/s3kPeb1zUD
— kaleena vasquez (@kaleenaevans) February 3, 2014
Oh my gosh!!!!! That preview was awesome! So pumped for Transformers! #dinobots — Hudson Smith (@huddybuddy44) February 3, 2014
The only good thing that came out of the Super Bowl was that I am now a aware there is a Transformers 4 with Mark Wahlberg
— Kassidy Cook (@KassidyCook1) February 3, 2014
According to Wikipedia, "Transformers: Age of Extinction" is a sequel to 2011's "Transformers: Dark of the Moon." It will take place four years after the Chicago, Illinois invasion. It will showcase the popular Dinobots which are robots that transform into dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals.
Even if the movie clip showed some Dinobots, it will still feature the classic Transformers characters Optimus Prime and Bumble Bee. However, previous lead star Shia LaBeouf will not appear in this film anymore.
Other Transformers that will appear in Michael Bay's "Transformers: Age of Extinction" include Autobots Crosshairs, Drift and Hound as well as Decepticons Lockdown, Cyclonus and Stinger.
According to the Internet Movie Database (IMDb), "Transformers: Age of Extinction" will be shown on June 26, 2014 in Australia, June 27, 2014 in the U.S. and July 10, 2014 in the UK. Click HERE to go to the IMDb Web site and find out when the said film which is also known as "Transformers 4" will be shown in other countries.
According to Metro.co.uk, Michael Bay wrote on his offical Web site, Michael Bay Dot Com in December 2013 that he is planning to give fans a sneak peak of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" during the NFL Super Bowl XLVIII.
"I think the first piece comes out for the Super Bowl and a teaser right after that. And yes, I'm very excited about this new movie," said Bay in the Metro.co.uk report.
Check out Entertainment Tonight's (ET) behind-the-scenes YouTube video of Michael Bay's film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" or "Transformers 4" below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports