Auto Expo 2014: Hyundai Launches Grand i10 Sedan Xcent
By greeshma m | February 4, 2014 8:54 PM EST
Hyundai India on Tuesday took the wraps off its all new Grand i10 based sedan, dubbed Xcent.
Hyundai cars are seen ready for shipment at a port in Chennai November 27, 2006
The new compact sedan Xcent will be the company's showstopper at the Auto Expo 2014, which is scheduled to start in the next couple of days in Greater Noida. The name of the brand new sedan has been derived from Hyundai's Accent. The all new sub-4 metre compact sedan is the company's first offering in this segment and the vehicle will be pitted against India's best selling cars like Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift and the upcoming Ford Figo Concept car. Xcent will hit the market in March.
Xcent will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. The petrol variant of the car comes with the same 1.2-litre kappa 2 motor, which powers the Grand i10 hatchback and the diesel model is powered by 1.1-litre diesel engine. The car's design and stylish elements share its similarities with its small car Grand i10 and comes loaded with features like rear AC vents, smart key push button entry, USB-ready audio system with internal storage, 15inch alloys, dual front airbags, anti-lock brakes and steering-mounted audio controls.
"The Xcent is a world class product developed for the Indian market...Xcent symbolises Hyundai's commitment to Indian customers by offering high standards of quality," said HMIL Managing Director and CEO, BS SEO according to PTI.
On Monday,Ford unveiled its new global compact sedan Figo concept.The new Figo car, a sub 4 meter segment vehicle , will come with features like state-of-the-art infotainment system, mobile charging units, satellite navigation system and electronically adjustable mirrors.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report