Auto Expo 2014: Hyundai Launches Grand i10 Sedan Xcent
By greeshma m | February 4, 2014 8:54 PM EST
Hyundai India on Tuesday took the wraps off its all new Grand i10 based sedan, dubbed Xcent.
Hyundai cars are seen ready for shipment at a port in Chennai November 27, 2006
The new compact sedan Xcent will be the company's showstopper at the Auto Expo 2014, which is scheduled to start in the next couple of days in Greater Noida. The name of the brand new sedan has been derived from Hyundai's Accent. The all new sub-4 metre compact sedan is the company's first offering in this segment and the vehicle will be pitted against India's best selling cars like Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift and the upcoming Ford Figo Concept car. Xcent will hit the market in March.
Xcent will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. The petrol variant of the car comes with the same 1.2-litre kappa 2 motor, which powers the Grand i10 hatchback and the diesel model is powered by 1.1-litre diesel engine. The car's design and stylish elements share its similarities with its small car Grand i10 and comes loaded with features like rear AC vents, smart key push button entry, USB-ready audio system with internal storage, 15inch alloys, dual front airbags, anti-lock brakes and steering-mounted audio controls.
"The Xcent is a world class product developed for the Indian market...Xcent symbolises Hyundai's commitment to Indian customers by offering high standards of quality," said HMIL Managing Director and CEO, BS SEO according to PTI.
On Monday,Ford unveiled its new global compact sedan Figo concept.The new Figo car, a sub 4 meter segment vehicle , will come with features like state-of-the-art infotainment system, mobile charging units, satellite navigation system and electronically adjustable mirrors.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date