Auto Expo 2014: Hyundai Launches Grand i10 Sedan Xcent
By greeshma m | February 4, 2014 8:54 PM EST
Hyundai India on Tuesday took the wraps off its all new Grand i10 based sedan, dubbed Xcent.
Hyundai cars are seen ready for shipment at a port in Chennai November 27, 2006
The new compact sedan Xcent will be the company's showstopper at the Auto Expo 2014, which is scheduled to start in the next couple of days in Greater Noida. The name of the brand new sedan has been derived from Hyundai's Accent. The all new sub-4 metre compact sedan is the company's first offering in this segment and the vehicle will be pitted against India's best selling cars like Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift and the upcoming Ford Figo Concept car. Xcent will hit the market in March.
Xcent will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. The petrol variant of the car comes with the same 1.2-litre kappa 2 motor, which powers the Grand i10 hatchback and the diesel model is powered by 1.1-litre diesel engine. The car's design and stylish elements share its similarities with its small car Grand i10 and comes loaded with features like rear AC vents, smart key push button entry, USB-ready audio system with internal storage, 15inch alloys, dual front airbags, anti-lock brakes and steering-mounted audio controls.
"The Xcent is a world class product developed for the Indian market...Xcent symbolises Hyundai's commitment to Indian customers by offering high standards of quality," said HMIL Managing Director and CEO, BS SEO according to PTI.
On Monday,Ford unveiled its new global compact sedan Figo concept.The new Figo car, a sub 4 meter segment vehicle , will come with features like state-of-the-art infotainment system, mobile charging units, satellite navigation system and electronically adjustable mirrors.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares