Is One Direction’s Harry Styles Gay? Here are Some Reasons Why he Might be
By Keerthi Mohan | February 4, 2014 8:30 PM EST
Harry Styles, a member of boy band “One Direction”, recently spent nearly £20,000 on a series of Hayden Kays artwork, featuring love and sex-related messages, including one that read “If I wasn't straight I'd definitely be gay.”
This incident has once again stirred speculation about Styles’ sexual preferences, despite him dating several high profile celebrities, including Taylor Swift and more recently Kendell Jenner.
Styles has often been linked to DJ Nick Grimshaw, who is openly gay, and despite the singer claiming they are just friends, rumors are still aplenty. Reportedly, Styles is a constant sleepover guest at Grimshaw’s house, as he hates staying alone at his own place.
“Harry may have splashed the cash on his gaff, but if no one’s sleeping over he hates staying there,” a source told Daily Star.
“It’s depressing for him having the whole place to himself. He’s used to having his bandmates around because they’re normally flying all over the world staying in hotels. So when he has free time in London, he now heads over to Nick’s place.”
Styles’ love for gay bars has not helped in curbing the rumors. In December of last year, Styles took Jenner to Therapy, a popular Manhattan gay bar, where he is a frequenter now.
"Harry has actually been here a few times before," a source explained to Us Weekly. "He's just a regular customer when he comes in."
Meanwhile, Styles’ cousin Ben Selley reinforced the singer’s image as a ladies' man by saying he is a romantic at heart and has a lot of girlfriends. But Selley noted that unlike what’s reported in the media, it’s Styles who ends up getting dumped.
“It’s Harry who keeps getting dumped,” Selley told The Sun, according to HollywoodLife.com. “He’s not a dumper, he’s a dumpee! He’s got the biggest heart so the guy wouldn’t have the guts to dump a girl, he’s too nice!”
“It’s hard for Harry because he doesn’t know whether a girl likes him for who he is or because he is famous,” he added. “It’s something he struggles with because it’s tricky. That’s probably why he ends up dating people in the same industry as him. Taylor Swift was a big star, as was Harry so they kind of cancelled each other out.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2