Is One Direction’s Harry Styles Gay? Here are Some Reasons Why he Might be
By Keerthi Mohan | February 4, 2014 8:30 PM EST
Harry Styles, a member of boy band “One Direction”, recently spent nearly £20,000 on a series of Hayden Kays artwork, featuring love and sex-related messages, including one that read “If I wasn't straight I'd definitely be gay.”
This incident has once again stirred speculation about Styles’ sexual preferences, despite him dating several high profile celebrities, including Taylor Swift and more recently Kendell Jenner.
Styles has often been linked to DJ Nick Grimshaw, who is openly gay, and despite the singer claiming they are just friends, rumors are still aplenty. Reportedly, Styles is a constant sleepover guest at Grimshaw’s house, as he hates staying alone at his own place.
“Harry may have splashed the cash on his gaff, but if no one’s sleeping over he hates staying there,” a source told Daily Star.
“It’s depressing for him having the whole place to himself. He’s used to having his bandmates around because they’re normally flying all over the world staying in hotels. So when he has free time in London, he now heads over to Nick’s place.”
Styles’ love for gay bars has not helped in curbing the rumors. In December of last year, Styles took Jenner to Therapy, a popular Manhattan gay bar, where he is a frequenter now.
"Harry has actually been here a few times before," a source explained to Us Weekly. "He's just a regular customer when he comes in."
Meanwhile, Styles’ cousin Ben Selley reinforced the singer’s image as a ladies' man by saying he is a romantic at heart and has a lot of girlfriends. But Selley noted that unlike what’s reported in the media, it’s Styles who ends up getting dumped.
“It’s Harry who keeps getting dumped,” Selley told The Sun, according to HollywoodLife.com. “He’s not a dumper, he’s a dumpee! He’s got the biggest heart so the guy wouldn’t have the guts to dump a girl, he’s too nice!”
“It’s hard for Harry because he doesn’t know whether a girl likes him for who he is or because he is famous,” he added. “It’s something he struggles with because it’s tricky. That’s probably why he ends up dating people in the same industry as him. Taylor Swift was a big star, as was Harry so they kind of cancelled each other out.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage