Is One Direction’s Harry Styles Gay? Here are Some Reasons Why he Might be
By Keerthi Mohan | February 4, 2014 8:30 PM EST
Harry Styles, a member of boy band “One Direction”, recently spent nearly £20,000 on a series of Hayden Kays artwork, featuring love and sex-related messages, including one that read “If I wasn't straight I'd definitely be gay.”
This incident has once again stirred speculation about Styles’ sexual preferences, despite him dating several high profile celebrities, including Taylor Swift and more recently Kendell Jenner.
Styles has often been linked to DJ Nick Grimshaw, who is openly gay, and despite the singer claiming they are just friends, rumors are still aplenty. Reportedly, Styles is a constant sleepover guest at Grimshaw’s house, as he hates staying alone at his own place.
“Harry may have splashed the cash on his gaff, but if no one’s sleeping over he hates staying there,” a source told Daily Star.
“It’s depressing for him having the whole place to himself. He’s used to having his bandmates around because they’re normally flying all over the world staying in hotels. So when he has free time in London, he now heads over to Nick’s place.”
Styles’ love for gay bars has not helped in curbing the rumors. In December of last year, Styles took Jenner to Therapy, a popular Manhattan gay bar, where he is a frequenter now.
"Harry has actually been here a few times before," a source explained to Us Weekly. "He's just a regular customer when he comes in."
Meanwhile, Styles’ cousin Ben Selley reinforced the singer’s image as a ladies' man by saying he is a romantic at heart and has a lot of girlfriends. But Selley noted that unlike what’s reported in the media, it’s Styles who ends up getting dumped.
“It’s Harry who keeps getting dumped,” Selley told The Sun, according to HollywoodLife.com. “He’s not a dumper, he’s a dumpee! He’s got the biggest heart so the guy wouldn’t have the guts to dump a girl, he’s too nice!”
“It’s hard for Harry because he doesn’t know whether a girl likes him for who he is or because he is famous,” he added. “It’s something he struggles with because it’s tricky. That’s probably why he ends up dating people in the same industry as him. Taylor Swift was a big star, as was Harry so they kind of cancelled each other out.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?