Is One Direction’s Harry Styles Gay? Here are Some Reasons Why he Might be
By Keerthi Mohan | February 4, 2014 8:30 PM EST
Harry Styles, a member of boy band “One Direction”, recently spent nearly £20,000 on a series of Hayden Kays artwork, featuring love and sex-related messages, including one that read “If I wasn't straight I'd definitely be gay.”
This incident has once again stirred speculation about Styles’ sexual preferences, despite him dating several high profile celebrities, including Taylor Swift and more recently Kendell Jenner.
Styles has often been linked to DJ Nick Grimshaw, who is openly gay, and despite the singer claiming they are just friends, rumors are still aplenty. Reportedly, Styles is a constant sleepover guest at Grimshaw’s house, as he hates staying alone at his own place.
“Harry may have splashed the cash on his gaff, but if no one’s sleeping over he hates staying there,” a source told Daily Star.
“It’s depressing for him having the whole place to himself. He’s used to having his bandmates around because they’re normally flying all over the world staying in hotels. So when he has free time in London, he now heads over to Nick’s place.”
Styles’ love for gay bars has not helped in curbing the rumors. In December of last year, Styles took Jenner to Therapy, a popular Manhattan gay bar, where he is a frequenter now.
"Harry has actually been here a few times before," a source explained to Us Weekly. "He's just a regular customer when he comes in."
Meanwhile, Styles’ cousin Ben Selley reinforced the singer’s image as a ladies' man by saying he is a romantic at heart and has a lot of girlfriends. But Selley noted that unlike what’s reported in the media, it’s Styles who ends up getting dumped.
“It’s Harry who keeps getting dumped,” Selley told The Sun, according to HollywoodLife.com. “He’s not a dumper, he’s a dumpee! He’s got the biggest heart so the guy wouldn’t have the guts to dump a girl, he’s too nice!”
“It’s hard for Harry because he doesn’t know whether a girl likes him for who he is or because he is famous,” he added. “It’s something he struggles with because it’s tricky. That’s probably why he ends up dating people in the same industry as him. Taylor Swift was a big star, as was Harry so they kind of cancelled each other out.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports