Is One Direction’s Harry Styles Gay? Here are Some Reasons Why he Might be
By Keerthi Mohan | February 4, 2014 8:30 PM EST
Harry Styles, a member of boy band “One Direction”, recently spent nearly £20,000 on a series of Hayden Kays artwork, featuring love and sex-related messages, including one that read “If I wasn't straight I'd definitely be gay.”
This incident has once again stirred speculation about Styles’ sexual preferences, despite him dating several high profile celebrities, including Taylor Swift and more recently Kendell Jenner.
Styles has often been linked to DJ Nick Grimshaw, who is openly gay, and despite the singer claiming they are just friends, rumors are still aplenty. Reportedly, Styles is a constant sleepover guest at Grimshaw’s house, as he hates staying alone at his own place.
“Harry may have splashed the cash on his gaff, but if no one’s sleeping over he hates staying there,” a source told Daily Star.
“It’s depressing for him having the whole place to himself. He’s used to having his bandmates around because they’re normally flying all over the world staying in hotels. So when he has free time in London, he now heads over to Nick’s place.”
Styles’ love for gay bars has not helped in curbing the rumors. In December of last year, Styles took Jenner to Therapy, a popular Manhattan gay bar, where he is a frequenter now.
"Harry has actually been here a few times before," a source explained to Us Weekly. "He's just a regular customer when he comes in."
Meanwhile, Styles’ cousin Ben Selley reinforced the singer’s image as a ladies' man by saying he is a romantic at heart and has a lot of girlfriends. But Selley noted that unlike what’s reported in the media, it’s Styles who ends up getting dumped.
“It’s Harry who keeps getting dumped,” Selley told The Sun, according to HollywoodLife.com. “He’s not a dumper, he’s a dumpee! He’s got the biggest heart so the guy wouldn’t have the guts to dump a girl, he’s too nice!”
“It’s hard for Harry because he doesn’t know whether a girl likes him for who he is or because he is famous,” he added. “It’s something he struggles with because it’s tricky. That’s probably why he ends up dating people in the same industry as him. Taylor Swift was a big star, as was Harry so they kind of cancelled each other out.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June