PlayStation 4 Update 1.60 Announced, Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset to be Introduced [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | February 4, 2014 8:24 PM EST
Sony has announced that its latest update for PlayStation 4 will be rolling out late night on 3 February. The new update titled version 1.60 will be bringing in support for wireless stereo headsets to PlayStation 4.
New Gold Wireless Headset to be introduced.
The 1.60 update will be also be adding support for Pulse and Pulse Elite Edition headsets that will offer users with 7.1 virtual surround sound and voice chat that is crystal clear, reported the PlayStation blog.
Apart from headset support, the update 1.60 will also be bringing in general stability improvements and ability to mute camera according to a tweet from Chris Owen, community manager, PlayStation Europe.
Sony is also introducing, what it calls the 'Gold Wireless Headset' that has a 7.1 surround sound headset with custom modes that are designed for PlayStation game in specific. The Gold Wireless Headset costs $99.99. This headset will be compatible not only with PlayStation 4 but also with PlayStation 3, PC and PlayStation Vita.
Apart from this, a free Headset Companion App is also likely to be launched in February. This app will be compatible with Gold Wireless Headset and Pulse Elite Edition headsets. This app will help players to download sound modes created by the developer that is specific for a game's audio. The app will be launching with a sound mode that was designed by Sucker Punch so that console users can use it in InFamous: Second Son. The app also includes tools where users can create their own custom EQ mode.
(YouTube Courtesy: PlayStation)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For Google Play Edition Devices: Features, Models And Other Details
- Nokia Lumia 635: Sprint, Boost Mobile And Virgin Mobile Set To Sell Windows Phone Handset
- ‘GTA V' Heists DLC: Rockstar Confirms Release In ‘Early 2015,’ Game Producer Imran Sarwar Explains Delay
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries
- ‘Destiny’ Iron Banner And Fist of Crota Back As Replayable; Patches Targeted For Xbox One