PlayStation 4 Update 1.60 Announced, Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset to be Introduced [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | February 4, 2014 8:24 PM EST
Sony has announced that its latest update for PlayStation 4 will be rolling out late night on 3 February. The new update titled version 1.60 will be bringing in support for wireless stereo headsets to PlayStation 4.
New Gold Wireless Headset to be introduced.
The 1.60 update will be also be adding support for Pulse and Pulse Elite Edition headsets that will offer users with 7.1 virtual surround sound and voice chat that is crystal clear, reported the PlayStation blog.
Apart from headset support, the update 1.60 will also be bringing in general stability improvements and ability to mute camera according to a tweet from Chris Owen, community manager, PlayStation Europe.
Sony is also introducing, what it calls the 'Gold Wireless Headset' that has a 7.1 surround sound headset with custom modes that are designed for PlayStation game in specific. The Gold Wireless Headset costs $99.99. This headset will be compatible not only with PlayStation 4 but also with PlayStation 3, PC and PlayStation Vita.
Apart from this, a free Headset Companion App is also likely to be launched in February. This app will be compatible with Gold Wireless Headset and Pulse Elite Edition headsets. This app will help players to download sound modes created by the developer that is specific for a game's audio. The app will be launching with a sound mode that was designed by Sucker Punch so that console users can use it in InFamous: Second Son. The app also includes tools where users can create their own custom EQ mode.
(YouTube Courtesy: PlayStation)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia