PlayStation 4 Update 1.60 Announced, Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset to be Introduced [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | February 4, 2014 8:24 PM EST
Sony has announced that its latest update for PlayStation 4 will be rolling out late night on 3 February. The new update titled version 1.60 will be bringing in support for wireless stereo headsets to PlayStation 4.
New Gold Wireless Headset to be introduced.
The 1.60 update will be also be adding support for Pulse and Pulse Elite Edition headsets that will offer users with 7.1 virtual surround sound and voice chat that is crystal clear, reported the PlayStation blog.
Apart from headset support, the update 1.60 will also be bringing in general stability improvements and ability to mute camera according to a tweet from Chris Owen, community manager, PlayStation Europe.
Sony is also introducing, what it calls the 'Gold Wireless Headset' that has a 7.1 surround sound headset with custom modes that are designed for PlayStation game in specific. The Gold Wireless Headset costs $99.99. This headset will be compatible not only with PlayStation 4 but also with PlayStation 3, PC and PlayStation Vita.
Apart from this, a free Headset Companion App is also likely to be launched in February. This app will be compatible with Gold Wireless Headset and Pulse Elite Edition headsets. This app will help players to download sound modes created by the developer that is specific for a game's audio. The app will be launching with a sound mode that was designed by Sucker Punch so that console users can use it in InFamous: Second Son. The app also includes tools where users can create their own custom EQ mode.
(YouTube Courtesy: PlayStation)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales