Philip Seymour Hoffman Death: Heroin Found in Home Including 50 'Ace of Spades' Envelopes and Several Empty 'Ace of Hearts' Bags [PHOTOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 4, 2014 8:09 PM EST
Hollywood is still reeling from Oscar winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman's sudden death on Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014. Hoffman was found dead in an apartment in New York City's (NYC) Greenwich Village with a needle stuck in his left forearm. Hoffman apparently died of a drug overdose because aside from the needle that was found on the scene, heroin was also found in his home including 50 "Ace of Spades" envelopes and several empty "Ace of Hearts" bags. "Ace of Spades" and "Ace of Hearts" are said to be street names of heroin.
According to CNN, two law enforcement sources claimed that the police assigned to investigate Hoffman's death have found close to 50 envelopes of a substance that appears to be heroin as well as prescription drugs including buprenorphine (addiction treatment), clonidine hydrochloride (blood-pressure medication), hydroxyzine (anxiety treatment), methocarbamol (muscle relaxer) and Vyvanse (attention-deficit (hyperactivity) disorder treatment), empty bags, several bags with white powder in it and more than 20 used syringes in a plastic cup.
The two law enforcement sources also said that the New York medical examiner is conducting an autopsy of Hoffman's body.
TMZ reported that there were also a number of unused syringes found in Hoffman's apartment in NYC and that he seemed to be preparing for a heroin binge. According to TMZ, Hoffman was seen in Atlanta on Jan. 30, 2014 with a woman at the bar and witnesses who saw him said that he appeared to be drunk.
In 2013 Hoffman revealed to TMZ that he entered a rehabilitation centre for his drug abuse problem. He recently relapsed after being clean for 23 years. He admitted that he was back to snorting heroin and taking prescription meds.
46-year-old Hoffman had a promising Hollywood career starring with the biggest actors and actresses in Tinseltown including Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Julianne Moore, Al Pacino, Helen Hunt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Cate Blanchett, Matt Damon, Jude Law, Robin Williams, Stanley Tucci and Jennifer Lawrence.
He was last seen in the film "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" as Plutarch Heavensbee. He will also appear in the next "The Hunger Games" installment which is "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay." It will be divided into two parts, with Part 1 to be shown in 2014 and Part 2 in 2015. Hoffman already shot most of his scenes for the said film. R.I.P. Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in NYC Apartment: How His Death Will Affect 'The Hunger Games? (Click HERE)
Philip Seymour Hoffman Attended Detox For Drug Abuse, 'Hunger Games' Star Was Snorting Heroin: Report (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around