Philip Seymour Hoffman Death: Heroin Found in Home Including 50 'Ace of Spades' Envelopes and Several Empty 'Ace of Hearts' Bags [PHOTOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 4, 2014 8:09 PM EST
Hollywood is still reeling from Oscar winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman's sudden death on Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014. Hoffman was found dead in an apartment in New York City's (NYC) Greenwich Village with a needle stuck in his left forearm. Hoffman apparently died of a drug overdose because aside from the needle that was found on the scene, heroin was also found in his home including 50 "Ace of Spades" envelopes and several empty "Ace of Hearts" bags. "Ace of Spades" and "Ace of Hearts" are said to be street names of heroin.
According to CNN, two law enforcement sources claimed that the police assigned to investigate Hoffman's death have found close to 50 envelopes of a substance that appears to be heroin as well as prescription drugs including buprenorphine (addiction treatment), clonidine hydrochloride (blood-pressure medication), hydroxyzine (anxiety treatment), methocarbamol (muscle relaxer) and Vyvanse (attention-deficit (hyperactivity) disorder treatment), empty bags, several bags with white powder in it and more than 20 used syringes in a plastic cup.
The two law enforcement sources also said that the New York medical examiner is conducting an autopsy of Hoffman's body.
TMZ reported that there were also a number of unused syringes found in Hoffman's apartment in NYC and that he seemed to be preparing for a heroin binge. According to TMZ, Hoffman was seen in Atlanta on Jan. 30, 2014 with a woman at the bar and witnesses who saw him said that he appeared to be drunk.
In 2013 Hoffman revealed to TMZ that he entered a rehabilitation centre for his drug abuse problem. He recently relapsed after being clean for 23 years. He admitted that he was back to snorting heroin and taking prescription meds.
46-year-old Hoffman had a promising Hollywood career starring with the biggest actors and actresses in Tinseltown including Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Julianne Moore, Al Pacino, Helen Hunt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Cate Blanchett, Matt Damon, Jude Law, Robin Williams, Stanley Tucci and Jennifer Lawrence.
He was last seen in the film "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" as Plutarch Heavensbee. He will also appear in the next "The Hunger Games" installment which is "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay." It will be divided into two parts, with Part 1 to be shown in 2014 and Part 2 in 2015. Hoffman already shot most of his scenes for the said film. R.I.P. Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in NYC Apartment: How His Death Will Affect 'The Hunger Games? (Click HERE)
Philip Seymour Hoffman Attended Detox For Drug Abuse, 'Hunger Games' Star Was Snorting Heroin: Report (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage