Philip Seymour Hoffman Death: Heroin Found in Home Including 50 'Ace of Spades' Envelopes and Several Empty 'Ace of Hearts' Bags [PHOTOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 4, 2014 8:09 PM EST
Hollywood is still reeling from Oscar winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman's sudden death on Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014. Hoffman was found dead in an apartment in New York City's (NYC) Greenwich Village with a needle stuck in his left forearm. Hoffman apparently died of a drug overdose because aside from the needle that was found on the scene, heroin was also found in his home including 50 "Ace of Spades" envelopes and several empty "Ace of Hearts" bags. "Ace of Spades" and "Ace of Hearts" are said to be street names of heroin.
According to CNN, two law enforcement sources claimed that the police assigned to investigate Hoffman's death have found close to 50 envelopes of a substance that appears to be heroin as well as prescription drugs including buprenorphine (addiction treatment), clonidine hydrochloride (blood-pressure medication), hydroxyzine (anxiety treatment), methocarbamol (muscle relaxer) and Vyvanse (attention-deficit (hyperactivity) disorder treatment), empty bags, several bags with white powder in it and more than 20 used syringes in a plastic cup.
The two law enforcement sources also said that the New York medical examiner is conducting an autopsy of Hoffman's body.
TMZ reported that there were also a number of unused syringes found in Hoffman's apartment in NYC and that he seemed to be preparing for a heroin binge. According to TMZ, Hoffman was seen in Atlanta on Jan. 30, 2014 with a woman at the bar and witnesses who saw him said that he appeared to be drunk.
In 2013 Hoffman revealed to TMZ that he entered a rehabilitation centre for his drug abuse problem. He recently relapsed after being clean for 23 years. He admitted that he was back to snorting heroin and taking prescription meds.
46-year-old Hoffman had a promising Hollywood career starring with the biggest actors and actresses in Tinseltown including Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Julianne Moore, Al Pacino, Helen Hunt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Cate Blanchett, Matt Damon, Jude Law, Robin Williams, Stanley Tucci and Jennifer Lawrence.
He was last seen in the film "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" as Plutarch Heavensbee. He will also appear in the next "The Hunger Games" installment which is "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay." It will be divided into two parts, with Part 1 to be shown in 2014 and Part 2 in 2015. Hoffman already shot most of his scenes for the said film. R.I.P. Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in NYC Apartment: How His Death Will Affect 'The Hunger Games? (Click HERE)
Philip Seymour Hoffman Attended Detox For Drug Abuse, 'Hunger Games' Star Was Snorting Heroin: Report (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate