Philip Seymour Hoffman Death: Heroin Found in Home Including 50 'Ace of Spades' Envelopes and Several Empty 'Ace of Hearts' Bags [PHOTOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 4, 2014 8:09 PM EST
Hollywood is still reeling from Oscar winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman's sudden death on Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014. Hoffman was found dead in an apartment in New York City's (NYC) Greenwich Village with a needle stuck in his left forearm. Hoffman apparently died of a drug overdose because aside from the needle that was found on the scene, heroin was also found in his home including 50 "Ace of Spades" envelopes and several empty "Ace of Hearts" bags. "Ace of Spades" and "Ace of Hearts" are said to be street names of heroin.
According to CNN, two law enforcement sources claimed that the police assigned to investigate Hoffman's death have found close to 50 envelopes of a substance that appears to be heroin as well as prescription drugs including buprenorphine (addiction treatment), clonidine hydrochloride (blood-pressure medication), hydroxyzine (anxiety treatment), methocarbamol (muscle relaxer) and Vyvanse (attention-deficit (hyperactivity) disorder treatment), empty bags, several bags with white powder in it and more than 20 used syringes in a plastic cup.
The two law enforcement sources also said that the New York medical examiner is conducting an autopsy of Hoffman's body.
TMZ reported that there were also a number of unused syringes found in Hoffman's apartment in NYC and that he seemed to be preparing for a heroin binge. According to TMZ, Hoffman was seen in Atlanta on Jan. 30, 2014 with a woman at the bar and witnesses who saw him said that he appeared to be drunk.
In 2013 Hoffman revealed to TMZ that he entered a rehabilitation centre for his drug abuse problem. He recently relapsed after being clean for 23 years. He admitted that he was back to snorting heroin and taking prescription meds.
46-year-old Hoffman had a promising Hollywood career starring with the biggest actors and actresses in Tinseltown including Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Julianne Moore, Al Pacino, Helen Hunt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Cate Blanchett, Matt Damon, Jude Law, Robin Williams, Stanley Tucci and Jennifer Lawrence.
He was last seen in the film "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" as Plutarch Heavensbee. He will also appear in the next "The Hunger Games" installment which is "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay." It will be divided into two parts, with Part 1 to be shown in 2014 and Part 2 in 2015. Hoffman already shot most of his scenes for the said film. R.I.P. Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in NYC Apartment: How His Death Will Affect 'The Hunger Games? (Click HERE)
Philip Seymour Hoffman Attended Detox For Drug Abuse, 'Hunger Games' Star Was Snorting Heroin: Report (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales