‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Spoilers Update: Airdate and Few More Things to Know About Benedict Cumberbatch's Return as Sherlock Holmes
By jaskiran kaur | February 4, 2014 7:57 PM EST
Much awaited "Sherlock" Season 3 was wrapped up recently. Even before its end, fans were eager to know whether they will be treated to yet another par excellence season of Benedict Cumberbatch's "Sherlock." Not keeping their fans in suspense, creator of the show Steven Moffat immediately announced that they have already plotted out "Sherlock" Season 4 and Season 5.
Ever since the declaration came through, fans and media outlets are speculating the key elements of the show when it will return. Here few updates about the awaited "Sherlock" Season 4.
'Sherlock' Season 4 Spoilers: Few Things to Know
Abbreviated Format for 'Sherlock' Season 4
According to the recent report by Enquirer Herald, creators of the worldwide hit show "Sherlock" will be sticking to "abbreviated" or very few episodes per season format. Fans must not expect more episodes for the "Sherlock" Season 4 or Season 5, as Steven Moffat is keen on sticking to its original format.
Even though nothing is confirmed, but the report claims that Steven Moffat while responding to the fans of China appealing to him for expanding the number of episodes, responded by saying: "No, it's a waste of time, sorry, China" (as quoted by Enquirer Herald).
Return of Irene Adler
Return of character Irene Adler is highly speculated topic of the show mainly because of her very brief appearance and also because she is speculated to be Sherlock's (Benedict Cumberbatch) love interest.
Her long absence is actually making fans eager for her return. They have been wondering if she will actually make a return to Season 4. Recently, TVLine revealed the possibility of the return of Irene Adler in "Sherlock" Season 4 in its spoilers report. According to the report while quoting Steven Moffat, it was disclosed that her return is "not impossible, because she's still alive and out there." The report also revealed that he is "wary" of bringing her back to the show as he believes that there are "many other stories to tell."
'Sherlock' Season 4 Airdate
Return of Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes in "Sherlock" Season 4 is something that fans can't wait for.
Earlier on, it was rumored that the show might return by Christmas 2014, but the recent reports about the scheduling indicate delay in "Sherlock" Season 4 premiere. The cause of the delay is attributed to its scheduling of shooting and availability of the actors and the producer himself. For making something as brilliant as this, it is important to make all the crew members available at the same time including lead stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. At the moment, Steven Moffat is not only committed to "Sherlock" Season 4, but he is also working on new season of "Doctor Who" which is scheduled to air later this year. Therefore, nothing can be concluded about the airdate of "Sherlock" Season 4. Fans must await more updates on the same.
For more spoilers on "Sherlock" Season 4, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?