‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Spoilers Update: Airdate and Few More Things to Know About Benedict Cumberbatch's Return as Sherlock Holmes
By jaskiran kaur | February 4, 2014 7:57 PM EST
Much awaited "Sherlock" Season 3 was wrapped up recently. Even before its end, fans were eager to know whether they will be treated to yet another par excellence season of Benedict Cumberbatch's "Sherlock." Not keeping their fans in suspense, creator of the show Steven Moffat immediately announced that they have already plotted out "Sherlock" Season 4 and Season 5.
Ever since the declaration came through, fans and media outlets are speculating the key elements of the show when it will return. Here few updates about the awaited "Sherlock" Season 4.
'Sherlock' Season 4 Spoilers: Few Things to Know
Abbreviated Format for 'Sherlock' Season 4
According to the recent report by Enquirer Herald, creators of the worldwide hit show "Sherlock" will be sticking to "abbreviated" or very few episodes per season format. Fans must not expect more episodes for the "Sherlock" Season 4 or Season 5, as Steven Moffat is keen on sticking to its original format.
Even though nothing is confirmed, but the report claims that Steven Moffat while responding to the fans of China appealing to him for expanding the number of episodes, responded by saying: "No, it's a waste of time, sorry, China" (as quoted by Enquirer Herald).
Return of Irene Adler
Return of character Irene Adler is highly speculated topic of the show mainly because of her very brief appearance and also because she is speculated to be Sherlock's (Benedict Cumberbatch) love interest.
Her long absence is actually making fans eager for her return. They have been wondering if she will actually make a return to Season 4. Recently, TVLine revealed the possibility of the return of Irene Adler in "Sherlock" Season 4 in its spoilers report. According to the report while quoting Steven Moffat, it was disclosed that her return is "not impossible, because she's still alive and out there." The report also revealed that he is "wary" of bringing her back to the show as he believes that there are "many other stories to tell."
'Sherlock' Season 4 Airdate
Return of Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes in "Sherlock" Season 4 is something that fans can't wait for.
Earlier on, it was rumored that the show might return by Christmas 2014, but the recent reports about the scheduling indicate delay in "Sherlock" Season 4 premiere. The cause of the delay is attributed to its scheduling of shooting and availability of the actors and the producer himself. For making something as brilliant as this, it is important to make all the crew members available at the same time including lead stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. At the moment, Steven Moffat is not only committed to "Sherlock" Season 4, but he is also working on new season of "Doctor Who" which is scheduled to air later this year. Therefore, nothing can be concluded about the airdate of "Sherlock" Season 4. Fans must await more updates on the same.
For more spoilers on "Sherlock" Season 4, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage