‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Spoilers Update: Airdate and Few More Things to Know About Benedict Cumberbatch's Return as Sherlock Holmes
By jaskiran kaur | February 4, 2014 7:57 PM EST
Much awaited "Sherlock" Season 3 was wrapped up recently. Even before its end, fans were eager to know whether they will be treated to yet another par excellence season of Benedict Cumberbatch's "Sherlock." Not keeping their fans in suspense, creator of the show Steven Moffat immediately announced that they have already plotted out "Sherlock" Season 4 and Season 5.
Ever since the declaration came through, fans and media outlets are speculating the key elements of the show when it will return. Here few updates about the awaited "Sherlock" Season 4.
'Sherlock' Season 4 Spoilers: Few Things to Know
Abbreviated Format for 'Sherlock' Season 4
According to the recent report by Enquirer Herald, creators of the worldwide hit show "Sherlock" will be sticking to "abbreviated" or very few episodes per season format. Fans must not expect more episodes for the "Sherlock" Season 4 or Season 5, as Steven Moffat is keen on sticking to its original format.
Even though nothing is confirmed, but the report claims that Steven Moffat while responding to the fans of China appealing to him for expanding the number of episodes, responded by saying: "No, it's a waste of time, sorry, China" (as quoted by Enquirer Herald).
Return of Irene Adler
Return of character Irene Adler is highly speculated topic of the show mainly because of her very brief appearance and also because she is speculated to be Sherlock's (Benedict Cumberbatch) love interest.
Her long absence is actually making fans eager for her return. They have been wondering if she will actually make a return to Season 4. Recently, TVLine revealed the possibility of the return of Irene Adler in "Sherlock" Season 4 in its spoilers report. According to the report while quoting Steven Moffat, it was disclosed that her return is "not impossible, because she's still alive and out there." The report also revealed that he is "wary" of bringing her back to the show as he believes that there are "many other stories to tell."
'Sherlock' Season 4 Airdate
Return of Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes in "Sherlock" Season 4 is something that fans can't wait for.
Earlier on, it was rumored that the show might return by Christmas 2014, but the recent reports about the scheduling indicate delay in "Sherlock" Season 4 premiere. The cause of the delay is attributed to its scheduling of shooting and availability of the actors and the producer himself. For making something as brilliant as this, it is important to make all the crew members available at the same time including lead stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. At the moment, Steven Moffat is not only committed to "Sherlock" Season 4, but he is also working on new season of "Doctor Who" which is scheduled to air later this year. Therefore, nothing can be concluded about the airdate of "Sherlock" Season 4. Fans must await more updates on the same.
For more spoilers on "Sherlock" Season 4, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown