NFL Investigating Game-Fixing at Super Bowl XLVIII, Broncos QB Manning Sells Game to Seattle Seahawks: The Truth Behind Rout
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 4, 2014 6:57 PM EST
Super Bowl XLVIII topics continue to dominate various social networking sites, just a day after the Seattle Seahawks routed the Denver Broncos 43-8 to claim the Holy Grail of pro football on Sunday at MetLife Stadium.
Broncos quarterback Manning leaves the field after his team lost to the Seahawks in the NFL Super Bowl XLVIII football game in East Rutherford, New Jersey, February 2, 2014.
From Peyton Manning's collapse to Bruno Mars' epic halftime concert, netizens from different walks of life don't get tired talking about America's greatest sporting spectacle and the fanfare that surrounds it.
But when it just seems that everything was settled and a new champion has been crowned, a conspiracy theory came out of nowhere to pique the interest and imagination of die-hard football fans.
According to Huzlers, NFL officials have discovered that the NFL championship showdown between the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks appear to be fixed, as they found out substantial evidence that would prove the game was not played fair and square.
"After The Seattle Seahawks victory over the Denver Broncos at the NFL's 48th Super Bowl with a final score of 43-8, NFL officials have just discovered that the game was most likely rigged," Huzler stated.
"NFL officials have just found clues that might prove the game was rigged. Officials believe the Broncos intentionally lost the championship in exchange for a large amount of money," the site stated.
The report added that veteran NFL referee Terry McAulay sensed that there was something fishy in the conversation of Manning and Seattle head coach Pete Carroll.
"Super Bowl referee Terry McAulay told reporters he sensed something strange when he overhead Broncos Quarterback Peyton Manning allegedly asking Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll "When are you going to pay up?". McAulay immediately became suspicious and notified other officials and that's when it all started."
Roger Goddell was reportedly furious to learn about the possible game-fixing scandal at Pro Football's biggest stage, as NFL officials swear to investigate further into the matter.
"The NFL are currently investigating the situation and looking for evidence to prove the game was rigged. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told reporters "This is like that Chicago White Sox scandal back in 1919, I can't believe this, they ruined the sport, I just can't believe it," wrote Huzzler.
The Real Score
Though the allegations in the article might be a little bit too far from reality, Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman revealed that they indeed cracked the code of Peyton Manning's audibles and hand signals, allowing them to disrupt the Broncos' offense effectively in the first half.
"All we did was play situational football," Sherman told Klemko at the team party after the game via Larry Brown Sports. "We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half."
"Me, Earl [Thomas], Kam [Chancellor]... we're not just three All-Pro players. We're three All-Pro minds. Now, if Peyton had thrown in some double moves, if he had gone out of character, we could've been exposed," he added."
For more Super Bowl and NFL news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy