Mission Impossible 5: Tom Cruise Set to Return as Ethan Hunt, Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg to Also Reprise Roles as UK Production Begins
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 4, 2014 5:36 PM EST
Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise is set to reprise his famous movie role, Agent Ethan Hunt, in the upcoming "Mission Impossible 5" film. According to the KpopStarz report, the film's release date is scheduled on Christmas 2015 but the cast members and crew are getting ready to start working on the film this February in the UK.
The 51-year-old actor will be reuniting with his "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol co-stars Paula Patton, "Avengers" star Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg who reprises their agent characters for "Mission Impossible 5." The production team behind the successful movie franchise are reportedly feeling the pressure for the next "Mission Impossible" film since "Ghost Protocol" became the highest grossing franchise when it was released back in December 2011.
The creators are expected to match or even surpass the action scenes and stunts that they offered the moviegoers in "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" as well as the gadgets and vehicles used. "Mission Impossible 5" is also expected to beat the other films scheduled to be released in December 2015 like the much anticipated "Star Wars: Episode 7."
J.J. Abrams will be busy working on "Mission Impossible 5" as the film producer with Skydance Productions chief David Ellison and Mark Bakshi while in the "Star Wars" film series, Mr Abrams sits on the director's chair. Director Christopher McQuarrie will be working on the "Mission Impossible 5" film with writer Drew Pearce on board.
The "Mission Impossible" star will be having a busy work schedule as well with other upcoming movie projects under his sleeve. Previous reports claim Tom Cruise will work on the "Jack Reacher" sequel based on the novel by Lee Child titled "Never Go Back" as well as the upcoming "Go Like Hell" flick.
It appears the mounting movie projects of Tom Cruise made the actor give up the remake film "The Magnificent Seven" where fans can see him star along with the "Bourne Identity" actor Matt Damon. Mr Cruise had already signed to do the movie project but he had to drop the opportunity without releasing any official statement through his reps to clarify what happened.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Jesse Eisenberg To Portray Superman's Archenemy Lex Luthor - [READ]
Jurassic Park 4 Casting News: Actor Chris Pratt Confirms Role in 'Jurassic World' - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Filming Set to Begin Immediately? Ben Affleck Share Insights on Being Batman in the Movie Sequel - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation