Floyd Mayweather Starts a Poll to Let Fans Decide Whether He Should Fight Amir Khan or Marcos Maidana on May 3
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 4, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather is going to decide whether he should fight Amir Khan or Marcos Maidana on his next fight with the help of his fans.
Mayweather first posted a picture of Britain's Khan and Argentina's Maidana on his official Instagram account on Monday. "I'm going to let the fans vote, tell me who I should fight next, Khan or Maidana," he wrote as its caption.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto [Reuters/SIPHIWE SIBEKO]
A few hours later, he tweeted a picture of him with Khan and Maidana. "Who should I fight next," he wrote. "Go to MayweatherPromotions.com and vote, I am going to let the fans decide," Mayweather tweeted.
It looks like Mayweather is pretty serious about this. He even instigated a poll on Mayweather Promotions' Web site so that boxing fans can have some sort of participation in his May 3 fight.
To cast a vote, you must either use your credentials on Facebook and Twitter or create an account on Lockerdome.com. Right now, it doesn't show if it's Khan or Maidana leading the tally, but boxing fans all over the world have their own preference. Other Twitter users even suggested Manny Pacquiao for Mayweather's next fight.
Khan has previously revealed that he had already signed a contract to fight Mayweather. He said that he is only waiting for the undefeated boxer to sign the alleged contract to finalise the deal. Khan has always been very vocal about his dream of fighting Mayweather. Maybe he was the one who voted on the poll just so he can make his dream come true. What do you think? Khan has a boxing 28 record of 28 wins and 3 losses, 20 of which were won by knockout.
Maidana, on the other hand, has fought 38 times. He has won 35 times and lost 3 bouts. A total of 31 wins out were won via knockout.
For weeks and months, it is believed that Mayweather will face Khan on his next fight, but it looks like the final say will be based on the boxing fans. Who do you think will get a shot at Mayweather's unbeaten record? Will Khan finally get his wish or will it be Maidana who get to face Mayweather in the ring on May 3 in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Cast your vote now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
- Australian BASE Jumper Killed in French Alps
- Splint-Free Rafael Nadal in Intense Practice for US Open Campaign
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- US, Canada Labour Activists ‘Block the Boat for Gaza’ Succeed in Blocking Docking of Israeli Ship in California Port
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Larger 5.5inch iPhone 6 Variant Will Roll Out in the Market as ‘iPhone 6L’
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff