Floyd Mayweather Starts a Poll to Let Fans Decide Whether He Should Fight Amir Khan or Marcos Maidana on May 3
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 4, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather is going to decide whether he should fight Amir Khan or Marcos Maidana on his next fight with the help of his fans.
Mayweather first posted a picture of Britain's Khan and Argentina's Maidana on his official Instagram account on Monday. "I'm going to let the fans vote, tell me who I should fight next, Khan or Maidana," he wrote as its caption.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto [Reuters/SIPHIWE SIBEKO]
A few hours later, he tweeted a picture of him with Khan and Maidana. "Who should I fight next," he wrote. "Go to MayweatherPromotions.com and vote, I am going to let the fans decide," Mayweather tweeted.
It looks like Mayweather is pretty serious about this. He even instigated a poll on Mayweather Promotions' Web site so that boxing fans can have some sort of participation in his May 3 fight.
To cast a vote, you must either use your credentials on Facebook and Twitter or create an account on Lockerdome.com. Right now, it doesn't show if it's Khan or Maidana leading the tally, but boxing fans all over the world have their own preference. Other Twitter users even suggested Manny Pacquiao for Mayweather's next fight.
Khan has previously revealed that he had already signed a contract to fight Mayweather. He said that he is only waiting for the undefeated boxer to sign the alleged contract to finalise the deal. Khan has always been very vocal about his dream of fighting Mayweather. Maybe he was the one who voted on the poll just so he can make his dream come true. What do you think? Khan has a boxing 28 record of 28 wins and 3 losses, 20 of which were won by knockout.
Maidana, on the other hand, has fought 38 times. He has won 35 times and lost 3 bouts. A total of 31 wins out were won via knockout.
For weeks and months, it is believed that Mayweather will face Khan on his next fight, but it looks like the final say will be based on the boxing fans. Who do you think will get a shot at Mayweather's unbeaten record? Will Khan finally get his wish or will it be Maidana who get to face Mayweather in the ring on May 3 in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Cast your vote now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James