Floyd Mayweather Starts a Poll to Let Fans Decide Whether He Should Fight Amir Khan or Marcos Maidana on May 3
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 4, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather is going to decide whether he should fight Amir Khan or Marcos Maidana on his next fight with the help of his fans.
Mayweather first posted a picture of Britain's Khan and Argentina's Maidana on his official Instagram account on Monday. "I'm going to let the fans vote, tell me who I should fight next, Khan or Maidana," he wrote as its caption.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto [Reuters/SIPHIWE SIBEKO]
A few hours later, he tweeted a picture of him with Khan and Maidana. "Who should I fight next," he wrote. "Go to MayweatherPromotions.com and vote, I am going to let the fans decide," Mayweather tweeted.
It looks like Mayweather is pretty serious about this. He even instigated a poll on Mayweather Promotions' Web site so that boxing fans can have some sort of participation in his May 3 fight.
To cast a vote, you must either use your credentials on Facebook and Twitter or create an account on Lockerdome.com. Right now, it doesn't show if it's Khan or Maidana leading the tally, but boxing fans all over the world have their own preference. Other Twitter users even suggested Manny Pacquiao for Mayweather's next fight.
Khan has previously revealed that he had already signed a contract to fight Mayweather. He said that he is only waiting for the undefeated boxer to sign the alleged contract to finalise the deal. Khan has always been very vocal about his dream of fighting Mayweather. Maybe he was the one who voted on the poll just so he can make his dream come true. What do you think? Khan has a boxing 28 record of 28 wins and 3 losses, 20 of which were won by knockout.
Maidana, on the other hand, has fought 38 times. He has won 35 times and lost 3 bouts. A total of 31 wins out were won via knockout.
For weeks and months, it is believed that Mayweather will face Khan on his next fight, but it looks like the final say will be based on the boxing fans. Who do you think will get a shot at Mayweather's unbeaten record? Will Khan finally get his wish or will it be Maidana who get to face Mayweather in the ring on May 3 in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Cast your vote now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows