Floyd Mayweather Starts a Poll to Let Fans Decide Whether He Should Fight Amir Khan or Marcos Maidana on May 3
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 4, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather is going to decide whether he should fight Amir Khan or Marcos Maidana on his next fight with the help of his fans.
Mayweather first posted a picture of Britain's Khan and Argentina's Maidana on his official Instagram account on Monday. "I'm going to let the fans vote, tell me who I should fight next, Khan or Maidana," he wrote as its caption.
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr greets fans and amateur boxers during a visit to conduct training clinics in Soweto [Reuters/SIPHIWE SIBEKO]
A few hours later, he tweeted a picture of him with Khan and Maidana. "Who should I fight next," he wrote. "Go to MayweatherPromotions.com and vote, I am going to let the fans decide," Mayweather tweeted.
It looks like Mayweather is pretty serious about this. He even instigated a poll on Mayweather Promotions' Web site so that boxing fans can have some sort of participation in his May 3 fight.
To cast a vote, you must either use your credentials on Facebook and Twitter or create an account on Lockerdome.com. Right now, it doesn't show if it's Khan or Maidana leading the tally, but boxing fans all over the world have their own preference. Other Twitter users even suggested Manny Pacquiao for Mayweather's next fight.
Khan has previously revealed that he had already signed a contract to fight Mayweather. He said that he is only waiting for the undefeated boxer to sign the alleged contract to finalise the deal. Khan has always been very vocal about his dream of fighting Mayweather. Maybe he was the one who voted on the poll just so he can make his dream come true. What do you think? Khan has a boxing 28 record of 28 wins and 3 losses, 20 of which were won by knockout.
Maidana, on the other hand, has fought 38 times. He has won 35 times and lost 3 bouts. A total of 31 wins out were won via knockout.
For weeks and months, it is believed that Mayweather will face Khan on his next fight, but it looks like the final say will be based on the boxing fans. Who do you think will get a shot at Mayweather's unbeaten record? Will Khan finally get his wish or will it be Maidana who get to face Mayweather in the ring on May 3 in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Cast your vote now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’