Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo: Top 7 Factors You Should Check If its Worth Buying Than Galaxy Note 3 Original
By Ryan Inoyori | February 4, 2014 5:16 PM EST
New branch of the Galaxy Note line unveiled a set of six-core processor, 8 MP with 1080p video, 5.5-inches of display and Super AMOLED screen. Galaxy Note 3 Neo attracts those buyers who wants the latest hardware but not as hard-core priced like the super-powered brother.
Samsung used the ARM big.LITTLE architecture on Galaxy Note 3 Neo and it allows the device to be powered by dual-core 1.7 GHz Cortex A-15 and quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 to run all active and background apps. Mali-T624 supports the graphics rendering while the entire processors compose Exynos 5260.
Galaxy S Exclusives
Since it is a Galaxy Note, you'll get the famous S Pen stylus and access several Galaxy Note exclusive apps from editing to business. Moreover, special features such as Smart Stay, Smart Pause and Smart Scroll are also included on the device.
In terms of connectivity, Galaxy Note 3 Neo supports Wi-Fi, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0 and Infrared. IR port will enable you to use the device as a remote control just like Galaxy S4 and Note 3 original.
It is slightly smaller than Galaxy Note 3 original with 5.5 inches of Super AMOLED display and 720p resolution which could be a benefit for the battery. You also going to see the classic TouchWiz UI hopefully to receive the newer version via Android 4.4 KitKat update soon.
Galaxy Note 3 Neo sports 8 MP rear camera that shoots up to 3264 x 2448 image resolution under native aspect of 4:3 ratio. You can set the HDR mode as default and modify the volume rockers as shutter key, video shutter key or zooming key. Some camera modes such as Best Photo, Best Face, Erase, Drama mode, Cine Photo and others found on previous Samsung devices are available in the camera app.
Last but not the least is the battery life and Galaxy Note 3 Neo boasts of 3100 mAh which is 100 mAh less compared to the original variant. Even with six-core processors, Galaxy Note 3 Neo faired enough to sustain good battery performance. The Super AMOLED screen and lower display resolution helped stabilise the graphics chipset on gaming and reduce power demands on most apps or images.
Downsides of Galaxy Note 3 Neo
It is a new branch and good alternative for Galaxy Note 3 but some factors may need few improvements which could affect user interests.
- Still too big for one-hand operation
- Dedicated camera key isn't included
- No FM radio app
- TouchWiz UI is the same with Galaxy Note 3
- Performance with six-core CPU doesn't make it a superb phone
- No 4K video recording
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3