Rajinikanth’s ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ to Release on 11 April; Set to Clash with Amitabh Bachchan’s ‘Bhootnath 2’
By Ankita Mehta | February 4, 2014 5:16 PM EST
The release date of Rajinikanth's much awaited film "Kochadaiiyaan" (aka "Kochadaiyaan") has finally been confirmed. Rajinikanth's magnum opus film will now hit screens on 11 April worldwide.
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
The film is set for massive release on 6000 screens worldwide, which is reportedly the highest ever recorded.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, the film will release in around seven languages in India, including Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Punjabi. Additionally, the film will have an English version for overseas audiences.
"Eros is proud to present this magnum opus with Rajinikanth, which will take the Indian film industry to the next level. We are confident that this will be a landmark film in world cinema as a result of the ground breaking technology used. The film will be released in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Punjabi in India and overseas in more than 6,000 screens. We will be releasing an English version internationally as well," Sunil Lulla, Managing Director, Eros International Media Ltd said in a press release.
Initially the film was set for Pongal release and was expected to clash with Ajith's "Veeram" and Vijay's "Jilla". However, the film will hit screens during Tamil New Year's Day in April.
This April, the box office will witness a clash of two films starring two superstars -Big B and Rajinikanth. Apparently, Bollywood film "Bhootnath 2" starring Amitabh Bachchan is also releasing on the same day.
This is for the second time the two legends will clash at the box office. In 2007, Amitabh's "Jhoom Barabar Jhoom" and Rajinikanth's "Shivaji The Boss" were released on the same day.
While "Jhoom Barabar Jhoom" bombed at the collection centers, "Shivaji" was a massive hit. However, it remains to be seen who will win the box office this year.
"Kochadaiiyaan" production cost is more than 100 crore and is touted to be one of the costliest Tamil films ever. Rajinikanth will be seen playing double role in the film, while Deepika Padukone will be the leading lady.
It also features R. Sharath Kumar, Nazar, Aadi and Shobana among others.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes