Rajinikanth’s ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ to Release on 11 April; Set to Clash with Amitabh Bachchan’s ‘Bhootnath 2’
By Ankita Mehta | February 4, 2014 5:16 PM EST
The release date of Rajinikanth's much awaited film "Kochadaiiyaan" (aka "Kochadaiyaan") has finally been confirmed. Rajinikanth's magnum opus film will now hit screens on 11 April worldwide.
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
The film is set for massive release on 6000 screens worldwide, which is reportedly the highest ever recorded.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, the film will release in around seven languages in India, including Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Punjabi. Additionally, the film will have an English version for overseas audiences.
"Eros is proud to present this magnum opus with Rajinikanth, which will take the Indian film industry to the next level. We are confident that this will be a landmark film in world cinema as a result of the ground breaking technology used. The film will be released in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Punjabi in India and overseas in more than 6,000 screens. We will be releasing an English version internationally as well," Sunil Lulla, Managing Director, Eros International Media Ltd said in a press release.
Initially the film was set for Pongal release and was expected to clash with Ajith's "Veeram" and Vijay's "Jilla". However, the film will hit screens during Tamil New Year's Day in April.
This April, the box office will witness a clash of two films starring two superstars -Big B and Rajinikanth. Apparently, Bollywood film "Bhootnath 2" starring Amitabh Bachchan is also releasing on the same day.
This is for the second time the two legends will clash at the box office. In 2007, Amitabh's "Jhoom Barabar Jhoom" and Rajinikanth's "Shivaji The Boss" were released on the same day.
While "Jhoom Barabar Jhoom" bombed at the collection centers, "Shivaji" was a massive hit. However, it remains to be seen who will win the box office this year.
"Kochadaiiyaan" production cost is more than 100 crore and is touted to be one of the costliest Tamil films ever. Rajinikanth will be seen playing double role in the film, while Deepika Padukone will be the leading lady.
It also features R. Sharath Kumar, Nazar, Aadi and Shobana among others.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members