Rajinikanth’s ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ to Release on 11 April; Set to Clash with Amitabh Bachchan’s ‘Bhootnath 2’
By Ankita Mehta | February 4, 2014 5:16 PM EST
The release date of Rajinikanth's much awaited film "Kochadaiiyaan" (aka "Kochadaiyaan") has finally been confirmed. Rajinikanth's magnum opus film will now hit screens on 11 April worldwide.
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
The film is set for massive release on 6000 screens worldwide, which is reportedly the highest ever recorded.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, the film will release in around seven languages in India, including Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Punjabi. Additionally, the film will have an English version for overseas audiences.
"Eros is proud to present this magnum opus with Rajinikanth, which will take the Indian film industry to the next level. We are confident that this will be a landmark film in world cinema as a result of the ground breaking technology used. The film will be released in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Punjabi in India and overseas in more than 6,000 screens. We will be releasing an English version internationally as well," Sunil Lulla, Managing Director, Eros International Media Ltd said in a press release.
Initially the film was set for Pongal release and was expected to clash with Ajith's "Veeram" and Vijay's "Jilla". However, the film will hit screens during Tamil New Year's Day in April.
This April, the box office will witness a clash of two films starring two superstars -Big B and Rajinikanth. Apparently, Bollywood film "Bhootnath 2" starring Amitabh Bachchan is also releasing on the same day.
This is for the second time the two legends will clash at the box office. In 2007, Amitabh's "Jhoom Barabar Jhoom" and Rajinikanth's "Shivaji The Boss" were released on the same day.
While "Jhoom Barabar Jhoom" bombed at the collection centers, "Shivaji" was a massive hit. However, it remains to be seen who will win the box office this year.
"Kochadaiiyaan" production cost is more than 100 crore and is touted to be one of the costliest Tamil films ever. Rajinikanth will be seen playing double role in the film, while Deepika Padukone will be the leading lady.
It also features R. Sharath Kumar, Nazar, Aadi and Shobana among others.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery