Rajinikanth’s ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ to Release on 11 April; Set to Clash with Amitabh Bachchan’s ‘Bhootnath 2’
By Ankita Mehta | February 4, 2014 5:16 PM EST
The release date of Rajinikanth's much awaited film "Kochadaiiyaan" (aka "Kochadaiyaan") has finally been confirmed. Rajinikanth's magnum opus film will now hit screens on 11 April worldwide.
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
The film is set for massive release on 6000 screens worldwide, which is reportedly the highest ever recorded.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, the film will release in around seven languages in India, including Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Punjabi. Additionally, the film will have an English version for overseas audiences.
"Eros is proud to present this magnum opus with Rajinikanth, which will take the Indian film industry to the next level. We are confident that this will be a landmark film in world cinema as a result of the ground breaking technology used. The film will be released in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Punjabi in India and overseas in more than 6,000 screens. We will be releasing an English version internationally as well," Sunil Lulla, Managing Director, Eros International Media Ltd said in a press release.
Initially the film was set for Pongal release and was expected to clash with Ajith's "Veeram" and Vijay's "Jilla". However, the film will hit screens during Tamil New Year's Day in April.
This April, the box office will witness a clash of two films starring two superstars -Big B and Rajinikanth. Apparently, Bollywood film "Bhootnath 2" starring Amitabh Bachchan is also releasing on the same day.
This is for the second time the two legends will clash at the box office. In 2007, Amitabh's "Jhoom Barabar Jhoom" and Rajinikanth's "Shivaji The Boss" were released on the same day.
While "Jhoom Barabar Jhoom" bombed at the collection centers, "Shivaji" was a massive hit. However, it remains to be seen who will win the box office this year.
"Kochadaiiyaan" production cost is more than 100 crore and is touted to be one of the costliest Tamil films ever. Rajinikanth will be seen playing double role in the film, while Deepika Padukone will be the leading lady.
It also features R. Sharath Kumar, Nazar, Aadi and Shobana among others.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS