Rachel Zoe Cancels NY Fashion Week Show to Look After New Baby
By Jesselle Maminta | February 4, 2014 4:06 PM EST
The renowed stylist-turned-designer announced over a statement published by Women's Wear Daily her decision to pull out the presentation of her Fall 2014 collection to take care of her son, who is more than a month old.
"While I look forward to New York Fashion Week each season, I've made the difficult decision to move our fall 2014 runway show from Feb. 13 in New York to a later date in Los Angeles. As a new mother, my newborn son is too young to travel with me, and I'm unable to leave him for the amount of time required to appropriately prepare for the show in New York," says Rachel.
However, the presentation of the collection will push through on February 10 in New York City, but it will only be shown "to press & buyers in private appointments."
Furthermore, Rachel reassures the press that she will be back for the next New York Fashion Week in September.
It is worth noting that Rachel Zoe is known to push herself to the limit at work. In a few episodes of her reality show "The Rachel Zoe Project," she was seen wearing heels while nine months pregnant; and she gave birth to her son Skyler Morrison just a month after presenting her Fall 2011 collection.
But according to Cherise Luter of Bustle, her decision to take a break may be more than just for family matters. She cites the competition from her former employees Brad Goreski and Taylor Jacobson, Anne Hathaway's dismissal of her services and Neiman Marcus's pullout of her merchandise from the store as some of the problems that Rachel is currently facing.
Rachel's Fall 2014 collection is inspired by "a Parisian woman in the Sixties," and will include pieces such as shift dresses, tailored jackets, houndstooth and plaid patterns.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery