Rachel Zoe Cancels NY Fashion Week Show to Look After New Baby
By Jesselle Maminta | February 4, 2014 4:06 PM EST
The renowed stylist-turned-designer announced over a statement published by Women's Wear Daily her decision to pull out the presentation of her Fall 2014 collection to take care of her son, who is more than a month old.
"While I look forward to New York Fashion Week each season, I've made the difficult decision to move our fall 2014 runway show from Feb. 13 in New York to a later date in Los Angeles. As a new mother, my newborn son is too young to travel with me, and I'm unable to leave him for the amount of time required to appropriately prepare for the show in New York," says Rachel.
However, the presentation of the collection will push through on February 10 in New York City, but it will only be shown "to press & buyers in private appointments."
Furthermore, Rachel reassures the press that she will be back for the next New York Fashion Week in September.
It is worth noting that Rachel Zoe is known to push herself to the limit at work. In a few episodes of her reality show "The Rachel Zoe Project," she was seen wearing heels while nine months pregnant; and she gave birth to her son Skyler Morrison just a month after presenting her Fall 2011 collection.
But according to Cherise Luter of Bustle, her decision to take a break may be more than just for family matters. She cites the competition from her former employees Brad Goreski and Taylor Jacobson, Anne Hathaway's dismissal of her services and Neiman Marcus's pullout of her merchandise from the store as some of the problems that Rachel is currently facing.
Rachel's Fall 2014 collection is inspired by "a Parisian woman in the Sixties," and will include pieces such as shift dresses, tailored jackets, houndstooth and plaid patterns.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date