Rachel Zoe Cancels NY Fashion Week Show to Look After New Baby
By Jesselle Maminta | February 4, 2014 4:06 PM EST
The renowed stylist-turned-designer announced over a statement published by Women's Wear Daily her decision to pull out the presentation of her Fall 2014 collection to take care of her son, who is more than a month old.
"While I look forward to New York Fashion Week each season, I've made the difficult decision to move our fall 2014 runway show from Feb. 13 in New York to a later date in Los Angeles. As a new mother, my newborn son is too young to travel with me, and I'm unable to leave him for the amount of time required to appropriately prepare for the show in New York," says Rachel.
However, the presentation of the collection will push through on February 10 in New York City, but it will only be shown "to press & buyers in private appointments."
Furthermore, Rachel reassures the press that she will be back for the next New York Fashion Week in September.
It is worth noting that Rachel Zoe is known to push herself to the limit at work. In a few episodes of her reality show "The Rachel Zoe Project," she was seen wearing heels while nine months pregnant; and she gave birth to her son Skyler Morrison just a month after presenting her Fall 2011 collection.
But according to Cherise Luter of Bustle, her decision to take a break may be more than just for family matters. She cites the competition from her former employees Brad Goreski and Taylor Jacobson, Anne Hathaway's dismissal of her services and Neiman Marcus's pullout of her merchandise from the store as some of the problems that Rachel is currently facing.
Rachel's Fall 2014 collection is inspired by "a Parisian woman in the Sixties," and will include pieces such as shift dresses, tailored jackets, houndstooth and plaid patterns.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design