Rachel Zoe Cancels NY Fashion Week Show to Look After New Baby
By Jesselle Maminta | February 4, 2014 4:06 PM EST
The renowed stylist-turned-designer announced over a statement published by Women's Wear Daily her decision to pull out the presentation of her Fall 2014 collection to take care of her son, who is more than a month old.
"While I look forward to New York Fashion Week each season, I've made the difficult decision to move our fall 2014 runway show from Feb. 13 in New York to a later date in Los Angeles. As a new mother, my newborn son is too young to travel with me, and I'm unable to leave him for the amount of time required to appropriately prepare for the show in New York," says Rachel.
However, the presentation of the collection will push through on February 10 in New York City, but it will only be shown "to press & buyers in private appointments."
Furthermore, Rachel reassures the press that she will be back for the next New York Fashion Week in September.
It is worth noting that Rachel Zoe is known to push herself to the limit at work. In a few episodes of her reality show "The Rachel Zoe Project," she was seen wearing heels while nine months pregnant; and she gave birth to her son Skyler Morrison just a month after presenting her Fall 2011 collection.
But according to Cherise Luter of Bustle, her decision to take a break may be more than just for family matters. She cites the competition from her former employees Brad Goreski and Taylor Jacobson, Anne Hathaway's dismissal of her services and Neiman Marcus's pullout of her merchandise from the store as some of the problems that Rachel is currently facing.
Rachel's Fall 2014 collection is inspired by "a Parisian woman in the Sixties," and will include pieces such as shift dresses, tailored jackets, houndstooth and plaid patterns.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report