Rachel Zoe Cancels NY Fashion Week Show to Look After New Baby
By Jesselle Maminta | February 4, 2014 4:06 PM EST
The renowed stylist-turned-designer announced over a statement published by Women's Wear Daily her decision to pull out the presentation of her Fall 2014 collection to take care of her son, who is more than a month old.
"While I look forward to New York Fashion Week each season, I've made the difficult decision to move our fall 2014 runway show from Feb. 13 in New York to a later date in Los Angeles. As a new mother, my newborn son is too young to travel with me, and I'm unable to leave him for the amount of time required to appropriately prepare for the show in New York," says Rachel.
However, the presentation of the collection will push through on February 10 in New York City, but it will only be shown "to press & buyers in private appointments."
Furthermore, Rachel reassures the press that she will be back for the next New York Fashion Week in September.
It is worth noting that Rachel Zoe is known to push herself to the limit at work. In a few episodes of her reality show "The Rachel Zoe Project," she was seen wearing heels while nine months pregnant; and she gave birth to her son Skyler Morrison just a month after presenting her Fall 2011 collection.
But according to Cherise Luter of Bustle, her decision to take a break may be more than just for family matters. She cites the competition from her former employees Brad Goreski and Taylor Jacobson, Anne Hathaway's dismissal of her services and Neiman Marcus's pullout of her merchandise from the store as some of the problems that Rachel is currently facing.
Rachel's Fall 2014 collection is inspired by "a Parisian woman in the Sixties," and will include pieces such as shift dresses, tailored jackets, houndstooth and plaid patterns.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast