Samsung Galaxy S5 To Pack 5.25-Inch Screen Display And 2.5GHz Snapdragon 805 Chipset - Korean Securities Firm
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 4, 2014 3:49 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 will come with 5.25-inch screen display and the latest 2.5GHz Snapdragon 805 processor, according to a Korean securities firm.
(O2 Guru TV)
Samsung Galaxy S5 concept shows a curved metal design and 64-built processor. (O2 Guru TV)
According to the email, Samsung Galaxy S5 will pack 5.2-inch to 5.25-inch and AMOLED screen display. The screen will have a pixel resolution of 2560 x 1440 and 560 ppi. Moreover, the processor will either be a quadcore 2.5 GHz Snapdragon 805 or an octacore 2 GHz Exynos 6. The Exynos processor is claimed to have a 64-bit architecture.
The handset is also tipped to have 3 GB RAM. For the internal storage, consumers can choose among 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB with microSD slot for expandable storage. Also, the handset will be powered by 3200 mAh battery. The smartphone will also pack a WiFi, 3G and LTE for connectivity. As for the camera, Samsung Galaxy S5 will pack a 3.2 megapixel in the front with a 16 megapixel at the back.
The handset is also expected to pack the latest version of Android Kitkat OS. The email did not disclose whether the rumored Magazine UI from Samsung will be spread on top of Google's OS.
Latest rumors claimed Samsung Galaxy S5 will feature a back camera with higher megapixels. A photo allegedly taken using the Samsung Galaxy S5 was posted by Flipboard user @123fliptest. Based from the EXIF data, the resolution of the photo is 5312 × 2988 pixels.
If Samsung Galaxy S5 will pack the same 4:3 sensor, it means that the handset will come with 21 megapixel camera. But if the new Galaxy flagship will come with a 16:9 sensor as the rumors suggest, the handset will most likely come with 16 MP rear camera.
Meanwhile, a Samsung patent was found showing Galaxy S5 will have no physical buttons like the recently released PRO tablets. Apart from the buttons, the physical design of the handset is similar to the previous Galaxy S4 and S3. The patent suggested Samsung Galaxy S5 will ditch the rumored retina scanner due to special circumstances. But Samsung has not disclosed any details about the upcoming flagship phone.
As for Samsung Galaxy S5 release date, it is expected to be ahead the Mobile World Congress schedules later this month. There are reports claiming Galaxy S5 will be launched in March and will be available in April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists