Lenovo Chromebooks For Education ThinkPad 11e And ThinkPad Yoga 11e Specs And Features
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 4, 2014 3:44 PM EST
Lenovo has recently announced its new line of devices at the Florida Education Technology Conference. The new devices from Lenovo such as ThinkPad11e and ThinkPad Yoga 11e are built for education and ruggedized for the classroom.
The ThinkPad Yoga 11e sports the Yoga line's multimode design while the ThinkPad 11e model has the standard laptop design. Both will start shipping this spring.
ThinkPad 11e And ThinkPad Yoga 11e Features
Lenovo ThinkPad 11e and ThinkPad Yoga 11e both sport Intel processors and up to 8 hours of battery life. The ThinkPad 11e comes with 11.6-inch HD LED antiglare screen while the ThinkPad Yoga 11e comes with 11.6-inch IPS wide viewing angle touchscreen display.
The top cover of both devices have LEDs to indicate power levels, sleep mode and wireless connectivity, which are designed for teachers to assess whether the students are up and running. These LEDs will be as fun as those on the Chromebool Pixel.
ThinkPad 11e and ThinkPad Yoga 11e units are running on Windows 8 or Chromebook version on Google Chrome OS. The models are available in graphite black or silver and customization is available, including laser engraving, BIOS modifications and custom imaging.
ThinkPad 11e And ThinkPad Yoga 11e Prices
ThinkPad 11e is available for $349 and ThinkPad Yoga 11e is available for $449 through the official Lenovo Web site and Lenovo business partners. There is no word yet if the devices are exclusive to the classroom or it will be available in the shelves.
Currently, Google Play store has three Chromebooks fitting in the low-price segment of laptops ranging from $299 to $279 and the high-end Pixel comes at $1299. Remarkably, there are no devices in the midrange segment giving a gap for quality laptops to step into the break. Mid-performing and mid-priced devices will undoubtedly differentiate themselves from other devices that are currently available.
At this point, we will have to wait for Lenovo to release further device specs before we can conclude if ThinkPad 11e series can fill this gap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy