NBA Trade Rumours: Boozer Pissed for Lack of Playing Time, Trade to Houston Possible?
By James Patrick Quizon | February 4, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Could Carlos Boozer be next in line to be traded from the Chicago Bulls? With the power forward’s recent statements against his own coach Tom Thibodeau for lack of playing time, the veteran could very well be on his way out of the Bulls camp by trade deadline.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Chicago Bulls
In an extensive interview with the Chicago Tribune, Boozer voiced out his frustration of the erratic minutes he’s getting during crunch time of most of the Bulls games this season.
"It's very frustrating, especially when I've got a great game going or what have you. Obviously as a competitor, you want to be out there to help your team win and especially when the game is close. You can do things that can help your team win. Not being out there, all you could do is really cheer them on," said the 12-year pro who’s having career-low averages since his rookie year with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Booozer has logged in 14.8 points per game and 8.5 rebounds in 43 games for the Bulls this season.
Despite the respectable numbers, “Coach Thibs” still doesn’t trust Boozer in the waning moments of the game playing Taj Gibson and Joakim Noah upfront during crunchtime. The decision perhaps comes from the fact that the Gibson-Noah combo is a more efficient pair defensively, something that Boozer has struggled with his entire career.
When asked of his decision to bench Boozer during the vital parts of the game, Thibodeau has always said that “match-ups dictate which players will be on the floor.” Probably just a nicer way of saying that Boozer doesn’t play the defense the Bulls coach demands.
"I think I should be out there," added Boozer.
Out in the court or with another team it’s only a matter of time if the Bulls will indeed trade away Boozer before the deadline.
If the Bulls front office want to continue their semi-rebuild/reload, it would be wise for them to unload Boozer and his rather toxic contract to get some value off the disgruntled player. Via ESPN Trade Machine, here's a deal they can explore:
Chicago Bulls – Houston Rockets Trade
Carlos Boozer ($15.3M) + Future 2nd Round Pick for Omer Asik ($8.3M) and Jeremy Lin ($8.3M)
Logic for Bulls: They get Asik back, correcting their mistake after trading him away before. They get a serviceable guard in Lin, who can either back-up Derrick Rose when he returns or play alongside him
Logic for Rockets: They get a real four that can stretch the floor. The salary is tough, but they are on win-now mode and Boozer completes a potent frontcourt with Dwight Howard.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports