Yellen Sworn in as First Woman Fed Chair
February 4, 2014 2:45 PM EST
Janet Yellen was sworn in Monday to a term as chair of the U.S. central bank, the Federal Reserve said in a statement.
Janet Yellen edges closer to being nominated as head of the Federal Reserve as she garners support among some Republicans (Reuters)
Yellen succeeds Ben Bernanke to become the first woman to head the Fed. Her term as chair ends February 3, 2018.
The oath was administered by Governor Daniel Tarullo, the Fed said.
Join the Conversation
- Russia Boasts Nuclear Missile Trains; 400 Strategic Warheads In Place
- Russia-NATO Tactical Warplanes In Rapid Stand-off; Putin Orders Snap Military Drills
- Canada Updates Millionaire Visa Scheme, Needs 50 Wealthy Immigrants
- Russia Decides Not To Involve Ukraine's Facilties In Its Strategic Missile Production Plans
- Sydney Siege Hoax Alert: Something Bad Will Happen On Christmas Or New Year’s Eve