Super Bowl 2014 in Action [PHOTOS/SLIDESHOW]
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 4, 2014 1:33 PM EST
The young and talented squad of the Seattle Seahawks took home the Super Bowl 2014 on Feb 2 at the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, beating the Denver Broncos 43-8 in one of the most dominating wins in Super Bowl.
Seattle Seahawks Win Super Bowl 2014
Broncos star quarterback Peyton Manning and the rest of his team were left stunned after the Seahawks crushed them with 43-8 victory. Marshawn Lynch scored the first touchdown in the second quarter when he thundered in from a yard out. The Seahawks' conquering defense on the football field pressured Manning and shut down running back Knowshon Moreno. The Broncos was only able to score on the third quarter after Demaryius Thomas' 14-yard touchdown. It was truly a special feeling for the Seahawks to be able to shut down a team like the Broncos. The Broncos weren't able to match the speed of the Seahawks.
Seattle Seahawks Already Looking Forward to Defend the Title
A few hours after winning Super Bowl 2014, the Seahawks' coach Pete Carroll is already eager to start the next season. "The first meeting that we'll have will be tomorrow," Carroll said during a press conference as reported by ESPN. "Our guys would be surprised if we didn't," he added. "We really have an eye on what's coming, and we don't dwell on what just happened," said Carroll. "We'll take this in stride," he said.
Malcolm Smith Wins MVP
The 24-year-old Seahawks linebacker, Malcolm Smith, stood out on the big game night. Smith was hailed as Super Bowl 2014's MVP. He is the fourth youngest player to have been award the MVP. Speaking at a press conference on Sunday evening following their victory, Smith said that during the game, some of his teammates was already telling him that he might be the MVP. "And I was like, 'No way," said Smith. "No way, not me," he said. He was drafted by the Seahawks in the seventh round of the 2011 National Football League (NFL) Draft. Smith said that their team will try to win again in the next season. "We've seen the effort that it takes to get to this point, and obviously, we'll try to replicate that and do it again," said Smith, "We're looking forward to the next challenges and guys having a target on their back and people trying to come after us," he said.
Super Bowl 2014 Betting Action is Record-Breaking
The highest betting record in the history of Super Bowl was achieved in 2013. It has reportedly reached $98.9 million, Las Vegas Review Journal reported. Although no official numbers have been announced yet, MGM Resorts sports book director Jay Rood thinks that the previous record will be broken. "I've got to believe we're going to break the record," said Rood. "If we're any indication, the state is going to go over $100 million," he said. According to Rood, the biggest bet at MGM Resorts was on the Seahawks for $300,000. Some other bettors had gambled $50,000 for the Broncos. "We've got a quite a few six-figure bets," said Rood.
Super Bowl 2014 Halftime Show
Bruno Mars delivered a high-energy number during the Super Bowl 2014 halftime show. He was joined by rock band "Red Hot Chili Peppers," which was also full of energy during the performance. As reported on the NFL Web site, Mars was the one who invited Anthony Kiedis and his bandmates. The Super Bowl halftime show is reportedly the most-watched musical event of the year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Rafael Nadal Will Miss 2014 US Open; Roger Federer Looking to Pounce on Rival
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members