Super Bowl 2014 in Action [PHOTOS/SLIDESHOW]
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 4, 2014 1:33 PM EST
The young and talented squad of the Seattle Seahawks took home the Super Bowl 2014 on Feb 2 at the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, beating the Denver Broncos 43-8 in one of the most dominating wins in Super Bowl.
Seattle Seahawks Win Super Bowl 2014
Broncos star quarterback Peyton Manning and the rest of his team were left stunned after the Seahawks crushed them with 43-8 victory. Marshawn Lynch scored the first touchdown in the second quarter when he thundered in from a yard out. The Seahawks' conquering defense on the football field pressured Manning and shut down running back Knowshon Moreno. The Broncos was only able to score on the third quarter after Demaryius Thomas' 14-yard touchdown. It was truly a special feeling for the Seahawks to be able to shut down a team like the Broncos. The Broncos weren't able to match the speed of the Seahawks.
Seattle Seahawks Already Looking Forward to Defend the Title
A few hours after winning Super Bowl 2014, the Seahawks' coach Pete Carroll is already eager to start the next season. "The first meeting that we'll have will be tomorrow," Carroll said during a press conference as reported by ESPN. "Our guys would be surprised if we didn't," he added. "We really have an eye on what's coming, and we don't dwell on what just happened," said Carroll. "We'll take this in stride," he said.
Malcolm Smith Wins MVP
The 24-year-old Seahawks linebacker, Malcolm Smith, stood out on the big game night. Smith was hailed as Super Bowl 2014's MVP. He is the fourth youngest player to have been award the MVP. Speaking at a press conference on Sunday evening following their victory, Smith said that during the game, some of his teammates was already telling him that he might be the MVP. "And I was like, 'No way," said Smith. "No way, not me," he said. He was drafted by the Seahawks in the seventh round of the 2011 National Football League (NFL) Draft. Smith said that their team will try to win again in the next season. "We've seen the effort that it takes to get to this point, and obviously, we'll try to replicate that and do it again," said Smith, "We're looking forward to the next challenges and guys having a target on their back and people trying to come after us," he said.
Super Bowl 2014 Betting Action is Record-Breaking
The highest betting record in the history of Super Bowl was achieved in 2013. It has reportedly reached $98.9 million, Las Vegas Review Journal reported. Although no official numbers have been announced yet, MGM Resorts sports book director Jay Rood thinks that the previous record will be broken. "I've got to believe we're going to break the record," said Rood. "If we're any indication, the state is going to go over $100 million," he said. According to Rood, the biggest bet at MGM Resorts was on the Seahawks for $300,000. Some other bettors had gambled $50,000 for the Broncos. "We've got a quite a few six-figure bets," said Rood.
Super Bowl 2014 Halftime Show
Bruno Mars delivered a high-energy number during the Super Bowl 2014 halftime show. He was joined by rock band "Red Hot Chili Peppers," which was also full of energy during the performance. As reported on the NFL Web site, Mars was the one who invited Anthony Kiedis and his bandmates. The Super Bowl halftime show is reportedly the most-watched musical event of the year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date